• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:21:40 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Need help with FFT: Plus (ASM, Testers, Publicity, Small event editing)

Started by Dome, December 25, 2011, 01:28:59 pm

Dome

- ASM Stuff:
1:
Quote from: shoruke on December 13, 2011, 10:06:47 pm
I found a game-crasher!

If you try to press square when scrolling through your list of units when applying for a proposition in a pub, the game crashes.
...I'm actually not sure if this is because of the patch or my emulator or what, but here's a screenshot anyway.

Notice that it closed off all of the dialogue boxes before crashing...

If I were to guess, I would guess that it's trying to load the unit's status page when you hit square... and then, due to the change in the bar's unit list, it's screwing up somehow.
Just a guess.

- Testers:
FFT: Plus needs a lot of playtesting, to find all the bugs/typos and errors in formatting
I need a lot of testers, testers that will nitpick everything, and anything

- Publicity
FFT: Plus needs more publicity, you can help rating, commenting and sending this video to other people (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bs55vagTYE) or just posting some video over youtube/ask someone to make a LP
TL;DR Anything that is beneficial to the spread of FFT: Plus would be very appreciated

- Small event editing
Even if everything in the FFPatcher is properly flagged/set, some sprites actually bug during events

Post if interested in at least one of those things

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Pierce

I'm happy to be a tester for you. I'm currently testing/formatting for Elric for JourneyOfThe5 already, and that's my first priority, but when I need a break from formatting over there I'll play through FFT+ and take note of anything that needs fixing. I warn you in advance though that I don't use ePSXe as an emulator, and as a result some ASMs don't work and I can't run certain patches properly. I haven't tested to see if FFT+ is one of those that doesn't work, but if it is then I'll be unable to help you at all. :)
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Dome

December 25, 2011, 04:59:31 pm #2 Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 05:51:30 pm by Dome
I'm afraid you won't be able to help me, then xD
But why you don't use it? You don't know how to configure it?
If that's the problem, I can help you setting up the emulator

Pierce

I know how to set up ePSXe, but I run on a Mac and they're not compatible. Just loaded up FFT+ though and found that it seems to work fine on my shitty emulator, so that's not an issue.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

3lric

Quote from: Dome on December 25, 2011, 01:28:59 pm
- Small event editing
Even if everything in the FFPatcher is properly flagged/set, some sprites actually bug during events

The reason this happens is because of EVTCHR, once i finish up Jot5 Chapter 1
I may be able to at the very least remove the EVTCHR for you where it is causing that to happen.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome