• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Testing characters.

Started by C1REX, June 02, 2017, 01:09:01 pm

C1REX

Hi,

I'm working on a very simple vanilla mod. I would like to test jobs with various skills but have some trouble.

I managed to add guest zodiac monster from dd who join my party no problem. Super cool.
I however have some serious problems to add Mustadio or anybody with working snipe skills.

How to create a good testing ground for all special jobs at the beginning of the game? Is it possible to chave special jobs like Mustadio earlier just for testing?

Cheers,
Kris
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nyzer

QuoteI managed to add guest zodiac monster from dd who join my party no problem. Super cool.
I however have some serious problems to add Mustadio or anybody with working snipe skills.

The process for adding any other joining guests should be basically the same as what you managed there. Stick them in the ENTD for whatever fight you're recruiting them in for your test purposes, flag them to join after event. You're going to have to elaborate on what kinds of problems you're having and what you're doing differently.

C1REX

When Mustadio is a guest he simply not giving me an option to join.
When I use a different sprite then they do give me option to join but change snipe for a different skillset.
I often get a bug and all guest look like Ramza.

I will try to post screenshot with my problems later today

Nyzer

QuoteWhen Mustadio is a guest he simply not giving me an option to join.

Are you using a unique Unit ID for his character in that event? What event are you making him appear in?

QuoteWhen I use a different sprite then they do give me option to join but change snipe for a different skillset.

The skillset they come with is tied to their Job, and their Job will also be tied to their sprite.

QuoteI often get a bug and all guest look like Ramza.

Most of them will do that in the Formation menus since the Formation sprite is different from the normal one, the number of Formation sprites is much smaller than the number of battle sprites, and very few non-joining units are tied to one at all.

If this is happening in battle, I dunno, you might be going over the limit of 9 unique sprites on screen at once.

I think you need to go read up on some of the Tutorials; it sounds like you're making some fairly basic amateur mistakes.

C1REX

Got it :)
The easiest way was to copy the correct entry from the right event. There is more than 1 Mustadio or Agrias so I just find the one that already has "join after event" ticked and copy/paste where I want.

New problem - Mustadio and Beawulf join as guests  :roll:
Is it a wrong ID or there is no way to play them early in the game?