• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Forcing Item as secondary skillset

Started by Seperest, June 12, 2017, 12:59:23 am

Seperest

Is there any way to force Item as the secondary skillset for all characters in the game? (including your own, without the ability to change it) I've done some searching and I cant find an answer to this. Help would be appreciated! :D

Pride

fft orgASM should have innate item all in its bundled download
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Seperest

Theres Skillset X Innate all, but it seems that if I were to put that in then monsters would be using Item too. Any way to have just human characters using them?

Heisho

I have a theory that I will put in practice in my new patch (I finally gave up on PSP  :()

You can normalize the Equip change skill set using ASMs and the trough the patcher change the Action Menu to "Item" and add the abilities, rename it on TacText, and add to all classes in mind innate "Equip Change" and see what happens.

Might work, let me know since I copying everything I made for PSP to PSX at the moment and I'm unable to verify it.

Good Luck
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Emmy

This is actually not too hard to do.  However, you need to think of the consequences of what this'll do (particularly with the ai) and how you want to restrict it.   AI has unlimited amounts of items.  So if you give item secondary to everyone or even to all humans, you will create a *very* sandbaggy ai, especially if you're keeping Phoenix Down and/or restorative items like Elixirs.  If any boss you have has access to Item and you still have Elixirs that can make for a very annoying fight. Also some monsters have soft locked the game if given item access (specifically, ones that don't have humanoid sprite sheets).

What I'd suggest as a solution that will reduce these kinds of issues and allow for free item usage among your players is to let a support skill (Throw Item, perhaps; or a blank if you think that would be too powerful) grant access to Item as well.  You can even give that support innately to all playable characters if you'd like, but that'll extend to the ai too so keep that in mind. :)