• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:54:10 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Leveling modification(also items)

Started by Shadowblade4d4, January 12, 2019, 03:37:15 pm

Shadowblade4d4

Hey there! Not sure if the site is active. I'm trying to figure out how to level my characters super fast and max stats early on. I'm looking for inputs on how to do that?

I tried using the patcher to generate codes that make the Onion Knight master have all maxed out multipliers and growth. but even after using Bequeath Bacon on this character, he didn't get any insane stat boosts to his basic abilities.

I'm hoping for a more dramatic change, like maxing out HP, MP, and other stats early on? Some say "it takes the challenge out of the game!" I've beaten this game so many times so many ways, I have no problem going God Mode on my enemies and just enjoying the story telling.

Also, if I want to mod items and have it stick do I have to patch the actual game file for it to stick? I tried changing Germanis Boots to add more than 1 move and jump but it didn't stick with just the CWCheat code.

Any help from experienced users would be greatly appreciated! :)
  • Modding version: WotL

Nyzer

Typically people just use Gameshark codes or something for such a simple effect like maxing out EXP/JP/HP/what have you.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Shadowblade4d4

true, but I want to modify the base stats in a way that will stick without having to perpetually have the codes active, ya know?
  • Modding version: WotL

Nax

If you want to buff your characters early on, just use a save editor like Lion Editor.
If playing with PPSSPP, disable save encryption in the settings (go to memstick/PSP/SYSTEM and edit the .ini), load your game, save, rename FFTA.SYS to lioneditor.bin, edit stuff, rename to FFTA.SYS, and copy the save back.