• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 08:40:33 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Item graphic extra slot

Started by Mime, May 25, 2017, 12:23:49 pm

Mime

I am trying to make use of the hiragana section but ended up finding Ramza's chapter 1 portrait.
It came in partially like puzzle from top to bottom A4-B3-C2-D1 and it will refer to the palette assigned to that particular item (palette is currently set to 0).

Are there known way(s) to increase the current item graphic slot without glitch?
  • Modding version: PSX
Agrias: Tentacle... what a sad word...

Xifanie

Not really; all the graphical space you see being used is actually used.

JotF uses the "Orbonne Monastery" space at the top, of the file, but it uses a hack to reload the file every time the game heads back on the World Map... basically the "Orbonne Monastery" space is used in battle. We used that graphical space only on the world map for the Synthesis Shop materials.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Mime

So does this means that I cannot even use A3 and/or B2? I mean they shows up fine before and during battle. Will they go glitchy in other part of the game that I did not know about?
By any chance did you know where/when that 2 letters of hiragana graphic will shows up in-game?

Xifanie

A3 and A4 should be fine, but I can't remember about B2.

If you check, there are a lot of icon duplicates just using a different palette. If you are that hurt for icon space, I suggest condensing your existing items into alternate palettes of the same icons. It's really not hard to save quite a few icon slots that way.

And the graphic isn't used, it is just replaced by other stuff in game. Like the "Orbonne Monastery" graphic is replaced by something that is completely different in battle but essential. I just can't remember what lol.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Mime

Well actually I have been condensing my existing items into alternate palettes of the same icons again and again... I guess I have to do it one more time and freed up some space  :( I admit I have twisted fetish over new items...

Thanks for letting me know that it is replaced by other essential stuff. In case you manage to remember what it is exactly, please let me know. Maybe one day I might want to take the risk to mess with it.  :lol: