• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:37:05 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Job] Elementalist

Started by Kokojo, December 03, 2009, 06:31:44 pm

Kokojo

December 03, 2009, 06:31:44 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
All comments/Suggestions are welcome.

Male :
Placeholder : Monk

Female :
Placeholder : Monk

Elementalist
Elementalist are the primary magic user, just learning the bases of magic. Their Low hp makes them a primary target.

Healed ? : Yes

HP : Low
MP : High
Speed : Low-Normal
Move : 3
Jump : 2
C-ev : 10

Stats level 1 (Approx) : HP/MP/PA/MA/SP

9/8/1/3/10

Stats level 10 (Approx):

17/16/2/4/12

Equips :
Rod, Staff, Knive
-----
Cloths, Robes.
Hat
Shoes/Ring/Armlet/Cloak

Skillset:

Open to Suggestions*

Burn :

Description: Launch flames at a target.
Quote :  "To the way of the inferno! Burn!"
Range: 3
Effect Area: 0
Vertical: 1
Inflit Status: -
CT: 3
Mp cost: 3
Formula: Dmg_(Rdm(1..X)*(PA*3+Y))NS

Shock :

Description: Call down lightning to strike the enemy.
Quote :  "Be electrcocuted by your own misactions! Shock!"
Range: 5
Effect Area: 1
Vertical: 2
CT: 0
Mp cost: 3
Formula: Dmg_F(MA*Y)

Ice Crush :

Description: Focus heavy ice on the target head for heavy damage
Quote :  "Freeze for an eternity and dwell upon your sin. Ice Crush!"
Range: 2
Vertical: 3
CT: 5
Mp cost: 5
Formula: Dmg_(MA*Y)

Breeze :

Description: Focus Wind magic for a constant, ranged, low damage attack.
Quote :  Seraphic wind, lend not your mercy to the frail! Breeze!"
Range: 7
Vertical: 99
CT: 7
Mp cost: 2
Formula: Dmg_F(MA*Y)

Tremor :

Description: Deals heavy damage instantanly, but depletes mana too.
Quote :  "Fissures of the valiant earth, open and swallow all dissidents! Tremor!"
Range: 4
Vertical: 99
CT: 0
Mp cost: 8
Formula: Dmg_(MA*Y)

Water Flow:

Description: Summon magical water to wear down the Target.
Quote :  "Calming tides of the oceans blue, lend us your salvation! Water Flow!"
Range: 3
Vertical: 2
CT: 2
Mp cost: 5
Formula: Heal_F(MA*Y)

Synergy:

Description: Summon magical water to wear down the Target.
Quote :  "Unknown spririts of magic, bring me your secrets ! Synergy!"
Range: 0
Vertical: 0
CT: 3
Mp cost: 0
Formula: HealMP_(MA*Y)
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Kokojo

I wonder if I should add to them a certain advantage, like Half all offensive elements. They are kinda weak and won't get used. What do you say ?
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Zaen

Sounds good for balancing reasons. It's no good to have classes that are completely useless at later stages in the game.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

PLob218

I agree that this job is pretty weak. It feels very much like a job that is meant to be outgrown as you move on to better, more interesting ones. Contrast this with the physical tree, where Squire remains an extremely useful job/skill set even after the rest of the tree opens up. There's no reason to go back to being an Elementalist unless you still need "Magic Attack UP" (which was a lackluster ability for me anyway...).

I think it would be neat if the elements had unique properties other than direct damage or healing. For instance, you could speed up (Haste) or slow down (Slow) targets by putting the wind at their back or in their face, respectively. Water can heal your units (either directly or with Regen) or inflict your enemies with frog/poison/silence. These effects would always be useful, even at higher levels. And it would make Elementalists a worthy support job/secondary skill set.

SilvasRuin

April 28, 2010, 07:03:31 pm #4 Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:39:44 am by SilvasRuin
I didn't disappear THAT long ago, did I?  I'm not sure if I remember this one or not.

"Elementalist are the primary magic user, just learning the bases of magic. Their Low hp makes them a primary target."
"Elementalists are basic magic users, just learning the fundamentals of magic. Their low HP make them easy targets."
"Elementalists are primary magic users, just learning the basics of magic. Their low HP make them tempting targets."
Not sure which angle you're going for, but either one of those will work.

"Knive"
Knife or Knives?  Though I'm not sure this matters as I don't think you put that exact text in-game.

"Focus heavy ice on the target head for heavy damage"
"Slam heavy ice on a target's head for great damage."
Focus doesn't fit right in my opinion.  You needed a possessive for target.  I put great in there so you wouldn't be using "heavy" twice.

"Breeze"
That sounds... weak.  How about Gale?

"Summon magical water to wear down the Target."
Any particular reason target is capitalized?  Also, "wear down" suggests damage or weakening, not healing.

The description for Synergy seems to be a mistaken copy-paste from the ability before it.

CT5Holy

Quote from: "PLob218"I agree that this job is pretty weak. It feels very much like a job that is meant to be outgrown as you move on to better, more interesting ones. Contrast this with the physical tree, where Squire remains an extremely useful job/skill set even after the rest of the tree opens up. There's no reason to go back to being an Elementalist unless you still need "Magic Attack UP" (which was a lackluster ability for me anyway...).

I disagree. I used this job in every battle. Granted, Ilya starts as an Elementalist, but after I got some new recruits, one became an Elementalist right away. My main complaint with the class is Wind Blow. Feels like too little damage for too much MP.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

PLob218

"Too little damage for too much MP" sums up my feelings about the job in general. Wind Blow is an interesting concept, but like CT5Holy points out, it drains your MP pretty quickly without having much to show for it. Burn, Shock, and Ice Crush are your basic direct damage spells; nothing wrong with them necessarily, but nothing exciting either. I can't comment on Tremor, because I never found an occasion to use it. But for that many MP it better put a hurting on its target, because if they're left standing they'll have a nice, easy target. Ranged healing is nice in theory, but Water Flow is a joke. I never saw it heal for more than 3 HP, yet it costs 5 MP to cast! Synergy is the job's best ability, and is the only reason I would set Elementals as my secondary skill. Every other job needs MP, and this is the best (only?) way I've found to get them back once you've spent them.

My main beef with the Elemenatalist is that their spells have no advantage over a Squire's crossbow attacks, which have no charge time, require no MP, have greater range, and whose job has higher HP and can equip better gear. I'd like there to be more of a trade-off. Their spells could either get a big bump in damage or have some kind of status effects added to their current damage, similar to Geomancy.