• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:50:53 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

★ IA Special Effects Thread (New Blood Gigas Summon)

Started by R999, June 25, 2010, 04:41:48 am

R999

Thanks for posting these. Now I finally understood why nobody's making these... it's a very time consuming process... makes me wish at least SNESPAL worked with keyboard controls but nope!!  

I don't get how the HEX editing works though (and, apparently copying Hex Values from winhex pasting over to Excel produces one whole line by itself.  Which would still be hard to do edits automatically (like incrementing all the rows). Hmm... not good.

Btw, it looks like we can put the Crush Punch Sword into Lightning Stab's effect, which could be very interesting.

R999

Zodiac was able to extract the effect image / palette and reimport it back successfully, and even managed to get the shape looking right. But I think there was an import errror of some sort that was preventing it from working properly.

See attachment for the rip.

[attachment=0:xel2ka8v]E166-1.BMP[/attachment:xel2ka8v]

[attachment=1:xel2ka8v]E166.BMP[/attachment:xel2ka8v]

^ My recoloring and new glowing bolts.

Update: Screenshot ingame

Left: My Edit.  Right: Original(?)

Edit: New Holy Stasis Sword (with Holy Kanji and small edits)

R999

New Holy Sword effect! (using Stasis sword as base)

Old stuff.

^ Problem was because I replaced the wrong file, I think.

Edit: New Attempt... this time the right file,

Don't know what could be wrong with this.

Zozma

whoa! i need my internet back asap this is great!

can you do me a favor and test this out on two things? can you make and test a Green version of speed ruin and a blue version of seal (the version with the red rings) these ones didn't change properly by my old method and im wondering if this one will work
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Zozma

Just letting you know, I do not have internet at home or even have access to my pc at the moment so I will be temporarily absent. Fortunately special effects don't need to be done right away, if you need any more just list them or list the skill and what it does and maybe ill think of something good to go with it. Ill be back as soon as my i get all my things organized at my new home.

R999

Oh I see.  I didn't know you were moving!

According to Zodiac the Effect files have different types like Sprites are, and it was suspected that this is the reason for game crashes (due to type difference when replacing another effect of a different type).

It would be helpful if you can list out the experiences that you have had in the past -- which one crashes what and which one works with what, for example. Zodiac may never find a solution to this problem so we might still eventually have to stick with keeping the same types.

Zozma

summons and draw outs only seem to work in their own specific slots... as well as special effects such as scorpio and virgo revive or the stone transformations etc. those seem to be the most specific crashes/freezes that i know of

R999

Have you tested a Draw Out effect used in place of a Summon effect bin?

Zozma

no but nothing else i put in there seems to work properly so i assumed they didnt as well

Lijj

Blood Gigas(Lich's summon) featured in FFXII:

Actual Effect in seq.(9frames)

• Modding version: PSX

Zozma

Lijj

R999

This is looking fantastic. Very glad to see the [s:bp3gx7zd]improved[/s:bp3gx7zd] Much improved shoulder shading, as I suspected the gradient needed to be smoothed out. The red highlights unfortunately while are stilled and opague (rather than transparent), does make the edges seem much better when the screen turns blue -- good job on that! The magma effect looks great. It'll look perfect if you could clean up the corners of the the effect. Updated front page. I'll go make a video when you fix the pattern.

Oh you might also want to recolor this  

to Red perhaps?

Lijj

[attachment=0:1v5vcqxk]firewall2.png[/attachment:1v5vcqxk]
I made a tessellated fire using "smart images" so now the background pattern repeats seamlessly.

Sure I can change that.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I meant "Smart Objects"--which rule

Eternal

Some screenshots I took of the Blood Gigas' summoning.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

R999

As promised, video up!

Actually the texture gives it a rocky like feel, which fits well with Lich's design, even though it didn't turned out to be as smooth as I had hoped before.

While it does not look as colorful as other summons -- but this is really good enough. He looks almost identical to the FF12 model.