• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:25:40 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New Adminship

Started by Eternal248, December 09, 2010, 07:53:54 am

Eternal

My only desire is to restore FFH and clean it up. I've no want for power. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

ffzman

Oh wow, no clue where this came from but I like it. Love the changes and Eternal is just swell. Congrats.

Eternal

To note, the forums look a little messy right now, but tomorrow when I have more time, I'll straighten them up.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

ffta707

Good job eternal! I know you'll do a good job.

Mari

Good luck with your new job. Maybe this one will give you hours.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

st4rw4k3r

Quote from: "Cheetah"Is that a toaster? Can it talk? I love talking toasters. Not as much as I love cookies though, hence Eternal is administrator.

Congratulations on your appointment to Webmaster Xifanie!

Its actually a talking soup bar.

apostle30

Quote from: "Eternal248"Greetings, everyone. This is my first post as an admin, and I intend to make it brief.

Let's face it. Lately, FFH has been rather chaotic. I don't intend to add to the chaos by making this transition a huge deal. For the average user, you probably won't notice much of a change, if you notice a change at all. There are, however, a few minor differences which are listed below.

1) No more "God" word filter. This means that you'll no longer have to censor yourself.

2) No more Godkicking on IRC. This means you can come on IRC (chat) and not fear being kicked for saying "omg" or the like.

3) I'm cleaning up mods. Basically, there are a ton of mods right now and I'm adjusting their privileges and the like.

4) In regards to New Topics, I will not allow topics to be posted unless there are screenshots or a video of a proposed new patch. For those who want to still talk about their patch ideas, you're free to do so in the discussion thread. This is to prevent spamming up New Projects with projects that will/have made no progress.

These are the primary changes that'll be happening. There will be more over time undoubtedly, but for now, these are the biggest ones.

I know things have been chaotic lately, and many of you want to leave FFH because of it. However, if we're to rebuild from the ashes, we need dedicated members to stick around and help. If you cannot be constructive, and don't want to do anything on here other than spam, or berate others, I will be the first to say that you are not welcome.

With that said, I welcome everyone to FFH, where some of your dreams might come true sometimes!

Wait lemme get this straight, you come on as new admin and basically dont change anything except make it okay to blaspheme? Are you really Obama New Admin? Cuz thats basically what he's done!

ffta707

QuoteWait lemme get this straight, you come on as new admin and basically dont change anything except make it okay to blaspheme? Are you really Obama New Admin? Cuz thats basically what he's done!

Wait lemme get this straight, you come here to criticize eternals admin-ship? Are you really commenting? You have 3 posts, so don't come and tell eternal how to run  the site.

Eternal

Perhaps if you were around a bit more, Apostle, you'd see that quite a bit is changing. Somebody get this man some Eye Drops, because I think he's blind.

philsov

QuoteSomebody get this man some Eye Drops, because I think he's blind.

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Eternal

Now imagine if that were a Ninja's Throw. :P

philsov

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Eternal

To be fair, I daresay Mustadio doesn't need to worry about being Poisoned anymore. Corpses can't die of poison, y'know.

st4rw4k3r

I have always wondered about chemist throwing glass containers at people.

Kaijyuu

An interesting mod would make thrown items do throw stone damage to their target in addition to the regular effects.
  • Modding version: PSX

st4rw4k3r

I'm going to do that right now!

MysticKnightFF5

An interesting mod would consume the receiver's next turn to pull it out and drink. Except phoenix downs, because they don't seem to be contained by anything.