• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:42:26 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] Moving forward 1.02

Started by Dome, December 02, 2014, 06:25:20 am

chan.nicholas87

Hello Dome,

I registered just to type this;

I am patiently waiting (refreshing this page every 6 hours) to see if you have uploaded 1.02. :)

I have never tried modding, played the original tactics at least 15 times since 12ish years ago, and although I have downloaded 1.01C Beta i will not play it until 1.02 is out because I don't want to restart the moment 1.02 is out (which I believe is soon.?)

Please put me out of my agony!  :lol:

Dome

WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!
Well, I can stab you to end your agony once and for all, if you wish :-)
jk aside, I still need to:
- Finish FFTactext work (program stopped working for some random reason)
- Edit the world map instruction to make Beowulf quest work
- Playtest everything (Currently at the beginning of ch2)

It will take some time :-( feel free to casually play 1.01c to get the hang of the patch

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Ridiclued

Hey Dome, if you want me to help playtest & look for bugs I'll help out!

Can't help much on the programming/hacking side, but I can give it a playthrough in a day or so & report back to ya if/when I find bugs.
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate but that we are powerful beyond measure."

Dome

That would indeed be helpful. Give me one day, I'll make the ppf of the beta patch :-)

3lric

Dome, can you send me your derped out tactext file please?
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

Mikail

This looks so amazing. I have been wanting to play tactics but when I heard that its extremely easy to become overpowered and not need any of the support jobs I quickly lost interest. Glad to see this is aiming to be more challenging and even includes one of the jobs I like the most(red mage). Can't wait for it to work completely on PSP. This looks so promising. By any chance, do you think that the working PSP patch will come out anytime soon or do you think it will take a while? I am so excited to play this! You also included one of my other favorites: The scholar :3. I also like a how the arcanist is looking, so awesome but my first time around I will try to not grind in order for it to be challenging. Like I said, this looks great and I would not like to play it any other way.  Thumbs up!  :D

Dome

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!
except yours :-(

I dislike the psp version, and I doubt I'll work on it...sorry

Mikail

Actually, I was not talking of war of the lions. Rather, for the moded ps1 version to work on psp xD

Dome

Lol, my bad then
It should be easily doable, as long as the psp can load the psx emulator. the asm that caused the unplayability on consoles should have been removed (Emphasis on -should-: it still needs to be tested)

Mikail

No problem there, I can run it :D. Should I download the version from your other topic or should I wait for the next update to come out?

Dome

I'd say to download version 1.01c, 1.02 will be better but I cannot say when it will come out :-(

Mikail

Alright, thanks for the reply ^_^

Dome

Feelie

Dome

skiploom188

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

Dome

Nope, it's not dead
I'm just slow (I'm lazy, problems editing here and there, I found a job and I'm doing a crapload of stuff to prepare for it, etc etc...)

Just to clarify (For everyone who might have missed it): 1.01c is a COMPLETE, FULLY PLAYABLE patch (It lacks like...some Deep Dungeon optional fight?)
I'm making 1.02 because I want the patch to be EVEN BETTER, (Some extra cool feature, more polished inside in order to make easier to fix bugs, etc etc...) not because it's needed
I hope I made myself clear  :)

Mikail

August 23, 2015, 07:32:06 pm #39 Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:45:06 pm by Mikail
Is the balance part of the patch final? That is what I care the most haha