• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Suggestions

Started by VincentCraven, September 27, 2007, 10:31:04 pm

VincentCraven

September 27, 2007, 10:31:04 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
We have come to a point where many problems in the original have been fixed and balanced. Of course, there is always room for improvement.

Please check the site for FFT patch changes so you do not repeat something that has already been fixed.

Knight Swords

I didn't see any changes to Knight Swords. In the original, it was possible to dual wield them. While I have no problem with Knight Swords being wieldable  in one hand, using two should not be allowed.  Always: Protect or Shell? Great. Always: Haste? Excessive. Always: Protect or Shell, Haste? Too much. Please consider removing the two sword option.

Has Excalibur been edited? I did not see any changes in the list, and I believe Always: Haste is too powerful.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Chrona

September 28, 2007, 10:05:45 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
I think it would be better as Initial:Haste, I heard Phil did something like that to it in V1.1 but I'm not sure
Silver Noble

Argg0

September 28, 2007, 10:24:23 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
Did my post got deleted or something? I could swear I had posted here...

Anyway...

I agree that knight swords shouldn't be two sworded.

Actually, I think KSwords should be like axes: Rand- I mean- Two Handed weapons.

Argg0

September 29, 2007, 08:11:13 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
So, "Double Strike" on Slasher doesn't work (second strike always miss).

Any suggestion on what should it be now?

What about Shock! ? on it? Or it would be too powerful? Also, is this even possible?

Hmm... it would be an amazing Zodiac killer...

Xifanie

September 29, 2007, 08:26:20 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Byblos' Shock yes, Beowulf's Shock no.

We can only select abilities from 0x00 to 0xFF that means no monster ability, no Shock (which is x100 and COMPLETELY not together with the rest of its skillset), no limit.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Argg0

September 29, 2007, 08:38:36 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
Nevermind about Shock... I was mistaken about it. I though it was TargetCurrentHP - TargetMaxHP...

What else could be useful... hmm...

Morning Star has Earth Slash that is PA * [(PA+2)/2]...

Some Holy Sword skill?

VincentCraven

September 30, 2007, 08:17:30 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
If we're going holy sword, I must say Crush Punch myself.

1 Random Hit, 25% chance for PA*16 damage, 6.25%  chance to add: Dead

...If we use ANY sword skill, that second hit will be powerful, though in terms of sword skills, holy sword is the best option.

Maybe repeating fist. It would become obsolete after a while, but that's okay.

killer_bard

September 30, 2007, 03:19:52 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by killer_bard
Quote from: "Argg0"So, "Double Strike" on Slasher doesn't work (second strike always miss).

Is this true for "Double Strike" itself, or just "Double Strike" with axes?  I was planning on giving all ninja knives and katanas double strike, to make them stand out.

killer_bard

September 30, 2007, 11:02:54 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by killer_bard
(in case you're wondering why I don't just go and test it myself:

1:  I'm using Open Office, so I need to buy Excel
2:  I need to work on stuff for work right now, and not be distracted...so I won't get Excel for a month or so.

That said, I think I've been dreaming about this development of events ever since I first started playing this beautiful but broken as hell game)

philsov

October 02, 2007, 02:50:36 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Please consider removing the two sword option.

Agreed, done and done.  

Now, as for what to do with Slasher, I've narrowed it down to these:

Crush Punch
Gravi2
Return2

Each have their perks -- Crush offers straight damage and the chance to kill, Gravi has a chance to fail, can't kill, but has some sick damage potential, and Return2 is a spruced up version of the original Slasher's slow, which is usable against anyone.

Hm.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Xifanie

October 02, 2007, 04:37:47 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I vote Return 2.

Gravi 2 would be a real zodiac killer. ;/ (Especially Altima; it bypasses Damage split)

And a chance to add death even with a good attack doesn't seem enough to me.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

VincentCraven

October 02, 2007, 09:52:21 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I'd have to vote Crush Punch, though I don't know exactly what Return2 does.  Unless it is much better than adding slow, I wouldn't vote for Return2.

Xifanie

October 02, 2007, 10:03:40 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
100% Reset CT to 0. Hit enemies with almost full CT and if you're lucky, it will help. ;o

karsten

October 03, 2007, 02:14:37 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
i was thinking that it might be interesting to give crossbows 2x WP, but having them slow you down like in real live... something like -1sp for weaker ones and -2 for bigger ones...

what do you guys think?

also, why phil is not here around? :D

Argg0

October 03, 2007, 10:20:46 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
I disagree with Return2, slow is far more powerful.

Gravi2... Make it not work on Zodiacs (Dark Ele)... This would lead to people use Nkay against Zalera? Not sure... Zalera has nasty abilities... but... it can miss and would require the user to have high faith.

Crush Punch... that would add a good deal of damage (18 * PA is nice...), the death chance is nearly unnoticed, it's not like you are going to see Crush Punch poping every hit. I've been using a squire with Battle Axe since they became avaible, and it haven't triggered the power break yet (I just saved Ovelia).

So, my vote goes to Crush Punch.

Asmo X

October 08, 2007, 02:50:17 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
I'd vote for Crush Punch as well. Return2 would be an interesting choice if you could up the %chance but from what I understand, that isn't really possible.

A suggestion I have would be giving Orlandu a sample of skills from each set rather than the whole dang lot.

Also, from the change list:

"Math Skill has been removed from the game. Farewell, cheapness and uniqueness. Hello Cure, Protect, Shell, Fire, Ice, Bolt, Stop, Blind and one heck of a carrier class."

I take it this means that the calculator no longer has the unique "calculating" aspect of his skillset. But wouldn't it be more acceptable to have that now that the skill list has been pared down? I think that would be a decent compromise since it gets to keep the uniqueness and not be overpowered. 'Stop' might be pushing it a little but whatever.

VincentCraven

October 08, 2007, 10:51:23 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
yep, no more calculation...

But Calculator is now the best carrier class with the best MA growth and a slew of innate abilities! Have you tried out the new Calc?

Asmo X

October 08, 2007, 08:29:53 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Quote from: "VincentCraven"yep, no more calculation...

But Calculator is now the best carrier class with the best MA growth and a slew of innate abilities! Have you tried out the new Calc?

Nah I haven't actually tried it out yet. I was just wondering whether it would still be considered imbalanced to let it calculate with this new watered down spell list. I guess I'm just sorry to see the unique aspect of the class go even though I'm totally against the overpowered nature of the first incarnation.

I'm all for it being a neat carrier class though.

Chrona

October 08, 2007, 08:57:55 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
Random idea - some way to use Blood Suck? Possibly put it as the add status of Blood Sword?
Silver Noble

Xifanie

October 08, 2007, 09:09:27 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
The blood sword is already broken >_>'