Hex Editor (http://www.fileden.com/files/436/WH.rar
; pass is fft)
Excel 2000 or higher
Analyst Toolpak (found on the site if you don't have it already)
CD Mage Beta (http://ftp.uevora.pt/pub/Mirrors/CDmage/CDmage1-02-1B5.rar
- Make all the modifications you want to make in Excel. If auto-calculation is manual, go in
Tools/Options.../Calculation/ and press "calc now".
- Select the given area called "Hex ASCII" in the "END" sheet. Copy it.
- Open notepad and paste the data. Save with any name you wish (let's call it file X).
- Open the Hex Editor, then open your newly saved file & the file to patch with it (let's call it file Y).// 0x64 is an example of a number in HEX. During the following procedures, don't type the "0x"; you'll simply get an error.
- Take file X and go in
Search/Replace Hex Values
Search for: 0x0D0A
Replace with: <Empty field>
Press OK, then Yes.
- Press Ctrl + R and select Hex ASCII -> Binary
- Select all data (Ctrl+a or Edit/Select All). and copy it.
- Now take file Y and select the corresponding byte depending on your file:
for SCUS_942.21 (US version): 0x4F3F0
for SLPS_007.70 (JP version): 0x4C744
- Press Ctrl + B then click OK in the message box.
To Insert back the file using CD Mage Beta:
Open CD Mage Beta.
Open your ROM Image.
Right click on the corresponding file, click Import... and track down your file you just saved. It might be a good idea to keep an original copy of your file.