• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:49:15 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

CCP - Discussion Topic

Started by Celdia, June 24, 2011, 02:41:55 pm

CT5Holy

Loremasters are cool. So are Gunslingers. I also like the Ele-absorb movement abilities.

I'm kinda tempted to FFTastic tons of JP for everyone -> experiment -> get an idea of what to use and etc for the CCP AI battles. >_>
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

BizzMar

You could try Pummel a little less often to make great damage. BTW, At Fort Zeakden, at the battle against Algus, Delita still guest. I don't you if you made it like that 'cause you wanted it to be guest, or you skipped it accidentally as is the 1st time I see guests in your patch, but I wanted to tell you in case you didn't know :)

I still thinking your patch is awesome :d
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Always yours,
BizzMar.

BizzMar

And Rad has Ramza's 1st chapter picture Xd
Always yours,
BizzMar.

Celdia

Rad's misplaced portrait is an unfortunate error I haven't looked into fixing yet. Delita being a Guest at Zeakden is intentional though. As has been done in other patches, I was trying to reflect how Delita really isn't under anyone's control at that point, nor if he listening to reason. He only wants to kill Algus. Maybe I'll make him immune to Critical to that battle so he fights to the death instead of ever running away at low HP.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

TigerKnee

Quote from: Celdia on October 04, 2011, 04:30:04 pm
I think that's the first time anyone has said their Brawler was OP. Usually I get complaints that player Brawlers are weak and AI Brawlers are OP which never made a lot of sense to me.

Pummel's still luck-based formula skill, isn't it?

As far as personal experiences go, people always seem to remember when random-damage skills fail for them while simultaneously remembering how many times the AI lucks out and slaughters them in 1 hit.

I think that's the best explanation for it, really.

BizzMar

You could make Delita go berserk :D
Always yours,
BizzMar.

BizzMar

"Save Ovelia" mission at chapter 2 it's impossible :d Demagogues kills Ovelia before I can't even move. Only Delita but he can't kill 3 of them in 1 turn XD
Always yours,
BizzMar.

Stretch

Just keep trying; are you overlevelled? I usually steamroll that battle, what with two swordskill users.
Yeah, right

Kalas

Quote from: CT5Holy on October 05, 2011, 02:48:02 am
Loremasters are cool. So are Gunslingers. I also like the Ele-absorb movement abilities.

I'm kinda tempted to FFTastic tons of JP for everyone -> experiment -> get an idea of what to use and etc for the CCP AI battles. >_>

This is what I did so don't feel bad about it. :)

BizzMar

Quote from: Stretch on October 07, 2011, 10:21:06 pm
Just keep trying; are you overlevelled? I usually steamroll that battle, what with two swordskill users.

I'm less leveled! Enemies are lvl 24~ and my party is like 15 XD but I already finished the battle  changing to faster jobs (:
Always yours,
BizzMar.

Celdia

That's the kind of detail I need to know about. It sounds like something's glitched there because the Demagogues at Zirekile Falls are all set for Party Level +1. Gafgarion is only +2. There shouldn't be a nine level disparity between your party and the enemy. Something is VERY wrong with that. Its possible to come in leveled over Ovelia and Delita though since I left them with preset levels, 9 and 11 respectively.

BizzMar

October 09, 2011, 01:36:11 pm #71 Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:31:15 pm by BizzMar
Celdia: I think the levels are not quite right but not that wrong. I liked the match because it was a challenge. I think you should do 1 of 2 things:

1.- Make AI enemies only 4 or 5 leves higher than party instead of 9 or 10
2.- Change AI enemies a little lower jobs so they don't kill Ovelia that fast XD

Take in mind that Delita had 4th turn and he's got 12 levels less than Gafgarion :) The battle was ok, I enjoyed the battle, but I'm kind of a good tactician, just make it a little bit easier, not much. I've been playing all patch with half level than AI and it's been very easy I must say, with exception of 2 or 3 battles that were a fun challenge :d

I still thinking your patch is sooooo great :D!
Always yours,
BizzMar.

BizzMar

There are a couple of things more, like there was a "Pearl I don't remember what" monster that has an ability with no name and little stuff like that, but nothing that serious :p
Always yours,
BizzMar.

CCM

I'm really enjoying this patch and the weird changes in strategy I have to make for it. One question, though: I can understand the usefulness of Lapidary somewhat, even though they seem to break the ring every single time, but what is the appeal of Tactician? It seems of pretty dubious usefulness, having to spend several turns giving itself a status effect just to use its skills.

CT5Holy

Someone with Tactician's Shoes -> Haste your whole party at fairly high percentages is nice. (granted, I've only used that in one battle so far) Similarly, Transparent + Float (both easy statuses to start out with) -> Slow all the enemies.
They make you jump through some hoops, but they can be useful. There was an item (Phantom Vial or something like that) that gave a bunch of statuses necessary for Tactician skills to work.
They just seem like a fun class to use, at any rate. I definitely plan on experimenting with them some more.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

BizzMar

October 10, 2011, 03:29:41 pm #75 Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:30:31 pm by BizzMar
"Save Ovelia" battle was a joke! This was the real big shit!

All 8 enemies were lvl 29+! xD

Quote from: CT5Holy on October 10, 2011, 10:56:14 am
There was an item (Phantom Vial or something like that) that gave a bunch of statuses necessary for Tactician skills to work.
They just seem like a fun class to use, at any rate. I definitely plan on experimenting with them some more.

Phantom vial still not appear on stores ):
Always yours,
BizzMar.

Celdia

If everyone was 29 or higher that means someone in your party, active or not, was level 28. You'll need to keep your units' levels balanced if you don't want to run into a level difference like that. Though admittedly, Golgorand is one of the hardest fights in CCP...and I made it easier in v1.96x.

BizzMar

October 10, 2011, 05:19:51 pm #77 Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:45:20 pm by BizzMar
Ramza was a couple of levels higher, 26, just because it started with the training somewhat clothes :p

Btw: I always use the lowest levels to battle, so they keep balanced :? That could be a reason why battles are kind of hard, Agroias still lvl 13 :0 But I find it funnier than having only 5 or 6 favorite supr strong characters. It offers better variety on jobs and entertaining battles :D

Btw2: Is there any unique hit-learnable hability like Serpentaurus and Ultima in the original Final Fantasy Tactics? :O+

Another btw: You'll find a very interesting misspelling in Waterflying cloth description :)
Always yours,
BizzMar.

Celdia

The WFC typo was reported already, but thank you all the same. :P

Ultima and Zodiac are both still learn on hit, the first learnable by Ramza and the latter only being learnable by Meliadoul since most of her new skillset is based around learning monster skills.

BizzMar

October 11, 2011, 10:25:32 pm #79 Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:17:16 am by BizzMar
Quote from: BizzMar on October 10, 2011, 05:19:51 pm
Ramza was a couple of levels higher, 26, just because it started with the training somewhat Btw2: Is there any unique hit-learnable hability like Serpentaurus and Ultima in the original Final Fantasy Tactics? :O

Quote from: Celdia on October 11, 2011, 10:12:17 pm
Ultima and Zodiac are both still learn on hit...

Oops, I mean Zodiac xD Hahaha, thanks! :D

-----

There in your Master guide it says Royal tome is obtained by Ovelia. I don't really remember if Ovelia has it or if you can take it 'cause I didn't see Ovelia's equipment there ('cause I didn't noticed there was a Master guide!), but I recently got it from Alma :)

I wanted to ask you: in original Final Fantasy, you used to get a Phoenix down in Deep dungeon when you find an item but you had a high faith and I recently found one at Zeklaus desert? Did I just lost a super nice item? XD
Always yours,
BizzMar.