• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:40:48 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

ASM Hack Proposals (for modders and ASMers)

Started by Xifanie, August 14, 2014, 05:30:56 pm

Guru

If you ever need testing just let me know! For now speedy results isn't possible but I'd still be happy to work on it as I can.

This goes for you too elric or anyone really just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Xifanie

JP Sets

This hack would allow you to grant completely custom JP values (min-max) for every job given a specified "Job unlocked" job and level specified in FFTPatcher in the ENTD tab.
At the very least it should grant custom job levels for each job.

For example:
Jobs Unlocked Archer Level 255 could set Squire to lvl 5, Knight to lvl 2, Archer to lvl 7, Thief to lvl 4, Lancer to lvl 2.
Jobs Unlocked Unknown Level 0 could unlock all jobs at lvl 8

If proceeding with job levels only, the edit would be a simple override of the job levels normally copy/pasted from the SCUS.
In the case of JP, I think the job levels might have to be calculated first based on the JP range, then at the time of generating the JP amounts (Job level's JP + rand[0, 99]), override those with the new numbers.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

nitwit

Treasure Box Upgrade by Xifanie
In Progress? by Pride (last updated: October 23, 2014)

Description:
As it stands, if a unit turns into a treasure box, it will pick any of the equipped item to be chosen as the reward. If no items are equipped, a chemist item is randomly generated.
The idea would be to give monsters and generic humans new drops that would be based on their level. The higher the level, the least likely to randomly get a lower level item.

For example, these chocobos would only ever drop one of those items.:

Chocobo:

Potion (lvl 1)
    Phoenix Down (lvl 13)
    White Robe (lvl 26)
    Feather Mantle (lvl 50)

Discussion:
I was wondering about how to have the item randomly generated; here's just and idea.
Level 1 to 12: 1/1 Potion
Level 13: 12/13 Potion, 1/13 Phoenix Down
Level 26: 12/26 Potion, 13/26 Phoenix Down, 1/26 White Robe
Level 50: 12/50 Potion, 13/26 Phoenix Down, 24/50 White Robe, 1/50 Feather Mantle

If you implement this, make sure you check drops from rarest to most common.  Roll the 1/50 first, and if you don't get a Feather Mantle roll 24/50, and if you don't get a White Robe roll 13/26, and if you don't get a Phoenix Down roll 12/50.

Raijinili

There's no need to roll more than once.

r = roll(1, lv)
if r < 13: return Potion
if r < 26: return Phoenix Down
if r < 50: return White Robe
return Feather Mantle

Your way won't work correctly anyway. If your first roll is 1/50, your next roll needs to be out of 49 (because it already has a 49/50x multiplier).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

nitwit

My bad, that's how item drops are rolled (horribly inefficiently) in another game I play.

Here's a proposal for an ASM hack: turn unused Jump abilities into other effects that affect the Jump skill.  Effects such as increased damage, increased accuracy, normal damage boost applies to more weapon types, and change the Jump CT formula so it performs slightly faster.

Do you think it would be useful?

Xifanie already improved the Jump skillset.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=953.0

Incremental Jump Range

Instead of choosing the highest value of the learned jump ability for the horizontal/vertical ranges, instead they are added all together,
meaning no one skill is ever going to be useless; it will always count towards your total horizontal/vertical range.
You could have Horizontal +2, Horizontal +1, Horizontal + 1, together would be the equivalent of Horizontal +4.

My other proposal is that Charge/Aim skillset increases accuracy by Power * 2 and keeps the damage boost.  The more you charge, the more accurate and damaging it is.

They seem like good ways to improve the existing skillsets without much effort.