• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:49:02 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT: A Stone's Ripple *DEMO RELEASED*

Started by Jumza, March 17, 2015, 11:30:53 pm

Jumza

Thanks for the positive and constructive criticism you guys! It really helps me keep up my motivation to work on this stuff ^_^

Anyway, progress update! At the end of the demo, I had used 20 event slots and I am now up to 27! I've added and planned out many new items, have fixed and added many new abilities and am working on adding in more jobs!

I don't know if everyone would rather not wait much longer and just receive a slightly elongated demo with more things and stuff, or if I should wait for chapter 1 to be totally completed before I make the next release. Feel free to post your opinion along with whatever other feedback or ideas you may have!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Guru

Hmmm..... I think another demo is a good idea. I myself am not in a huge rush, and well can't rush quality. The way I look at it though if you release a demo with new content, then you have a bunch of testers at your disposal each with a new perspective.

So in the end it's up to you. Don't rush a demo out to please us, but I think a demo would be mutually beneficial. Even just unlocking some extra random battles with equipment to match the new classes would at least allow us to test the classes and skills( and equipment ), which is what I excel at testing  :mrgreen:.

Although I'm all for spoilers myself, I would say just watch the story content because you proly don't want to give too much away before the ch 1 release.

Jumza

I guess I'll decide once I get more work done :P

Update and Spoilers incoming!
This is a rough version of an event that you encounter at Dorter Trade City (at some point after the demo ends), the main thing off about it is the camera angles which are super bugging me, and you can tell because I actually opened the map files in Ganesha and removed the tree just so that I wouldn't have to do some weird awful camera acrobatics that look terrible... But they still don't look great :P

Any and all critiques are welcome!
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Guru

Shit didn't see this till now. Looks good man! This should be an interesting plot, I think that was the old man from the last scene in the demo? He seems like he's gonna be full of surprises lol. I didn't think the camera angles looked too bad either. Cool man keep it up!

Jumza

I have high hopes that the plot will be found as interesting for you guys as it is for me :) This is actually the first time you see this character, you'll find out more about him once the battle is over, and if you read the text that appears during the battle you'll also learn a little about the girl kidnapping him!

Guru

Ah I was mistaken, I just went and checked CT5's LP of the demo to get a look at the old guy in that scene with hartel. I'm certain I will enjoy the rest of the what you have planned and I've definitely enjoyed everything you've done so far! I still remember that scene with that archer lol that was pretty slick. I got a feeling I'm gonna like this new girl too.

DeJ

Jumza -

This looks like a great project man! I have been visiting this feed since you first announced ASR and I must say I am impressed. The video above with the battle seems very very interesting! Once you drop an updated patch I would be happy to play through it and offer up my thoughts (no rush though).

Keep up the great work! The story and event editing are top-notch based off what I've seen so far.

leander

this is really great news! your demo will keep me entertained for sure.

CroquetteLunchers

I've played through the whole Demo and I LLLOVE IT!
It's perfect! It's hard, the skillsets are great, characters are cool.
Damn, I wish I could buy a whole 52 stages of this

How much time do you spend setting up cutscenes and battles?

Jumza

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

It's hard to give an estimate. The opening few took me the longest because I wasn't yet sure where I wanted to go with the project yet. Up to the point where you save Adria took me about twice as long as it took for me to do Araguay Woods / Dorter / Lionel.

CroquetteLunchers

It's been a while! I was just checking out to see if you had scrumptious news for us

Jumza

Well, progress has been made but unfortunately I'm away from home since last week (an probably this coming week) without my laptop, and I can't work on it without it! I was hoping to have some kind of longer demo out by the end of the summer since I dont think I'll be able to finish chapter 1.

Pride

Just keep at it, hoping to play more soon!
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

CroquetteLunchers

Is there a way we can donate to the project?
I keep getting excited about it every once in a while thinking "one day we'll have a whole 52 levels of A Stone's Ripple"
We have to make it happen!

Jumza

^.^ Thanks for the offer but I'm pretty sure that I can't accept donations. I do appreciate the enthusiasm though! Since my summer is drawing to a close I will be releasing the extended demo in a week or two, it (unfortunately) will only have a few more scenes and battles but they are very important plotwise! There will also be a few more jobs and items to mess around with, so that should be cool :P

azavier

are you still working on this game ? and how far is it playable to ?

Hyraldelita

hello Jumza.

After i played Jot5 i honestly thought there couldn't be a patch of the same lvl and if this is not the same level, sure is that is at least the closest one.

I tried CoP and that's nice too, but i don't want to talk about it here cause is offtopic ^^

But for starting this stone's ripple look very nice, it's a real pity it's very very short for now, and off course i know it's a huge amount of job.

I'm really looking forward to see how it goes on. I would just love to see some new sprites, if you even stumble into some of borrow them, for changing some classes^^ I can never play an alchemist as first class, their job really look aweful for my taste XD (i mean the sprites, same for oracle female..)