• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:42:37 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Spriting] Alanai's Order Step 1

Started by alanai, August 29, 2011, 08:27:32 pm

alanai

August 29, 2011, 08:27:32 pm Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:39:43 am by alanai
Hello, since most of the folks around this part of the forum (or actually be honest and lets say the whole forum) do not know me I'd like to introduce myself, I am Alanai, obvious by my name. I am a good hand drawer, if I had an easel tool (for the computer compatable with paint) I would be able to directly do the sprites on the PC But because I really cant draw that well with a mouse, I will do it by hand on paper, I hope some one would be willing to help with step two which is changing the hand-drawn image into a sprite (I will draw the 6 required sides for creating the sprite (front back diagonal-back diagonal-front left and right)) I am new to drawing in the minute size of these sprites (will do it on a visable scale so dont get on my case about how it is too small XD)

Anyway heres going to be my warplan on drawing these monsters (characters):
1.) Draw the base of the sprite (the basic shapes of the body)
2.) link the shapes with simple lines
3.) smooth outline of sprite
4.) do major details (as in armor and such)
5.) do minor details (as in the eyes and hair)
6.) major fixes (what I find doesnt look right/good)
7.) minor fixes (what I mess up in the major fixes on 6.)
8.) Finalize (get rid of any smudges and what not.)
9.) Re Finalize (sending to a good spriter (Probably Lijj or some one else on the Tethical pages)
10.) await response from my spriter (whomever it is)
11.) spriter sends final product to Kivvy for final evaluation.

Projects in order of how I'd like to do them:

1.) Theif (requested by Lijj quite a while ago actually, sorry bud)
2.) Female Mustadio? (Cheetah)
3.) Tethical Format Dart
4.) Open slot
5.) Open slot
(please be aware that any character sprite (excluding monsters) will have a male and female version (their angular facing will be side by side)

Personal Projects:

1.) (Possible) Fanart of Dragoons :D (I Love that class)
2.) (Possible) Cave texture pack (for when I make my map (a mana cave)
3.) A basic monster type ( 3 varieties of the type) It will be named Sprite. (Kivvy will not have to use these but can if he wants to.)
(Droped *not enough time to sit down and hammer at it.*) Character bases (on paint) to possibly get better at using paint for drawing these guys faces.

Requests (as I might not get to them on this webpage) go to: rpgwarlord1@yahoo.com
Please be warned, I will only take a grand total of 5 requests at one time, and I will add more personal projects onto this as they come to my head.

alanai

Bump and a Note
just so you guys know I am open for texture requests, If I have the time between sprites I will do them.

Cheetah

Are you bumping for requests? Sprites are often so labor intensive that it is best to just start and show of your progress, that is what will get people interested.
Current Projects:

alanai

Quote from: Cheetah on September 01, 2011, 06:34:56 pm
Are you bumping for requests? Sprites are often so labor intensive that it is best to just start and show of your progress, that is what will get people interested.

Ah, you think so? Thanks for the tip man. Most of my sprites will actually be my hand drawings that more than likely someone else will make into the actually functional sprites though so I want ideas for what to draw.

Cheetah

Well I suppose I have a request. I have always wanted a female counter part to Mustadio so that you could create a pair of job sprites for Engineers or Snipers. I always envision a girl in overalls, short hair, and a hat (kind of like a baseball hat, they have a similar hat as equipable in FFT).

It will be nice to see what you are actually attempting either way.
Current Projects:

alanai

Quote from: Cheetah on September 01, 2011, 07:09:55 pm
Well I suppose I have a request. I have always wanted a female counter part to Mustadio so that you could create a pair of job sprites for Engineers or Snipers. I always envision a girl in overalls, short hair, and a hat (kind of like a baseball hat, they have a similar hat as equipable in FFT).

It will be nice to see what you are actually attempting either way.

Duely noted, Your request will be started soon. (i'd like to wait till I have 3 so I can have diversity on what I work on a day to day basis so it doesn't get stale and I just give up and get angry from boredom)

GeneralStrife

You know, you'd be better off moving to the spriting section mate.

Kivutar

Tethical, an online FFT clone

alanai

Quote from: GeneralStrife on September 03, 2011, 02:26:40 am
You know, you'd be better off moving to the spriting section mate.

Yea Maybe I would but I would much so rather a more exclusive crowd as this is my first spriting workshop ever, you know, lesser in critics (also an update, I had started the mustadia, but I seem to be unable to remember where I put the file (will be fun to upload ._.)

RandMuadDib

Quote from: Cheetah on September 01, 2011, 07:09:55 pm

You mean like Winry from Full Metal Alchemist?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

alanai

Quote from: RandMuadDib on September 06, 2011, 09:44:17 am
You mean like Winry from Full Metal Alchemist?

UGH! If thats what he wants imma havta watch teh FMA for episodes with her X_X

alanai

Good news! I sat down and Utterly work stomped a VERY early concept for the "theif" type class. I'd like to say that I will make changes where the requester finds necessary (denote that it says that I cant do it in paint, I feel confident now :D

PS. The breastplate is going to be chainmail eventually, I just need to learn how to do that in paint. If any one can show me an example of chainmail on this scale that is FFTesk in color and what not I will gladly try to adapt it to the theif body I am trying to make apparant.

GeneralStrife

September 06, 2011, 08:28:04 pm #12 Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:28:39 pm by GeneralStrife
That's just Vanya's spiky-headed squire.

JBab

Flan Dance!

Eternal

I think he was converting it to Tethical's frame style, guys.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

alanai

Quote from: Eternal248 on September 06, 2011, 10:19:51 pm
I think he was converting it to Tethical's frame style, guys.

Its gonna be completely different from what it is now though, I'm going to make it be all the stuff I want in this format and then i'll convert to Teth set up.

Twinees

I'd love to see a Tethical version of my Dart sprite (Request :P).

Unfortunately, it may be difficult finding someone with enough time to turn your drawings into pixel art but I'm still interested to see what you come up with.
  • Modding version: PSX

alanai

Link to original image please, I'll take up that challenge.

Twinees

Heres a link to the sprite i did.

And a link to the original character.
  • Modding version: PSX

alanai

September 07, 2011, 05:38:03 pm #19 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:41:45 am by alanai
Okay, I will start the conversion process of Dart when I have more than a night to sit down and really attack the concept of conversion.

Alrighty I'm just gonna yoink the female sprite that is already made from the Teth image source (I'm sitting down to start on Dart right now).