• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:04:52 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Time to patch

Started by Risca, July 18, 2010, 03:03:30 pm

Risca

Just wondering how long it should be taking to apply the fft:complete patch to a clean ISO...I'm using a pretty solid computer, and taskmanager isn't showing PPF-O-Matic as being nonresponsive, but it's taking a lot longer than I thought it would have.  What is a normal wait time on the patch?  

Thanks in advance.

Cheetah

I can't give you a good reference point, but I certainly remember it taking quite a while. Though so long that you could make a post about it and wait for a response this long seems unlikely. Try logging into the chat and asking folks there, faster response.
Current Projects:

Apostle

I'm Having this problem too, at the time of this post it is 7:47pm EST.  I opened up PPF O Matic and opened my ISO and the latest FFT:C patch around Noon today. 

It is still patching....or so it would seem anyway.

Eternal

It randomly seems to like to take a long time. I advise trying to patch another clean ROM.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

anderel

ppf-o-matic is almost 3 hours patching the iso.... sorry to up this post again, but it's the only post i found that have the same problem i have.... you expert users of the forum (anyone), how much time takes for you guys to patch? it takes several hours to everybody? if don't, please explain how can i patch the iso files faster =/

have a Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.31GHz
2gb ram ddr2 sdram
Nvidia GeForce 7025

it's not bad at all....
Do not have sign yet....or is this one? Dunno really...

Eternal

You might need to try another ISO or just try repatching. PPF-o-Matic is very fickle, and even if you have an amazing computer, it can sometimes still not patch.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

anderel

March 07, 2011, 11:12:53 am #6 Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:19:02 am by anderel
ok, i'll make a brand new iso to try out, 3 hours patching and nothing yet =/
and you eternal, how much time you take patching a iso? just to know if its luck ^^"

and thanks for your attention =D

Edit: Omfg.....i was trying to patch FFT: Complete and was 3 hours and nothing...then i try to patch FFT: 1.3 and....
it was like an Abra-Cadabra o.o''' 5 seconds....and done o.o'''
Maybe each patch alone has its issues....why don't the patches creators don't chat with each other
and see if this is a patch issue or maybe ppf-o-matic random luck?

Thanks anyway=p
Do not have sign yet....or is this one? Dunno really...

Eternal

It depends on how much is changed. Patches with changed events (like Complete) seem to take longer to patch than gameplay patches (like 1.3).

topopox

Well... Apparently the problem here is, the patch v.50 by itself...

Because when I use 13035ez Complete, PPF O Matic patches like light...

This patch is 1.3 Easytype+Complete v.50, in one PPF file.

Cheetah

Hmm that is interesting. I will have to do some tests on this. Though I do recall patching taking a really long time before.
Current Projects:

GeneralStrife

PPF O- Matic freezes randomly, my advice: Keep a Rar/7z'ed image always to extract, i got like 20 diff images cause sometimes they implode