• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:56:05 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Playable Zodiac Monsters.

Started by C1REX, May 31, 2017, 06:05:35 pm

C1REX

Hi,

Some noob questions in preparation for my mod.

I recently mixed up my save files from different mods and one of the errors was the final boss from DD in my team. I think it's cool and wondered how to use FFPatcher to add Velius and DD boss to my team after defeating them?

Also is it possible to have final boss in the team?

Cheers,
Kris
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

johnmyster

Check "Join after battle" on their character. Zodiac monsters have strange exceptions in all sorts of ways, so I'm not 100% sure that would work, but that is the typical way of doing such a thing.

It is possible to have a Holy Angel or Arch Angel on your team, just plop them in a battle and have "Join after battle" checked for them. I'd advise against giving them ??? stats as I have no idea what will happen if they join your party, it might be fine though, not sure.

From experience, the game doesn't like more than one of the same Zodiac sprite in a battle, so you may have to make your friendly zodiacs use a generic sprite. Generic sprites for special jobs can sometimes be a bit wonky though, and you could assign an unused sprite (like Simon or something, though I'm not sure if he's a fully functional sprite set for battles).

Make sure you give them their secondary skillset that each one also uses in their battles, if you want their full total skillsets. Example: Zalera's primary skillset is Fear, but also uses the Ja Magic skillset when you face him. Fortunately the two skillsets are right next to each other in the Abilities section of FFTPatcher.

Finally, outside of the battles where you face them in the story, the zodiacs have 1/10 of the hp as they do in the game, due to the special calculation used for them for their battles. So just keep that in mind.
  • Modding version: PSX
FFT Proper v1.10 released 10/28/17!
Proper Rebalances, ramps up difficulty, and adds variety to battles.

nitwit

The ??? stats only applies to ENTD settings, I don't think it persists after battle.  I think this is what multiplies their HP by ten too.

Many Zodiac monsters don't have correct formation screen sprites.  Someone will be along shortly to explain if it can be fixed and how.

I'm not sure about a per battle limit on Zodiac monsters, but there is a limit on how many different sprites you can have in a battle.  Palette swaps don't count, IIRC.

C1REX

I've tested with DD last boss and it works perfectly fine. Very, very cool team member and I recommend to tick "join after battle".
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown