• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:49:37 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Journey of the Five Battle Logs

Started by Jumza, March 29, 2013, 01:16:44 pm

Xujints

February 15, 2016, 09:55:06 pm #280 Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 06:57:11 am by Toshiko
Ummm... I'm scared now... Elric, I think I broke your game.  :shock:

(See the pictures for the reason why, they are screen shots of what the heck just happened during a battle.)

Angel

Please, for the love of god, do not upload screenshots that huge. Please keep it to 640x480 or thereabouts. Our server space for hosted files is finite, and if an image scrolls off the side of my laptop's display, it is definitely too big.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

DaHammerCrush

So your using Assassinate with a bow equipped. Mechanics seem fine to me. not sure what you're inferring is "Broken".

3lric

Because Cloud is standing outside the map. He really should've specified what the actual issue was lol.

Xujints

Sorry about the size of the images. I don't really know why they are so large when the cap was small... It's strange. Also, I'm sorry for not being specific. Normally i am, but I was freaked out by it. I even took caps of what happened when Cloud's turn rolled around. The game even acknowledged that it was wrong.

Edit: And thanks for the warning about the picture size. I'll be sure to edit their sizes from now on.

Jumza

So what happened leading up to this bug?
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xujints

Well, most of the enemies where just out of range to be hit by any of my shots and I felt like doing a little JP farming while I wait, so I targeted Cloud (He was standing right where the marker is on the 4th pic) with Dante's trick shot and the bow had a random Crit. But it wasn't a normal Crit... It was one of those ones that has knock back as well, and Cloud unfortunately had his back to the 'wall', so when he was hit back, I guess he simply clipped through and fell to 0h.

When I posted it yesterday, I was flipping out and couldn't think straight, but now that I look back on it, I think it was hilarious.

reihunter

October 10, 2016, 12:12:20 pm #287 Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:00:15 pm by reihunter
Is Sword Spirit supposed to damage the user?

I was using Cloud as Samurai and he used Sword Spirit - Asura.

Somehow he ended up being damaged by it and getting Oiled.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nyzer

Good question. That predated me, so I have absolutely no idea! I'd say probably not though.

I'll get back to you on that one.

reihunter

its not just Sword Spirit, summons also damage allied units. and the summoner too (Except for Ifrit, which is weird, but delas damage to your allied units as well)

Is this a bug or actually something the devs wanted to do? Cuz, forget wave clearing, if you can't AoE things to death.

Nyzer

I'm pretty certain that Draw Out and Summon hitting allies were intended changes.

Draw Out hitting the user, however? Looking at a vanilla ISO in the Patcher, it's got "Hit Caster" checked, but doesn't have "Hit Allies" - which seems to negate "Hit Caster". Most likely, when it was first set up for Jot5, "Hit Allies" was checked, and the fact that "Hit Caster" was checked by default ended up overlooked. And since Samurai's pretty deep in for Chapter 1, I guess no one really noticed before!

reihunter

considering asura (the weapon) is quite useful in dealing double damage, its great.

But yeah, that self infliction is kinda damping on Samurai's usefulness for AoE.

Beat Ganondork though. Guess i'll experiment around with a presave i made (Maybe try and farm a Dragon since those things are meat tanks, managed to snag a Greater Molboro, he stunned Ganondork with lots of debuffs.)

Nyzer

Here's a little update on that for you.

We all agree that summons no longer differentiating between friend and foe isn't ideal. It makes them too identical to Wizard/Priest magic, and too dissimilar from standard Summon magic! You'll see some changes to that in the re-release. We already sort of knew about that one, but ended up talking it over after the topic of Draw Out came up.

Draw Out is very definitely NOT supposed to harm the user. Heal, yes. But not harm. As to whether it should hit allies, well, we're milling that one over. But expect Draw Out to be fixed for the rerelease as well, one way or the other!

reihunter

hopefully Draw Out doesnt affect allies, because for one thing, those things can have massive range the lower you go the list of Draw Outs.

Though, casting Protect on enemies is kinda iffy.

Calculator would've been nice for just protecting your units alone, but Redguard is nice. (Agrias + Reguard == kills like no tommorow and AI usually buffs the team.)

Nyzer

Well, no. The only ones that have a longer reach than Asura would be the Linear or 3-Directional attacks, which are much easier to aim - you can use them with flanking or even adjacent allies, with little harm done.

Anyway, we've more or less decided how we want to approach Draw Out. I won't give it all away, but expect it to be much less gimmicky in the rerelease! Of course, the self damaging part has definitely gotten the axe. That was a mistake from the start, as far as I can tell. It makes Draw Out practically unusable anyway IMO.

Panda_Tar

Tried to level up a bit ... but ... any suggestions when not having a very evolved team and you need to beat down 6 angry tortoises?
Always interpreting the foul side of things makes you fouler still.

Guru

Well.... depends.

Underleveled, avoid the tortoises and hopefully you saved before the battle.

Otherwise a small hint
The tortoises use mostly earth(?) ground based attacks

Panda_Tar

Warning cures Berserker. Is that supposed to happen? If it is, will it cure any mind-affecting ailment then?

Beastmaster's Support ability has no description. What does it do?
Always interpreting the foul side of things makes you fouler still.