• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:46:08 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Does order of patching matter (FFTactext and FFTPatcher)

Started by R999, February 20, 2010, 02:28:32 am

R999

I am currently having some issues with FFTactext failing to patch (looks like it's going into an infinite loop... in the progress window).

I tested a simple change on a clean ISO and there was no problem. Patching once again using FFTactext also have no issues on this patched ISO. Which leads me to think that perhaps there was something in conflict with the FFTPatcher patched ISO. But is this really the culprit? (In other words, do I always have to patch FFTactext first before applying a FFPatcher patch?). This might have something to do with the fact that I am trying to apply a text patch onto the 1.3 ISO, which has modified Assembly code, right?

I would really appreciate it if someone can kindly explain how the workflow is like to be able to do something like this. I apologize if this has been answered before... thanks in advance.

edit: Ok I seem to have gotten past this issue by extracting a new fftext off of another ISO. Weird problem. I still can't get the other one to work.