• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:47:13 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Making jobs

Started by UnknownKnight, March 31, 2017, 03:26:22 pm

UnknownKnight

I'm new and I'm trying to make my own jobs like how they did in journey of the five so I would appreciate the help please and yes I've looked around but could not find it
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
I am a Help Vampire - help me at your own risk. But please do help me help myself!
Learn more about Help Vampires

Xifanie

You're going to have to be a little more specific than that...
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

UnknownKnight

I wanna like the second person to be septh from ff7 and only that person would be him and not every other squire...... I tried to do it once but every male squire was him and where only he will know the job
I am a Help Vampire - help me at your own risk. But please do help me help myself!

Emmy

You're going to have to use a special class for this, not a generic class.  For example, replacing Agrias's class with your Sephiroth job; as opposed to replacing knight.

UnknownKnight

So how would i go on doing this? And would that person be a starting unit at the beginning after first fight? Sorry I'm doing this over phone and at work ha but yeah how would I do this lol I'm new to this hacking I used patches but not made my own

Emmy

Assuming that you haven't edited events yet, and that you're modding the PSX version, put your special characters in ENTD entry 0x188 (Military Academy).  Here you can change their names, classes, sprite used, level, etc.

UnknownKnight

So I don't gotta go in fftactext and do anything there? Sorry I'm dumb when it comes to this

UnknownKnight

I figured it out but bow only problem I have is when I get to start picking ppl for battle the new sprite is still one if the assassin sisters picture and the sprite is I big glitchy square

Xifanie

You can only have 9 spritesheets loaded in a map at a time, otherwise that graphical glitch occurs. The unit will still work perfectly fine though.

And you need to use Shishi and edit UNIT.BIN and WLDFACE.BIN to import the proper sprite and portrait for that character.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

UnknownKnight

So with it being glitchy like that it will be fine? And 9 spirit sheets and how I edit unit.bin and the other one? I'm trying to make my daughter into this one but I don't jbow what I am doing I got class n crap fine but not where you set up where your ppl go but thank you so far for the help