• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:11:13 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Xif's Fixes (ASM Hacks & Spreadsheets)

Started by Xifanie, September 12, 2008, 10:50:17 pm

Xifanie

That's because you can't increase it; it's a VRAM limitation.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

RandMuadDib

i was under the impression that the point of that hack was so you could have more than 4 enemy sprites in a battle, knowing that you'd have to limit the number of ally spites, since the hardware/emulator limitation is 9
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Xifanie

Yes, it was a hack designed specifically for Mercenaries since LD wasn't ever going to have over 3 or 4 ally sprites per random battle.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Sterling LaVaughn

The "Blank Support ability over Short Charge adds 25% bonus skill hit" hack seems to mess up Golem's success rate, making it something like Hit = [Faith * 1.3]%. I just changed the formula to be MA+X% since I'm okay with it always being 100%, but might as well mention it for anyone else.

Austin

Alright so I'm using the "Stat gain/break cap + Maintenance prevents stat break" hack right now and so far it's working really great, but it looks like it causes a glitch where if you check a person's status in battle, their weapon evade on their left hand will say some off the wall number like 99% usually. Don't know what causes it beyond it seeming to happen after a few turns of fighting. I'm fairly certain that it doesn't affect anything beyond the number being off on the status screen so it isn't a big deal at all, but I figured I'd put it up here. Can someone else verify this happening?

As far as adding stuff, I wanted to see if it were possible to make it so that maintenance can block the magic break ability too, and/or make it so that the game gives you a 0% chance of landing stat increases/decreases when the cap is reached or when someone has maintenance on since it still looks like they work though they actually don't. I imagine the last one was a pain in the ass to get working so that's why it wasn't done in the first place.

And I couldn't find anything, but has anyone found a way to give hp/mp absorb moves like life drain and spell absorb an element so zodiacs can block them or give katanas a pa*wp formula so they can work with poaching?

Thanks again for coming up with all this stuff.  :P

Pride

Quotegive katanas a pa*wp formula so they can work with poaching?

There's a hack for PA * WP katanas already... But it shouldn't interfere with poaching since poaching checks what formula you are using (it checks for formula 1) then branches other formulas that are not using it. FDC has a weapon hack asm that you can find in the important links thread for it.

QuoteAnd I couldn't find anything, but has anyone found a way to give hp/mp absorb moves like life drain and spell absorb an element so zodiacs can block them

Its already known how to do but it just depends on how lazy the hackers are to do it, its also annoying since you'd have to jump into the kanji space to properly do it.

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Austin

Ah cool, totally missed that one. And yeah I had the formulas for my katanas swapped in fftpatcher to some pa*wp+y formula since I didn't know about that asm, didn't mean to make it sound like one of the hacks messed it up or something.

Quote from: Pride on February 02, 2012, 09:09:46 pm
Its already known how to do but it just depends on how lazy the hackers are to do it, its also annoying since you'd have to jump into the kanji space to properly do it.

Ah, well at least it's possible. I hope somebody can find the time to do it one of these days. Thanks for the help dude.

Pride

Ahhhhh you were using formula 2D, I see, I see.

I did something slightly different with the Demi, Life Drain, etc. formulas and made units with the ??? flag immune to the attacks rather then elemental.

Austin

February 02, 2012, 11:49:25 pm #388 Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:43:21 am by Austin
Whoa, how'd you do that? I actually like that solution a lot better than just sticking dark elemental on everything.

And I know now why I "missed" that weapon hack asm thread, I probably saw it before and didn't have a clue what I was looking at and I still don't lol. It looks like I need to replace some values in that "revised hex" spoiler near the bottom, but I don't know what to put where. And it also looks like it might overwrite the other asm weapon changes I've made too? If so then I'm trying to get katanas and knight swords to just be pa*wp. I swapped the axe and flail formulas with the (rdm{0...pa-1}+pa*wp) hack on the 1st page of this topic but it looks like using the weapon hack asm automatically changes them to RN{1+[PA/2], PA+[PA/2]}? If so then I'm totally cool with that. Anyways, could you or somebody else give me a hand with this?

Pride

Austin

February 03, 2012, 10:16:31 am #390 Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:16:43 pm by Austin
Just what I needed, thanks man. So... about that making ??? monsters immune to attacks thing. Is that something I could manage to do?

Edit: Just noticed a more serious bug with the stat gain/break cap hack. If you use a brave increasing/decreasing skill (and it's probably the same for faith) on someone their max hp will glitch out and decrease from the few times I tried it. So they can start with 150/300 and get hit with the skill and have 150/30 or something. Screws things up pretty bad obviously, took me forever to notice since I removed permanent brave/faith alteration from my game and don't use the respective skills very often now.

Xifanie

Smart Encounters
This hack allows you to travel on the map, completely free of encounter.
If you wish to battle at a certain location, select the given location, and your random battle is guaranteed there.

Examples:
Igros Castle > Araguay woods
You will walk all the way to Araguay woods without encounters, and trigger one at Araguay

Mandalia Plains > Limberry Castle
Since it is a town, you won't trigger any encounter at all

Angel

* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Eternal

I approve of this hack oh so very much. Thanks a ton!~
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

NinjaWeazel

Oh my god Xif this is amazing.  SO amazing I am ACTUALLY POSTING ON THE FORUMS to tell you how amazing.

Pride

Elric

Zaen

This is so amazing that I'm posting for the first time in months.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Jumza

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.