• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Event Updating...

Started by Argg0, October 26, 2007, 09:08:27 pm

Argg0

October 26, 2007, 09:08:27 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
So, I've been playing with the story battles...

Editted all the battles I though they needed to be changed somewhat, put in some Bards, Dancers, Mimes, more Samurais, More Ninjas, More Geomancers, more Math Skill.

But it failed...

If I make someone a bard, he won't have skills on it because he don't have that job open.

So, the unit will be here, a nice Bard or so, but it won't sing. A dancer won't dance. A Samurai won't DO.

So, any knowladge about this?

<prays that this topic don't also get ignored  :cry: >

Xifanie

October 26, 2007, 10:48:45 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
also ignored? which other thread was ignored?

Anyway you made me work and here are the results.

There are 2 bytes between Brave/Faith & Job

The first one is "Job" and the other is "Level".

00 Base Job
01 Chemist
02 Knight
03 Archer
04 Monk
05 White Mage
06 Black Mage
07 Time Mage
08 Summoner
09 Thief
0A Mediator
0B Oracle
0C Geomancer
0D Lancer
0E Samurai
0F Ninja
10 Calculator
11 Bard
12 Dancer
13 Mime

Zalbag is 13 08.  So level 8 Mime + All Mime requirements.

Once set, every requirement for the job will be filled. And they will have the corresponding amount of JP for each job.There are some limitations though. I doubt the game will ever give a free Job level just like that.

By that, I mean that if you put 08 08 (summoner lvl8) I doubt your Time Mage can be higher than 2 unless leveled during battle.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Xifanie

October 26, 2007, 11:06:02 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
It may have an effect of the secondary skillset too. Maybe even FORCE it. Check the Knight at Riovanes:
All equip random but feather boots.
Geomancer lvl5.
2nd skillset is set as random.

Yet that knight ALWAYS has elemental and probably the same for Water Ball too but I can't explain that one.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Argg0

October 27, 2007, 01:29:25 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
Hmm... interesting.

The other thread I said is in the part of the forum... "Sprites".

townknave

April 10, 2008, 06:21:03 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by townknave
If this is the way enemy abilites are set up, couldn't we just make the game significantly harder by increasing the JP required for each job level, or increasing the number of job levels requires to unlock new jobs?

If I recall correctly, in the JP version Monk/Thief needed 3 levels of Knight/Archer to unlock, which would mean that enemies would have at least 350 JP (or whatever it is) in those classes rather than just 200.  So in the JP version, enemies will have more JP to play with in their secondaries, right?

Xifanie

April 11, 2008, 07:12:43 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Yeah... they would.

Zozma

April 19, 2008, 06:41:08 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
hey... special skillsets, is this off topic? anyway
if one is set over the default in entd will all the skills be learned auto?

like say wiegraf on the one on one battle with ramza has the lightning strike skill version of holy sword, if he had less jp than that one skill costed would he still have the skill for that one battle? i know that as secondaries they are all auto learned but would this apply?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Xifanie

April 19, 2008, 08:55:23 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I remember talking about that but I was wrong...

If a skillset is set, and it's not a generic skillset, then all the skills will be automatically useable. Whoever if it is generic, it will simply consider it like any randomly generated skillset.

If Wiegraf's skillset is set, then he'll always have Lightning Stab. I can't recall myself if it is.

Zozma

April 19, 2008, 05:09:26 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
so, for examle ive noticed in the entd edit that even tho some specials have their job skillset, the primary skillset isnt set as "job's" but its still set as the one matching their job anyway... is that to make sure that their skills are all mastered? did i understand that right?

Xifanie

April 19, 2008, 06:04:16 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Yep.

If you take a look at like Hashmalum, all his spells require 9999JP. Just with that guarantees his skillset is set.

If you want like Kletian to know all Black Magics, you'll have to create a BM skillset and set it to him. There are undead mages skillsets already though, but not complete.

Zozma

April 19, 2008, 06:27:17 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
well those 9999jp ones,
is Dimension magic his primary? i thought it was fear and dimension was his secondary.... but isnt he also a monster? monsters are auto learn all anyway right?

Lydyn

April 19, 2008, 06:30:13 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
He's a Zodiac Beast, an entire catagory different from male, female, or monster ... of course, I don't understand anything else that's being said here. xD