• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Dark/Onion Knight nowhere to be seen in FFTEVGRP

Started by reversebustersword, August 03, 2015, 11:46:04 pm

reversebustersword

Hi, is there any program I can use that'll let me edit dark/onion knight's Unit.bin and WLDFACE.bin?

theultrawolf

I'm not usually one to necropost, but for future reference, Dark Knights and Onion Knights' WLDFACE and UNIT are hard-coded into the game along with Luso, Balthier and the rest of the new characters. FFTEVGRP is merely a translated Japanese program, if you really wanted to know the answer to this question you might have to ask them (whoever originally made it). That being said, via Hex edits, if you were to isolate the bytes used to determine which formation sprite was used, you could modify the values to be assigned to another WLDFACE or UNIT, in theory. Look at Cheetah's posts on this thread for more info.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=1495.msg83492#msg83492
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

darkskyx

May 11, 2022, 05:59:04 am #2 Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 10:16:54 am by darkskyx
Quote from: theultrawolf on November 15, 2015, 03:30:07 amI'm not usually one to necropost, but for future reference, Dark Knights and Onion Knights' WLDFACE and UNIT are hard-coded into the game along with Luso, Balthier and the rest of the new characters. FFTEVGRP is merely a translated Japanese program, if you really wanted to know the answer to this question you might have to ask them (whoever originally made it). That being said, via Hex edits, if you were to isolate the bytes used to determine which formation sprite was used, you could modify the values to be assigned to another WLDFACE or UNIT, in theory. Look at Cheetah's posts on this thread for more info.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=1495.msg83492#msg83492

If in theory it's possible, why nobody has done it? Maybe too complicated?
It could be a good way to add even more custom characters.
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825