• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:09:05 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Random Haste Buff

Started by Ronin1984, October 16, 2014, 01:53:20 am

Ronin1984

I keep having this Haste buff crop up at the beginning of battle on all special characters, knights, and (apparently) random squires but never on chemists or archers. I have only looked at the early battles in the game.
1)   Running my patch with all ASM hacks off did not get rid of the problem.
2)   Running a separate patch that included only the changes I made to jobs did not create the problem.
3)   Running a patch with only the job changes and all the ASM hacks I normally put in (Generic Skill Fix, Disable Music, Weapon Guard Innate All) did not create the problem.
4)   I have altered nearly every item in the game but after reviewing the item lists several times I did not accidentally put in any Haste effects anywhere. All items function as intended so far.
5)   When applying everything (job changes, item lists, ASM hacks) the Haste effect appears for no apparent reason. It is not just a label, either- the characters are actually hasted.
6)   Other than the permanent Haste effect the game functions as intended as far as I can tell.

I really like my item list so I'm hoping I don't have to go without that. Please help! :(
"History does not repeat itself but it often does rhyme." -Mark Twain

DuxorW

If you upload the fftpatcher file I can take a look at it. Sometimes just helps to have another set of eyes.

Xifanie

The only thing I suspect right now is that you accidentally gave item 00 auto-haste. That or item FE/FF
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Ronin1984

Thanks

DuxorW

You have all of the swords set to item attribute 3, in which you've set haste as a permanent status.

Ronin1984

Holy crap talk about a new set of eyes! I looked at swords a full 3 times. Wow I feel like an idiot. I really appreciate the help!

DuxorW

Lol no problem, we've all been there.