• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:47:37 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

How can I merge FFT KO with FFTC?

Started by Xodarap777, January 06, 2018, 07:39:22 pm

Xodarap777

FFT LFT has an available premade merged patch for LFT+Complete (complete is the one that ports over the script translations from WotL).

I wanted to do the same for FFT KO, but I realized after trying to patch one and then the other, than in both instances, it didn't work.

How can I merge these patches myself?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Nyzer

When Eternal told you not to multi-patch because it might cause issues and he wasn't sure if it would even work or not, that was indeed the correct answer.

If you want this result, you'll have to port the text yourself, in a way that doesn't conflict with KO. It'll be a decently long, tedious task.

You might get lucky and find someone's Tactext and event files for Complete somewhere.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xodarap777

Lol, yeah, that's why I came over to this part of the forums.

I figured that simply patching it directly with PPF-o-matic wouldn't work - I tried just in case.

But I also assumed - apparently wrongly - that if they merged them for LFT, it couldn't be that hard to "manually" merge them for KO.  I assumed it was a matter of opening the two of them up, extracting the relevant information, and putting that info into a new file - I just misjudged how much tedium that might entail.  :(

Oh well - luckily, KO exists for WotL, and I can just PPSSPP instead of ePSXe.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL