• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Shishi Sprite Editor. I just cannot figure this out.

Started by ArkthePieKing, August 19, 2013, 12:55:25 am

ArkthePieKing

So I'm trying to add a custom sprite into the game. (The Red Mage sprites on this very site.) And I click IMPORT.BMP, import it into the job I want (Calculator), and then after that I absolutely, positively, cannot figure out how to patch the damn thing into the game. There are, like, no options at all. I've been working on this for the last 3 hours, and no amount of google searches has found anything yet. Can someone please provide this simple answer? I would be forever indebted to you.

Edit: Even the tutorial I found assumes you know that much. It's like I can't win lol...

Eternal

Once you import the sprite, it's done. You don't need to patch it or anything.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

ArkthePieKing

Well that explains that. However I'm trying to follow the guide to changing battle formation sprites, and when I open the UNIT and WILDFACE images in FFTEVGRP after pulling them out with CDMage it still shows up as vanilla Calc. Am I missing something?

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

ArkthePieKing

Nah, I figured it out. I got confused/scared when I first opened the files and it wasn't Red Mage. I never really thought that if they had been Red Mage then I wouldn't need to go through more work. After a couple more hours I finally got it working! :D