• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:03:21 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Hello! PSP Modding?

Started by Trick Track, January 23, 2017, 11:27:55 pm

Trick Track

So I'm getting back into Final Fantasy Tactics lately and I really want to hopefully mod my game so I can enjoy some of the creations out there. However, I wouldn't have the faintest idea of how to even do that. Is it even possible? For instance if I wanted to play the 1.3 Patch on my PSP is that possible? Or should I stick to emulation.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL

Emmy

Very few mods are for the PSP version.  Nearly all modders choose PSX version for their projects.  So stick to emulation. :)
  • Modding version: PSX

Trick Track

Aw it would have been nice to have a modded Final Fantasy Tactics version on my PSP to take on the go. Could you technically emulate PSX on PSP to get a modded ISO?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

You can just patch and then convert most FFT mods to work on PSP. As long as it doesn't have a custom SCUS like Jot5 does
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

You can even emulate PSX or PSP games on your smartphone or tablet - much more accessible than dragging your old PSP out of mothballs, IMO.

I played Jot5 entirely on my Galaxy Mega.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown