• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Ultima/Altima sprite playable?

Started by reversebustersword, August 12, 2015, 09:58:57 am

reversebustersword

August 12, 2015, 09:58:57 am Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:54:09 pm by reversebustersword
Hi, how can I make this bmp file into a playable character. Do I need to capture a certain monster? or can I do it with any character?

Kaijyuu

I take it you never beat the game? That's the final boss's first form.

You could change a monster to use that graphic if you wanted, then capture it.
  • Modding version: PSX

Angel

It'll look weird in the formation screen, and not much you can do about that, though. But yes, it is usable.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

gatebuster202

Huh, I wonder, what might it... *Slaps self viciously* Nevermind, the question have me an idea that I really wanted to do, but Waaaaaaay too complicated.
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

reversebustersword

August 12, 2015, 07:53:08 pm #4 Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:27:18 pm by reversebustersword
does it have to be a monster? if so which ones?

I tired replacing normal characters with it and the sprites are bugging out. I also tired Construct 8 and the same result. The file size is ARUTE so is it only compatible with other ARUTE characters?

Angel

There's only one ARUTE and yes, the sprite type and sequence MUST be set to ARUTE. Job cannot be human.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

reversebustersword

August 12, 2015, 09:29:35 pm #6 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:49:05 am by reversebustersword
does the monster's file size have to be as big as or bigger?

I can't seem to be able to fix its buggy sprite. When I use it in battle none of it parts are connected and its going crazy. Has anyone been able to use this sprite properly?

Nevermind. I figured it out. You need to go to Lioneditor and change its 'generic monster' in the character tab to Altima, First Form (41)

theultrawolf

Quote from: gatebuster202 on August 12, 2015, 05:25:27 pm
Huh, I wonder, what might it... *Slaps self viciously* Nevermind, the question have me an idea that I really wanted to do, but Waaaaaaay too complicated.

If you're thinking about adding Altima 1/2 into WLDFACE and UNIT.bin, don't even try. I've tried in the past and what you get is a portion of the sprite which looks like a disembodied ghost flying around in your party roster.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL