• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:26:29 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Red Mage job class discussion

Started by philsov, August 23, 2010, 03:14:38 pm

LastingDawn

That's not a bad idea... "Dia Blade" or something akin to that? That could work, especially if it has some range and area of effect... How does a Wp^2 4 Range, 2AoE Holy Elemental sound? Or is it a bit much, or not enough?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Tigerspike

Sounds pretty good to me.  Now, would you require the caster to be equipped with a sword to use Dia Blade , or would you let the Red Mage utilize the skill regardless of equipment?
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

LastingDawn

Well all of their base equipment is Swords... but I think as long as it is a Bladed weapon (no whips, staves, etc) then that should be fine. If coupled with Equip Bec De Corbin they'll be dealing 81 Damage in that range (If they equip the Francisca) , And to Undead 50% more because of the Holy Elemental. That seems fitting enough.

Art of War

philsov

QuoteFormula 64 is used for Wiznaibus

Wizzy is ((PA*Br) + PA), iirc.  

QuoteWP^WP, if they can use swords the highest attack would be 64 (Earth Sabre being the highest at 8.) SpellBlades would be weaker... his unique Rapier would probably not be that impressive WP, and of course taking that skill to other jobs would be a bit broken. Hmm... it should be unique, in any case...

Did I just misread this to say "red mage melee is most unimpressive"?  Because it should not be >:\
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

LastingDawn

Not at all. Red Mage's physical strength is dependent on the weapons, but WP in Mercenaries have taken a hit in every section of the game. The strongest sword is 8 WP, after all. The strongest normal weapon overall is 12 WP, in the Obelisk. (Check the Equipment section for the (majority) of the up-to date equipment decisions. Also if you have the time, you could weigh in on that as well.

Art of War

philsov

I'm too big-picturey, see my response in the Unique Skillsets thread :)
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.