• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:02:26 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Registration

Started by Barren, June 14, 2013, 07:05:39 am

Barren

The FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 registration is now open! The rules will be just like last season, there will be a winner's and loser's bracket. All the matches will be best 2 out of 3 except for the championship match which will be 3 out of 5.

The hosts so far are myself, CT5Holy, and Dokurider with Gaignun helping with the tournament brackets. We may need one more volunteer so that way we can get help for both brackets.

As far as teams, for those who are submitting their teams for the tournament shall PM me your team and I will check to see if they are legal.

For those that don't know the rules are as follows:

RULES:
Teams will consist of 4 generic humans at Level 35, controlled by enemy AI routines.

Fury and Faith range is between 40 and 70. There is no minimum or maximum for Team Fury/Faith

Each unit has 3000 JP to spend on various abilities. It costs 250 JP to unlock ANY job.(includes Squire/Chemist) For example, to unlock Ninja, you only have to spend 250 JP(the 250 JP is lost forever). You do not need to unlock Squire/Knight/etc to unlock Ninja.

Only two units can buy any individual ability. Innates do not count towards this. (i.e. four units could have the Punch Art skillset, but only two could have purchased Earth Slash; conversely, you can have two Chemists and a Knight with Throw Item)

Only two units can equip any individual item.

Player: Reks
Team: Severe Weather Alert
Palettes: Black/Yellow

================================

Blizzard
Male
Virgo
Archer
Punch Art
HP Restore
Overwhelm
Move-HP Up
Blast Gun
Kaiser Plate
Black Hood
Rubber Costume
Chantage

Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive

Hailstorm
Male
Virgo
Archer
Item
Auto Potion
Throw Item
Jump+2
Blast Gun
Kaiser Plate
Thief Hat
Rubber Costume
Chantage

Hawk's Eye, Head Break, Armor Break
Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Raine
Female
Capricorn
Priest
Black Magic
Counter Magic
Magic Attack UP
Move-MP Up
Mace of Zeus

Golden Hairpin
Chameleon Robe
Defense Ring

Raise 2, Esuna, Dia
Nether Bolt, Bolt 2, Water 2

Hurricane
Female
Capricorn
Scholar
Summon Magic
Counter Magic
Magic Attack UP
Move-MP Up
Mace of Zeus

Golden Hairpin
Chameleon Robe
Defense Ring

Maelstrom, Thunder Flare, Bio
Ramuh, Fairy

The deadline will be July 1, 2013 at midnight EST. So everyone has enough time to register for this tournament. If you have any questions please feel free to post here and someone here will be more than happy to help you. Thank you and good luck to you all!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

June 14, 2013, 07:06:12 am #1 Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 07:19:31 am by Barren
Players registered

Reks
Barren
TrueLight
Otabo
Zareb
reinoe
DarkxFatal
Wiz
Dol
Avalanche
Jumza
CT5Holy
Eternal
The Damned
Vigilanti
DomieV
Angelus
the frisky dingo
Shadowstrike
Dragonblade
Ahong
Skiploom188
Malroth
LightningHax
Gaignun
iamBQB
Garland
Andante49
Torgo
Fanatic
woodenbandman
EmmaNigma
TheJonin
JamesOnyx

34 registered players

reinoe

There are some general map questions I'd like to ask.

Map 000, even though it's only been tested once, the map appears usable albeit dark.  Is there a way to lighten the map to make it visible?

Map 41 (Besrodio's House) still has that Dimensional warp device in place.  Is there a way to get it removed for the tournament, or is that just going to be part of the challenge?

What are the currently banned maps?

My dreams can come true!

Barren

I'm not sure how to edit maps to be honest, I'll ask someone this weekend on the subject.

As far as banned maps, for the most part it's usually been maps NOGIAS, END, and I think Besrodio's House (unless the warp device does get removed). It can stay if you want it to be part of the challenge, depends on what everyone else says

Dol

I'm in for a team.  Like always, I'll vote for Zirkilie Falls and the Hospital to be banned.

Jumza

• Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

CT5Holy

June 14, 2013, 01:22:35 pm #7 Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:04:45 pm by CT5Holy
Well, I think people agreed on the map pool for Arena S1, and Gaignun is going to be assigning the maps, so I think the map pool will be the same as last time?

EDIT: I'm in, obviously, just don't have a team ready yet =P
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dokurider

Map 000 should be banned because it's impossible to make out the action.
Church Outside of Town should be banned because AoE magic is overpowered on it because how clustered everyone is on it.
Oh and I'm in.

Zareb

Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

reinoe

This is could be "HyperFabulous" last chance to redeem themselves.
My dreams can come true!

Gaignun

If memory serves me right, there are a few maps I left out last season that people want back in.  I'll add them if I can find their names.

Also, how do we want map sizes ordered?  We usually go small-large-medium, but since most matches are decided after two rounds, we hardly ever get to see the medium maps.  Should we try small-medium-large this time around?

Barren

I don't think many would mind really. It is a new map order we haven't tried yet

Dokurider

If we did Small/Medium/Large, teams that rely on big maps will get screwed over and vice versa. If you wanted variety, I suppose Medium/Medium/Medium would be sound on paper.

Avalanche

I hate small maps. i think the advantage teams have on this maps is based on the lack of team-composition skills.

The Damned

June 16, 2013, 02:46:51 am #16 Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:35:27 am by The Damned
(Yeah, I'd more prefer we just do Medium-Medium-Medium like Dokurider said if the lack of seeing Medium maps is somehow a "problem". Otherwise I see no reasonable argument for changing to Small-Medium-Large given physical teams are already heavily advantage in that format, even before Quickening being allowed in this tournament.)

I suppose I'm in as a contestant. I'll probably do something elemental-based given all the discussion going on the Balance thread about that and actually "try" this time unlike the last tournament where I just half-assed designs even more than usual.

I'd also potentially be in to try to help, but I never got a reply about whether you need hosts who are willing to lend their voices in addition to recording or just need hosts who can record, Barren. That's rather important to know (for me) since if it's the former, then...yeah, I'm not doing that even though I'd like to help.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dokurider

Quote from: Avalanche on June 16, 2013, 02:38:48 am
I hate small maps. i think the advantage teams have on this maps is based on the lack of team-composition skills.

Funny, I can say the same for large maps.

Avalanche

QuoteFunny, I can say the same for large maps.

Well when composing a Team you have to make sure every turn counts. Thats not hard when you opponend is just one move away.

Dokurider

Quote from: Avalanche on June 16, 2013, 05:40:03 am
Well when composing a Team you have to make sure every turn counts. Thats not hard when you opponend is just one move away.

It's also pretty easy to buff yourself up uninterrupted when your enemy is a map away. Or ready Lore/Dance spam.