• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:26:54 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

PSXfin bios image? Help please.

Started by scorpiova, March 19, 2017, 07:04:33 pm

scorpiova

Hey guys,

Not sure if I can get this answered here - but I am trying to run a PSX emulator with full screen that is not glitchy.

Personally I have been using EPSXe - but only windowed and it has not been an issue. But a friend of mine who is streaming this game needs one that can go fullscreen - and in full screen it is garbage.

So I was going to try the emulator on this site - PSXfin - but it is asking for a Bios image? I am really confused.

How does one find/make a bios image in order to run my PSX modded rom on PSXfin?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Xifanie

• It's called pSX, not PSXfin

• We do not distribute BIOSes; google may help you find this copyrighted (thus illegal) thing, but we won't

• Don't you already have a BIOS file if you've been using ePSXe?

Don't forget to set the Aspect Ratio to 4:3 under Full Screen under Graphics under Configuration for pSX
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

scorpiova

Quote from: Xifanie on March 19, 2017, 09:35:47 pm

• It's called pSX, not PSXfin

• We do not distribute BIOSes; google may help you find this copyrighted (thus illegal) thing, but we won't

• Don't you already have a BIOS file if you've been using ePSXe?

Don't forget to set the Aspect Ratio to 4:3 under Full Screen under Graphics under Configuration for pSX

Yeah its complicated.

I'm not familiar with bios or what not. So its all new to me. No matter what bios I send him that I find - his emulator just does not play well on the stream. He gets slowdown and stutter in the music. I'm thinking its merely something with his settings at this point.

It all runs fine on my end.

Angel

You can try PCSXR, which both plays much nicer with FFT than ePSXe, and can run without a BIOS. Just be aware that using it without a BIOS makes some RNG routines not operate correctly, so you won't be getting the most accurate results, but it's honestly unnoticeable in casual play.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

scorpiova

Quote from: Angel on March 20, 2017, 12:19:22 am
You can try PCSXR, which both plays much nicer with FFT than ePSXe, and can run without a BIOS. Just be aware that using it without a BIOS makes some RNG routines not operate correctly, so you won't be getting the most accurate results, but it's honestly unnoticeable in casual play.

Cool thanks for the info. We will try that one as well.