• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:28:23 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

obtaining the .spr & .bmp files

Started by Neonseraphim, October 13, 2014, 11:23:58 am

Neonseraphim

Hello, I'm new here seeking some guidance.  I will like to export the sprites from psp WOTL so I can edit them to my own liking and add them later as special characters and maybe then do a quest for them if I get that far.  However I'm encountering a problem when following directions here.  When I used powerISO and CDmage all I get is the SQ-->PSP_GAME --->SYSDIR, USRDIR.  inside SYSDIR---> UPDATE, BOOT.BIN, EBOOT.BIN.  Inside UPDATE ---> DATA.BIN, EBOOT.BIn, PARAM.SFO.  Inside USRDIR---->movie----->all the movie files.  So I'm under the impression that there is a Battle folder and that it contains the SPR files for me to extract and mod and then insert back in, however this is not the case, I can't find them :(.  Any help?

Kurosabes

Extract fftpack.bin (in USRDIR), then extract it again with FFTPatcher. Choose where to extract, then everything should be there. This should be it, just did this myself to make sure I gave you the right directions. Also, this sticky should help for further things related to changing WotL sprites

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10141.0
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

3lric

For WotL you should be using UMDGen, not CDMage
  • Modding version: PSX

Neonseraphim

alright I'm getting it, however when I try to extract the fftpack.bin using fftpatcher I get the following error message:  Could not extract file.  Make sure you choose the correct file and that there is enough room in the destination directory, any ideas?  I have 1.82TB of free space I doubt that is the issue.  and the funny thing is that it does extracts so I can mess with files but may not be a complete extract.