• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Finding the game file for FFT ios

Started by Turbomester232, October 09, 2017, 10:52:59 am

Turbomester232

Hi there,

I am having trouble finding the save file for FFT. There is a lion editor for iOS, and it tells me to use I explore as I can manipulate the files easily, however I am not able to find the save file or even the game. I have also jailbreaked my Ipad(v9.3.5) and downgraded the app as people suggested and still no luck, please respond and thank you.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nyzer

With a jailbroken Apple phone, you might as well just run an emulator with the PSX or PSP versions; the mobile ports get very little support here due to lack of interest by the folks who have the expertise.

The guy who made the LiOS editor hasn't even been to the site in four years. It's quite possible that what worked back in 2013 no longer works now.

Turbomester232

Thank you for replying,

Now how do I run an emulator for this game, and where can I download it thanks!

Nyzer

Google for both - that'll point you in the right direction. We don't distribute games here. Few forums do. But neither games nor emulators are hard to find.

Turbomester232

Alright, I will try and find one and thank you for responding.

Edit: I am new to emulators so I'll try my best, also when I get the emulator for the game, is the hacking path going to be similar to the PSP version as I am going to try this for my PC, sadly I can't find a ios version :(

Turbomester232

Alright, so I have the game working like a charm! Now I believe it is time to start the hacking, is there a tutorial on how to hack the PSP version on pc as I am having trouble finding one, the six pack video by Wiz is sort of outdated as his download links/links are dead, is there another tutorial?

Nyzer

Start with the Patcher to get an idea of what you can do. I think the general list of what can be done with the PSP version is this -

Patcher work
Slightly restricted Shishi work, changing battle & formation sprites
Event editing (check out EVSP)
Slightly restricted Tactext work
ATTACK.OUT editing

There aren't tutorials for the really basic stuff. Occasionally a specific question will come up for the Patcher, but most of it is really obvious from the start, or can be answered much more quickly with a quick forum search or simply testing it yourself rather than waiting for an answer.

Turbomester232

Alright, thank you for your help and I will try these all!