• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:25:56 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Job] Squire

Started by Kokojo, November 29, 2009, 01:58:52 pm

Kokojo

November 29, 2009, 01:58:52 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
All comments/Suggestions are welcome.

Male :
Placeholder Sprite : Squire

Female :
Placeholder Sprite : Squire

Squire
Squires are the first type of warriors in a war. They don't have a lot of traning and can lack experience. Their stats are average and they can wield most weapons.

Healed ? : Yes

HP : Medium
MP : Medium
Speed : Normal
Move : 3
Jump : 2
C-ev : 15

Stats level 1 (Approx) : HP/MP/PA/MA/SP

10/6/2/2/10

Stats level 10 (Approx):

20/14/3/3/12

Equips :
Knifes, Sword, Axes, Crossbows, Books
-
Hats
Cloths
Shoes/ArmGuard/Ring/Armlet/Cloak

Skillset:

Open to Suggestions*

Mend :

Description: General medecine that can heal basic wounds.
Range: 1
Effect Area: 0
Vertical: 1
Inflit Status: -
CT: 0
Mp cost: 0
Formula: Heal_(MA*Y)
(y=1)

Rush :

Description: Rush into one body with your own.
Formula: Dmg_(PA*Y)DmgCas(PA*Y/X) NS

Throw Stone :

Description: Hurl a stone to a foe.
Range: 4
Vertical: -
Formula: Dmg_(Rdm(1...Y)*PA) NS

Pump Heart :

Description: Try to ressurect an ally.
Inflit Status: Cancel : Death
Formula:Heal_(Y)% Hit_(PA+X)%

Disturb :

Description: Attemp to disturb an enemy who's casting
Inflit Status: Cancel : Charging
Formula: Hit_(SP+X)%

Medecine :

Description: A little potion that can help to cure common ailments
Inflit Status: Cancel : Darkness, Silence, Oil, Poison, Don't move
CT: 3
Mp cost: 1
Formula: 100%
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Wasabi

November 29, 2009, 06:24:14 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
If there is a healing element involved, "Mend" and "Medicine" can be fused into one ability.

PLob218

This class feels the most polished to me so far. If anything, they're overpowered: They can heal, revive, cure status, Defend, interrupt casting, and attack from range with either crossbows or Throw Stone. And all of those skills (except equipping crossbows) can be carried over to another class by equipping Squire abilities as your secondary skill set. I always have as many Squires in my party as I can equip with crossbows and make the rest of my team Knights with Squire skills. It's worked like a charm so far.

SilvasRuin

Rebooting the jobs or something?  Seems like Squires are getting somewhat standard between all the patches.

"Rush into one body with your own."
"Body check a target."
Body checking is a hockey term for slamming someone into the wall or the ice.  Your wording was a little... awkward.

"Hurl a stone to a foe."
"To" suggests you're giving a stone to them.  "At a foe" would probably work better here.

"Pump Heart"
"Resuscitate"
"CPR"

"Try to ressurect an ally."
"Attempt to revive an ally."
Pump Heart sounds like CPR to me, so I figure CPR would be the more accurate term and Resuscitate would be the more concise term.  Resuscitate would fit as a catch-all term for the revival skill.  CPR would allow a reference to Red Vs. Blue, however, which I cannot help but encourage.  If you choose to go the CPR route, I recommend adding using "Attempt to revive an ally, even from a bullet wound to the head!"
If you prefer to stick with what you've got, then be sure to correct the spelling for resurrect.

Disturb might not be the ideal word choice for that ability, but I'm not sure what the concept is supposed to be.  What exactly do you envision a character doing when using that ability?

"Medecine"
Should be spelled "medicine."