French Maid
Xifanie (Webmistress) [Posts: 4235]
  • View Profile
  • Final Fantasy Hacktics
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xifanie
  • [November 23, 2015, 05:16:44 AM]
Re: The little asm hacking reference
« Reply #440 on: November 23, 2015, 05:16:44 AM »
~ Jumza's request ~ (I'm such a nice xifi)

Can view ??? units' stats
Allows viewing the stats of ??? units. Sadly, as the Unit List does not have a function to hide stats like the battle field does, you should not apply the Unit List portion of this hack if you want stats to remain completely hidden to the player. This means the ??? unit will not show up at all in the Unit List, just like in the original version. By default, this xml disables all stats hiding, so edit it as you see fit (there are plenty of comments).

• Modding version: PSX
  • <R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
    <Raijinili> remember that? it was awful
    Event Kid, Mr. Peanut
    Jumza [Posts: 1515]
    • View Profile
    • [November 23, 2015, 06:34:03 PM]
    « Reply #441 on: November 23, 2015, 06:34:03 PM »
    That was so fast! Thanks Xif, you're the best! Really!

• Check out my project ~ FFT: A Stone's Ripple : http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10857.0
    The demo was just released! Come check it out!
    Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
    Icy Empress
    theultrawolf [Posts: 192]
    • View Profile
    • [November 24, 2015, 02:00:52 AM]
    « Reply #442 on: November 24, 2015, 02:00:52 AM »
    Shield Bash formula? Is it possible?
    Like, requires shield, gives 100% knockback, and can inflict status (remove charging/performing)

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Am I the ONLY one to think a Ramza + Agrias ship would have made the game much better?
    Event Kid, Mr. Peanut
    Jumza [Posts: 1515]
    • View Profile
    • [November 24, 2015, 06:25:28 PM]
    « Reply #443 on: November 24, 2015, 06:25:28 PM »
    Here's what I did (while I still had it in my mod. I decided to remove it though), the ability requirement hack can be made to require a shield, then place the ability over Dash and boom, done.

Edit: Also I used the ASM hack to increase Throw Stone and Dash (now Rush Attack, for me) knockback to 100%

• Check out my project ~ FFT: A Stone's Ripple : http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10857.0
    The demo was just released! Come check it out!
    Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
    French Maid
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Hacktics
    • [November 25, 2015, 07:15:32 AM]
    « Reply #444 on: November 25, 2015, 07:15:32 AM »
    ~ Lockeadon's request/Non-existing? JotF hack ~ (I don't know, I can't find it in JotF's files, and there was definitely 100% chance in the last official release... just remade it I guess [I didn't make the original, this is from scratch and I bet more flexible])

Undead Revival Chance
    Chance that undead units will revive once their death counter reaches 0 and 100CT. The chance formula is: (X - 32768) / 32767; meaning that the range is from 0x0000 (0 or 0%) down to 0x8000 (-32768 or 100%). In vanilla, the undead have 50% chance to revive. This hack's default value is 100% revival rate.

Examples:
    0% revive: 0000
    5% revive: F999
    10% revive: F333
    25% revive: E000
    33.3% revive: D555
    50% revive: C000
    75% revive: A000
    100% revive: 8000

EDIT: Turns out JotF was using a peculiar hack... that has its uses (it forces something to happen, otherwise treasure/crystal immunity when the game tries to get rid of a unit just skips the turn), but basically requires crystal+treasure immunity on a unit to have 100% revival chance.
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 07:41:55 AM by Xifanie »
    French Maid
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Hacktics
    • [May 23, 2016, 03:27:28 PM]
    Re: Xif's Fixes (ASM Hacks & Spreadsheets)
    « Reply #445 on: May 23, 2016, 03:27:28 PM »
    Since Elric was nice enough to reorganize my topic, and also add some hacks I made for JotF, here they are, just so you know which they are. Enjoy!
    You can find those hacks in the first post in Xifanie.xml.

Equip Change Fix
    Allows changing your Right Hand/Left Hand equipments without consuming your Act.

Formula 59 becomes Phoenix
    Applies Heal_(Y)% Hit_F(MA+X)% NE to downed allies within effected area while still applying Dmg_F(MA*Z) ME NS to enemies within the same area.

Incremental Jump Range
    Instead of choosing the highest value of the learned jump ability for the horizontal/vertical ranges, instead they are added all together,
    meaning no one skill is ever going to be useless; it will always count towards your total horizontal/vertical range.
    You could have Horizontal +2, Horizontal +1, Horizontal + 1, together would be the equivalent of Horizontal +4.

Propositions Hack 2.1
    Proposition Hack v2 with Gil Cost and the ability to abandon marks. By Xifanie (a bit of help from Pride's original hack)

Rumors use proposition space
    Rumors use proposition completion notes slots based on town ID

Wark!
    Boco [Posts: 46]
    • View Profile
    • [May 26, 2016, 09:36:01 PM]
    « Reply #446 on: May 26, 2016, 09:36:01 PM »
    Thank you so much for Smart Encounters! Using it in my current personal patch, works perfectly!
    French Maid
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Hacktics
    • [May 26, 2016, 11:54:17 PM]
    « Reply #447 on: May 26, 2016, 11:54:17 PM »
    I'm always happy to see my hacks get some use. And I absolutely know the frustrations of that 30% encounter rate, that always triggers when you don't want it to, and never does when you want it to.

Wark!
    • View Profile
    • [May 27, 2016, 06:25:47 AM]
    « Reply #448 on: May 27, 2016, 06:25:47 AM »
    I'm amazed at your level of intelligence. As for me, aside from mowing my lawn, I spent my whole weekend bumblefucking through ALREADY MADE EASY TO USE TOOLS to click a few checkboxes and my damn head is about to explode :lol: I feel like a caveman here, well most places actually :lol:
    Cerabow [Posts: 3]
    • View Profile
    • [May 29, 2016, 05:09:29 PM]
    « Reply #449 on: May 29, 2016, 05:09:29 PM »
    Thanks again for helping me find the smart encounters hack / making all the wonderful tools and hacks that you do and much thanks to Elric for cleaning up the thread.

*goes back to digging into ASM while following tutorials*

--
    Robert'); DROP TABLE Students;--
    French Maid
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Hacktics
    • [May 29, 2016, 09:52:39 PM]
    « Reply #450 on: May 29, 2016, 09:52:39 PM »
    I'm amazed at your level of intelligence. As for me, aside from mowing my lawn, I spent my whole weekend bumblefucking through ALREADY MADE EASY TO USE TOOLS to click a few checkboxes and my damn head is about to explode :lol: I feel like a caveman here, well most places actually :lol:
    Hey don't feel bad. I'll definitely take the compliment; but smarts ain't everything. I can't exactly get a job, so I don't have that going for me. If you do, well, I'm already envious.

Thanks again for helping me find the smart encounters hack / making all the wonderful tools and hacks that you do and much thanks to Elric for cleaning up the thread.
    He really did a great job. I really couldn't have blamed anyone's googling skills, because my hacks were just all over the place and even I had some trouble finding them sometimes.

Wark!
    • View Profile
    • [May 30, 2016, 05:48:20 AM]
    « Reply #451 on: May 30, 2016, 05:48:20 AM »
    Jumping back on to say Cross skip saved at least 4 minutes of my life already, probably going to save a whole bunch more! Makes playtesting less tedious.
    French Maid
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Hacktics
    • [May 30, 2016, 12:28:24 PM]
    « Reply #452 on: May 30, 2016, 12:28:24 PM »
    I'm pretty proud of that one, it works flawlessly except for about 3 events in vanilla. All that happens is that the game is "paused" and you need to release Cross and press it again. It always catches me off guard. I always hated pointlessly button mashing though, and this was also to help me through real console testing.

I wish I could say my Frameskipper is as stable, but unfortunately, while I haven't had any issues in vanilla with it, it makes JotF freeze very early (even when the frameskipping function is not activated). I'm really going to have to go back on this one eventually, but I'm just drowning in FFT hacking work lol.

The Puppet ---Master---
    Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 3820]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
    • [June 12, 2016, 09:06:05 PM]
    « Reply #453 on: June 12, 2016, 09:06:05 PM »
    Updated to fix an issue in the Proposition Hack Tutorial.

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    Wark!
    • View Profile
    • [September 09, 2016, 05:51:11 PM]
    « Reply #454 on: September 09, 2016, 05:51:11 PM »
    I don't want to necro bump but I just had to say I'm going to be trying out your spreadsheets, specifically the Guests in Random Battles and the Soldier Office Upgrade. I've browsed through them and they are masterfully crafted, you've made it as easy as possible. I'm not even into serious modding, your hacks just make the game so much better anyway.

Just like to say that if anyone was ever intimidated by using any spreadsheets, they're really easy. Just open them up with excel, make your changes where you want, go to the XML tab to copy it all, paste into a Notepad file and save as a .xml. If there are multiple patches and you copy just one, don't forget to also copy the /patches at the end.

I first started using spreadsheets when I noticed the in-battle sprites for weapons and shields in the vanilla game were wrong. Try it yourself, go into battle and block with a Mythril Shield and you'll see it isn't the same color or shape as the inventory sprite. :lol:
    Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]