• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Rick Perry's New Ad

Started by Eternal248, December 08, 2011, 10:55:23 am

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on December 09, 2011, 04:46:11 pm
While I understand that Ron Paul is probably the least scumbaggish Republican running (and he is certainly less of a scumbag than a great many Democrats in Congress and working as Governers), I have some serious problems with his platform.

Let's take the FDA - the Food and Drug Administration.  The FDA has two purposes, which often exist in conflict with each other.  The first purpose is to safeguard public health in matters related to food and drugs.  The other purpose is to basically lobby for American food and drugs, which, these days, means they work for massive corporations like seed-giant Monsanto and pharmaceutical giant Glaxco-Smith-Kline.

What does this mean for average Americans?  It means that, a lot of times, corporations can delay, hide, and even destroy evidence that the chemicals and procedures that they use to make food and drugs are unsafe, or even violently toxic.  A clear example of this is bisphenol A (BPA for short), which is used in almost every consumer product manufactured in the world.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/04/080422114734.htm

They get away with this because corporations are required to test any new chemical they create for toxicity, but they are the ones required to test it, not the FDA.  So, while I agree with Ron Paul that the FDA has no business lobbying for anybody, their testing authority and testing funding should be increased, so that they can test all new chemicals before they are approved, not the companies that make the chemicals.

I have similiar misgivings about Ron Paul on the EPA, on regulation of banks and financial institutions to prevent fraud and deceit so consumers can make informed decisions, and on the gov't right to regulate money in politics and the people's right to a Republic where those who have more money than me, do not also have more free speech than me.  Because we are becoming a nation where everyone is equal, but those with money are more equal than those without it.

Ron Paul does have some wrongs in his platform like you said, but he's for equal rights, a constitutionalist. I know he gets my vote. I agree the FDA plays a necessary role, and the EPA....meh....I guess they play an important roll. But the rich need to start paying taxes again, and this unlimited spending bullshit needs to go. This is the worse supreme court we've ever had jesus. And the senate is passing shit taking away the 4th amendment and stuff. It's republicans AND democrats. Trust me.

Havermayer

Quote from: Zaen on December 08, 2011, 11:38:15 pmAlso, Havermayer, as a representative of both Christianity and 19th century Liberalism (falsely called conservatism today), I can say he is a complete moron and jerk face. He's turning off everybody equally... I hope. Otherwise the other people are a lost cause and are blind.

The far right vote liked that though.  There's strong, strong opposition to gays/lesbians in that base. 

Pickle Girl Fanboy

If I could have just one wish, I wish that there was no money allowed in politics.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on December 09, 2011, 05:59:37 pm
If I could have just one wish, I wish that there was no money allowed in politics.

ME too. Cause Direct Democracy doesn't work either if you someone suggested that, look at california.

Kokojo

Prreeetyyy sure one example of one state of over 250 countries is not conclusive proof.

But anyway, I don't get Ron Paul fans. He's a honest guy, yes, but he's still a rightwing bloke, anti-abortions, dosen't think church should be separated from state, tss.

Meanwhile, I would prefer him to the other guy. *cough*
The one that denies the existance of some others.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

GeneralStrife

December 09, 2011, 08:39:07 pm #25 Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 08:52:55 pm by GeneralStrife
Quote from: Kokojo on December 09, 2011, 08:05:06 pm
but he's still a rightwing bloke,

Because he believes in the constitution's examples of personal liberties and values life?
Blah, whatever. There are idiots on both sides of the fence. Like the republicans AND democrats supporting SOPA. I hate those fools. Supporting that unamerican bill

Kaijyuu

It'd be great if we could somehow nuke the two party system. I'm tired of choosing between the lesser of two evils, or picking someone whom I agree with on an important issue but disagree with on a lesser one.

The whole elected officials thing inherent to republics might just be inherently broken like that, though.
  • Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Kaijyuu on December 10, 2011, 01:33:42 am
It'd be great if we could somehow nuke the two party system. I'm tired of choosing between the lesser of two evils, or picking someone whom I agree with on an important issue but disagree with on a lesser one.

The whole elected officials thing inherent to republics might just be inherently broken like that, though.

We need an independent elected
But this nation is full of sheeples

Pickle Girl Fanboy

We need people who deliberately aren't affiliated with any party, because if you are affiliated with a party, then your first loyalty is to the party, and your second loyalty (if that) is to your voters.

Plus, if an idea works, you should steal it and use it, regardless of where it came from.

Lijj

That's one reason I'm digging Ron Paul myself. He's an individualist and doesn't even really fit in with the rest of the Republicans at all. I just saw a Republican debate and he was the only one not seeming completely out of his mind; quite the opposite.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Lijj on December 16, 2011, 03:04:46 pm
That's one reason I'm digging Ron Paul myself. He's an individualist and doesn't even really fit in with the rest of the Republicans at all. I just saw a Republican debate and he was the only one not seeming completely out of his mind; quite the opposite.

Ron Paul is the only true conservative in the race, he believes in equal rights for all groups of people and limited government, because whens the last time the goverment didn't screw up?

Kaijyuu

Quote from: GeneralStrife on December 16, 2011, 08:42:28 pmwhens the last time the goverment didn't screw up?

The Clinton administration.

Well they screwed up a lot too. But less than usual.

RandMuadDib

I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0