• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:53:24 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Wiki compilation project

Started by VincentCraven, November 12, 2008, 08:56:09 am

VincentCraven

November 12, 2008, 08:56:09 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I had the sudden urge to organize everything on the site into the wiki so that people who are looking for information on what's going on, what has been done, and how to do things  will be able to find the information without having to search through posts and posts of random comments.

I am still going to read through just about everything on the forum, but I'd like to know what projects are being worked on still to for starters.  I know FFTv1.3 is going to get a section, but I'd like to know what other projects are still being worked on and, if you have run into a problem, what problem it is that has prevented you from working on the project.  This way, someone can say, "I wonder if someone is working on a crazy patch that makes no sense" and could go to the wiki and see something like:

Zodiac Crisis is a patch created by Lydyn.  Its theme was to make the gameplay as crazy as possible without removing its strategic elements. This project has been terminated due to a lack of interest. (Obviously more can be written about this with more detailed information).

And so forth.  I don't need this information right away, since there is plenty of other information that needs to be added to the wiki, but finding out and typing about the projects will be the most fun for me, so I wanted to get this part rolling early.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

LastingDawn

November 12, 2008, 03:41:19 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well, Mercenaries is still an ongoing project, just to verify it.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

The Damned

November 12, 2008, 10:47:44 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Despite the fact that I haven't posted my project yet (intentionally), I've currently come to something of stopping point like an hour and half ago in that it seems Chemists can't have their abilities changed from use of Items AT ALL. Even when I though I've had the Item changed to <Default> for the longest time, it doesn't work when I've tried four other Skill Sets that aren't Item (and are naturally default). Whatever I've tried, I just get stuck with the first four moves.

I think LastingDawn already documented this, but I didn't know it was this bad.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you want to use this since it's a tentative project, but if you can do, you put it under the current working of "On the Skulls of Dragons".
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

VincentCraven

November 13, 2008, 07:40:45 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
If I ever catch up with all the work that has been done, then I will put your project under a section called "New Projects" or something. But thank you.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Lydyn

November 13, 2008, 12:46:00 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Heavenly Chaos v0.14 - Author: Lydyn
A nearly completed project that focuses on generic versions of the Holy & Dark Knight now called "Heavenly" & "Chaos" Knights. Several changes to items, monsters, bosses, and current classes also took place. Has Screenshots and uses the old method of patching so there's two new sprites the player has a choice to download and import using CDMage.

Zodiac Crisis - Author: Lydyn
A patch focused on attempts to make it far more crazy, but fun (and playable) version of the original FFT game. Partially finished due to lack of interested in the project, but several changes to items, monsters, and classes still make it playable.

Shuushin - Author: Lydyn
A patch focused on Japanese Themed classes, that is completed up until the Deep Dungeon (all story fights are complete as well as Random encounters and Beowulf's & Cloud's sidequest). This uses a new method of patching using the PPF-O-MATIC program.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Resolution - Author: Lydyn
A collaboration patch that focuses on the goal of making a sequel to the original FFT story-line. Right now, it's in the Alpha stages, but promises some new sprites and class changes as well with story-line goals.