• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:58:50 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

CCP - Discussion Topic

Started by Celdia, June 24, 2011, 02:41:55 pm

Celdia

Yeah, both Ovelia and Alma currently have the Royal Tome equipped when they show up as guests. Technically Alma having it was an oversight on my part but its not such a powerful item that having two is a problem. I may leave that as-is.

The only thing on the same panel as a P.Down @ Zeklaus Desert is a Gilded Dagger which I think is a fairly low-tier weapon.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Stretch

What's up with Agrias in 1.962? She has ranged weapon only abilities? Or are they for any weapon?
Yeah, right

Celdia

Agrias' abilities haven't changed since like 1.90 except for one addition I think. Stasis Sword, Crush Punch an Holy Explosion are all still sword-only skills. The rest of her skillset are things pulled from the Champion class which don't require any specific weapon equipped. Ice Step is a unique move skill for her and I think that's the only change since 1.90.

I have no idea if this answers your question though.

Stretch

Check this out:

The rom was cleanly patched, but the saves were from another version; but before Agrias officially joins.
Yeah, right

Celdia

Ah, alright. Now I see the problem. That's an oversight on my end. I moved skills around but didn't fix her skillset. Those are some of the new Nomad skills taking up old slots that were on Champion. Forgot to reset her skillset to reflect the changes.

darthbane126

Perhaps you could change the animation of Quadra Slice? It takes awhile to sit through it, especially if a unit dies on the second or third hit :X

Celdia

I'll look into it. I don't even remember which animation I left on that...

darthbane126

October 15, 2011, 05:00:08 pm #87 Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 09:16:15 pm by darthbane126
I think its the Finishing Touch limit from vanilla.

EDIT: Also, Quadra Slam takes awhile to go through as well. Quadra Slam is Blade Beam methinks

BizzMar

October 16, 2011, 01:43:40 pm #88 Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 07:41:40 pm by BizzMar
I think you should rewrite the location for the "how to get" items in your Master guide... :) Many of them are already wrong, like you can find Running shoes and Titan guard on store, Ox pole is not a Porky's poach 'cause I already got like one thousand and there was no Crown of glory as War trophy at Bevernia...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Always yours,
BizzMar.

BizzMar

Always yours,
BizzMar.

Eternal

ENTD is basically the formation for each battle. Where enemies are, what they have equipped, etc.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Stretch

But what does it stand for, I've been wondering. Enemy Now To Die?
Yeah, right

Eternal

I heard a rumor a long time ago it was some theatrical term, though I'd never heard it myself before.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

BizzMar

Quote from: Eternal248 on October 17, 2011, 01:16:42 pm
ENTD is basically the formation for each battle. Where enemies are, what they have equipped, etc.

Thanks Eternal :)
Always yours,
BizzMar.

CCM

Argh, the end of chapter 1 is destroying me. All my clothes-wearing units are stuck with Peasant Frocks, since I don't want to give them Training Vests and have them soar ahead of everyone else in level, causing the enemies to scale equally.

Eternal

Celdie, PLEASE remove Training Vests. I beg of you! ;_;

Stretch

I think Training Vests should have Gained JP Up, and Laborers Clothes should have EXP up. The small HP upgrades and more JP are most important in the early game, and Laborers Clothes can be skipped without too much penalty.
Yeah, right

dis astranagant

Golgorand is getting on my nerves.  Rainbow Armor just came into fashion and thus everything takes days to kill.  Meanwhile, the Demagogues wander up and start spamming sadomasochism and zealotry, pretty much ruining any hope I had of doing anything.

Celdia

Golgorand can be a bit of a pain. Definitely one of the hardest fights in the patch. If you can get access to an Enchanter, I'd recommend the Quiet skill for dealing with the Demagogues. Silence should shut them down instantly. With the guns that become available at Goug, you can do this from 8 panels away meaning you'll never need to get into their AoE to do it.

dis astranagant

I think Agrias is my only possible Enchanter, and I need her damage.  I think part of my problem is that I don't really have a 5th character at the moment since one went nomad and bandit, another rushed Ghaele and immediately regretted it and the last option is Musty being a forgetful asshole after he rejoined (I always forget that).  I haven't been terribly impressed with Ramza in Torero, so maybe I'll just get him Bull Rush and go back to brawling.

My team's level 13-15, maybe if I level a little that damnable Rainbow Mail will go out of style and I can get back to doing some damage.