• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:48:43 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Valk's Projects: 2021 update (Trance) Terra, Fran, Main Vagrant Story cast +more

Started by Valkirst, May 23, 2014, 03:27:56 pm

Valkirst

I meant to put this here about 2 weeks ago, but I've just been lazy. I think it's mostly done and should really get back to working on Fran.
  • Modding version: PSX
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

Foreclosure

Awesome. Please finish Freya too someday, will you, sir? hehehe
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Valkirst

So I got a little bored, but Fran is coming out really well and I did these just for funsies.
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

Wow, there is not a lot happening in this part of the forum. Either way, here's the new update. :mrgreen:
Completed Sprites

CONMAN

Satchmo III

Fran looks great, I really like the hair. It's awesome how much detail you're able to coax out of those limited pixels. The feet on Sydney look better and those other two characters are good representations of your source materia (I decided to keep this typo, seems like final fantasy source material should be called source materia).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Valkirst

Thanks Con, and yeah lol Satchmo, maybe I'll use that too!
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

This is what happens when you throw pallete colors around and mix pixels willy nilly... sigh...  :shock:
Completed Sprites

3lric

Valkirst

Haha, true true. :D

aaaannnd here is the exhibit. Those familiar with Vagrant Story the second palette is based on the true antagonist from Vagrant Story, Romeo Guildenstern and the third is just a zombie form. I will post the final version of the sprite sheet on the first page tomorrow.
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

Started work on my next sprite. Romeo Guildenstern from Vagrant Story. Just happens that there are a lot of similarities with Sydney!  :mrgreen:
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

I am still working on Fran, I probably only need about 6 or 7 more frames to finish her hair, and since it is so complicated, what I have pictured in my head I need to let it gestate for a little while.

Here are some things that I'm thinking about as well here is a new version of Romeo and here is a classic Balthier without the ridiculous popped collar. I am also trying to break the bunny pixel code to see if I can change some characters into Viera's.
Completed Sprites

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Blunderpusse

Sending virtual hugs for excellent work so far. \(º3º)/
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
"You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!"

Valkirst

*Boop*
Working on the portrait for Romeo Guildenstern
Special thanks goes to Twinees and his portait guide! ::mrgreen::
Completed Sprites

Twinees

Glad it helped you, good luck with Fran and Guildenstern :)

Valkirst

Sorry I haven't been around for a month, But here some stuff I've been working on. I really should stop procrastinating on Fran! lol I am modifying the Ashley by Stewelment on the site. The chest I think I can make it look better and as for the woman that is Merlose from the game. I'm also updating the portrait for Ashley.
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

Just wanted to post my portrait evolution for Romeo. As you can see I already updated it from the last post...
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

Aaaaalllmost done. Need to check and reposition some of the lower bottom arm gestures and hair pixel positions.
Completed Sprites

azavier