• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Xif's Fixes (ASM Hacks & Spreadsheets)

Started by Xifanie, September 12, 2008, 10:50:17 pm

Zozma

October 04, 2008, 01:17:31 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
aww, well thanks for giving it a try :D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Xifanie

October 04, 2008, 05:54:12 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
+ PA*WP Knight Swords (for Arch, since 2D KS prevent poaching and maybe other bugs as well)
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Xifanie

October 04, 2008, 06:41:44 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
+ Weapon Guard innate all

I know a lot of people wanted this, but I completely forgot about it until today lol.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Archael

October 04, 2008, 08:26:04 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
change the title of this thread..

this isn't "little"

and it's more than a "reference"

these are major finds here

NAO BITCH

DarthPaul

October 04, 2008, 09:55:56 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
word yo
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Xifanie

October 04, 2008, 11:53:01 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
+ Global C-Ev. (100% front, 50% sides, 25% back)

And nooo Arch, aren't you gone yet? LD still has no forum section, why don't you gtfo?

Xifanie

October 05, 2008, 01:16:53 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
+ Fixed C-Ev. (it was fucking up all status animations)

The Damned

October 10, 2008, 07:02:10 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "Zodiac"+ Weapon Guard innate all

I know a lot of people wanted this, but I completely forgot about it until today lol.

I'm curious. I know this is a completely passive Reaction ability, like Abandon, but wouldn't this technically screw with other Reaction abilities if implimented and disable Reaction abilities for everyone except Monks/people that use their fists?

Regardless, great job on all this.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Xifanie

October 10, 2008, 07:25:43 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
No chance, the evasion of weapon is calculated regardless of the existence of the weapon guard ability. It's simply calculated as any other evade (like shield  or mantle evasion).

The Weapon Guard ability becomes completely useless though.

The Damned

October 10, 2008, 11:12:38 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "Zodiac"No chance, the evasion of weapon is calculated regardless of the existence of the weapon guard ability. It's simply calculated as any other evade (like shield  or mantle evasion).

The Weapon Guard ability becomes completely useless though.

That's most excellent then.

If that's the case, I'm curious then, though I'm sure you're busy with other things, I must ask if it also possible to make certain suppportive abilities Innate for everyone, like Defend or Equip Change?
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Skip Sandwich

October 15, 2008, 11:38:43 am #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I too would like to see global innate Equip Change and Defend, as they're both useful abilities, but not worth spending an ability slot on, since in the early game you don't have good enough equipment to really benifit and mid to late game you have much better ability options like Attack Up and Short Charge. Of course, as things stand, there's nothing stopping us from just adding them as class innates via FFTPatcher, so there's really no rush.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Xifanie

October 15, 2008, 11:56:11 am #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I'd like to see Defend on monsters too.

I don't know if I'll feel like doing that today though, the Event Editor requires a lot of time.

BeoulveBlack

October 16, 2008, 10:54:27 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BeoulveBlack
@ The Damned
you could just use the patcher to set it as innate to everything (it'd save Zodiac some time), or maybe that doesn't work...i think it does...

@ Zodiac
here's my request. you know how knives and kunai have that (PA + Sp)/2 * WP formula? is there any way to set that to another weapon, say, katanas? and the (MA*WP) formula for sticks, since it would make more sense this way, can we switch it with that of the books (MA + PA)/2 * WP?

EDIT: i second the changing of this post's name from 'little' to something more fitting...

Vanya

October 16, 2008, 10:59:42 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
There are lots of logical weapon formula changes I'd like to see, too. =)
¯\(°_0)/¯

Skip Sandwich

October 17, 2008, 02:41:20 am #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
books and instuments should both be MA * WP intstead of being partially reliant on PA
staves, rods, and sticks should go with (PA +MA)/2 * WP
Crossbows should be SP * WP (no more, "I do more damage because i can pull the trigger REALLY  HARD")
Katana should also use the (PA + MA)/2 * WP formula, since samurai are essentially a type of warrior mage class
the NEW random damage formula zodiac already did is awesome, so no further changes there
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."

DarthPaul

October 17, 2008, 10:21:06 am #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
but i can pull the trigger very hard
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

BeoulveBlack

October 17, 2008, 10:49:36 am #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BeoulveBlack
crossbows should have the same formula as guns.

katanas should have the same formula as the kunai, while daggers should be the only Sp*WP formula using weapons (except for throwing items of course)

Skip Sandwich

October 17, 2008, 11:41:54 am #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
The katana is the weapon of the samurai, as a class that relies on both PA and MA, it makes the most sense (at least, to me) that thier iconic weapon share that same trait (it also means that the same equipment that buffs draw out damage will buff katana attack damage as well).

I personally lean towards guns also using the SP * WP formula, but then, I tend to replace most of the crossbows with guns in my personal patches. I also have a soft split between handguns and rifles (meaning that they remain the same weapon class, so a character with equip gun can equip both, but thier general stats are different), handguns having a range of 5, but are 1-handed, rifles having a range of 8, but require 2 hands (just like bows).
"Dave?  Are you there?"

Xifanie

November 02, 2008, 03:17:51 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
+ Crit % Chance
+ Spell Cast % Chance (formula 02)

Here ya go Zozma, it was friggin hard but I learnt a lot in the process as well.

Zozma

November 02, 2008, 03:30:15 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
sweet 100% critical and 100% cast spell! thats great! :D
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!