• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:21:50 am

Attackout squads

Started by CONMAN, May 20, 2016, 02:12:02 pm

CONMAN

I'm curious about what squads are actually free to use when creating additional events.  I've created several side quests and don't want to overwrite already used squads (I actually already overwrote a couple of random battle ones I have to fix.). 

Xifanie's random battle editor tells me that squads 1-46 are used.

Xifanie's attackout editor tells me that squads 100 to ~14C are used for story battles.

Are the rest  in between free to use? When I pull them up in the editor they already are set with odd arrangements- not that it really means anything.... Anyone know?
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

Actually, 0x000-0x0FE are used by the world map debug map/battle option... so if you don't mind sacrificing those, that's 254 more right there (since 0x000 is technically null)
0x100-0x1FF are meant for story battles
0x200-0x2FF are meant for random battles. (yes, starts at 0x200, they are hardcoded to be in that range)

With my event reorganizer, it will pretty much be no issue whatsoever coming up with "free" squad slots, because it would be done automatically. You just edit the squad that's there; bam. Done.

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

CONMAN

Awesome! Thanks Xif! You never cease to amaze me! That Event Reorganizer looks awesome! The number of programs it would seem to replace is crazy-totally streamline story creation!

Xifanie

Yeah, unfortunately, this is one of the 3-4 big spreadsheets I'm working on ATM, and real-life gets in the way. A lot. And that could get a lot worse.
So if everything in our lives magically starts getting unbelievably better, you could expect a release in a few months. Otherwise, many months or more. I mean, I hate breaking the bad news like that, but having other people show enthusiasm about what I make is also a good part why I keep going. Especially in hard times like these.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Elric