• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:08:17 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

silentkaster

Quote from: dw6561 on October 28, 2015, 11:56:48 am
Hey can I request a match with my two newest teams? I'd like to see them in action, especially the oil one because I spent forever trying to get the chemists to spam hawk's eye.

Good job with the matches guys!

I'm actually going to create a sister team to Link: The Faces of Evil (everyone should know the sister team I'm going to make's title.) It might be perfect to go up against that...(should be up in the next hour or two...)
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

silentkaster

Alright, finished the team. Very odd, weird team ha ha! (But so is the game.)

Andrew

I'm only using active players now.  Enjoy!

FFT Arena 1.39c: dw6561 (Obligatory Fire Absorb Team - Red)  -=VS=-  CT5Holy (Mimewat - Blue)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Mudvayne (Caster Chix - Yellow)  -=VS=-  Reks (Til Death Do Us Part 2 - White)

FFT Arena 1.39c: fpkfor (Yourtooslow - Blue)  -=VS=-  Barren (Risk vs Reward - Green)

The rounds will always go as follows:

Round 1 = medium-sized maps
Round 2 = large/small-sized maps
Tiebreaker = medium-sized maps

The maps are randomly-selected (www.random.org) from a modified list of the maps that Gaignun deemed worthy in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8608.0.

I randomize who fights who, as well.  Once an active player is selected, I then randomly pick one of their teams, unless there's some sort of exception, of course.  If somebody has a request, I will fulfil it to the best of my ability.

I know that this results in some one-sided matches, but there are also some pairings that people may have not thought of before that prove to be interesting!  If there are some teams that people would like to see removed from the pool, then we can talk about it.

Zalmo won't like this one bit, but... RNGesus is the true god.  Sorry to break it to ya, man.

(Also, I'm always updating the memory card generator's team list, which can be downloaded in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11117.0.)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3RK1n2ZPqxk8wZdG8-wyng (Can't get a custom URL yet.)
- Additional team information can be found on YouTube in the description section for each match.
- The embedded videos only run in 720p30.  If you want 720p60, you will have to watch them on YouTube.

• Modding version: PSX

Barren

Luck was definitely on your side there. Had my deaths hit I would have won no problem. I wonder if maybe my units need a bit more defense? I'll have to figure that part out. Until then, GG

FFT Arena 1.39c - dw6561 (Oiled Again) vs silentkaster (Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon)

FFT Arena 1.39c - dw6561 (Obligatory FIre Absorb) vs Andrew (Unlikely Pairings Episode 7)

Kurosabes

Wait, Hawk's Eye considers weapon element? I really thought otherwise. That is what actually turned things around in R1.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Andrew

Your squires definitely need some sort of offensive summon (or two).  I love your paladins, though... don't see too many Phoenix Blade users, and they definitely use that weapon well!  This is the old version of my team, though.  GG.

Ah, it's the old version of Episode 07!  Truth be told, I liked it, but as soon as I found out how to make units use Mind/Power Ruin, I just had to switch out those oracles (who were essentially just magical versions of Episode 01's mediators).  In addition to Heal not curing Berserk (?), I've noticed that Sinkhole is Dark elemental!  Lol.  Thanks for the match, Barren... garden of statues FTW, indeed.

dw6561

October 28, 2015, 05:58:05 pm #4547 Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 06:10:22 pm by dw6561

Okay I am 100% sure I gave the squires ultima. Why did they not use it? I am extremely upset about that. Ultima is one of their main things, and the squire's main offense.

EDIT: I checked. The squires do indeed have Ultima, it's the first skill listed. Is there like a glitch with the team import or something? I don't mean to sound accusatory but I just can't watch it without the right skills.

This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Shintroy

Reflect/Status vs Status/Jump Team
Looks one sided on paper since it's a 3v4 due to one of my units uses reflect-able magic.

R1 - Starts off somewhat evenly. Charm turned out more effective than Death Sentence in the end though.

R2 - Always fun to see an auto potion unit get affected by Zombie. No way to come back from the my only anti status unit getting petrified.

GG. Should've updated the team before reposting it. Would've replaced the Reks inspired Talk Skill Squire with Squire/Oracle or at least given her Refute instead of DS since the team was supposed to be all about getting jump off. Lancers also don't make the best damaging jump units due to their speed and not having access to clothes. Maybe a thief, Dancer or Monk with equip spear? Who knows.

Fast Balanced team vs No idea
Betting on fpk.

R1 - Starts off even but fpk manages to pull off a triple play like combo making it heavily in his favor. Barren does come back due to insane luck with RNG having both his undead units get up immediately. Great comeback by RNG. I still want to have Cursed Ring buffed up to 50% revival despite this disgusting display of RNG.

R2 - Looked easy for fpk due to his archer having the high ground and being able to close out the round before the undead rng kicked in.

R3 - Death and HP restore gave Barren a great start, but fpk quickly turned it around due to the thief getting taken out by an archer double turn and the time mage wasting turns healing herself with death.

GG. Would definitely not have gone to a 3rd round if it wasn't for the rng in round 1. It's always interesting to see how a team reacts to zombie ambushes.

Good stuff all.
Some day my people will be free.

Barren

I checked with the importing, apparently ultima doesn't get imported automatically. I'm sorry about that dw. I did not realize that ultima wasn't tagged. I fixed it as of now

dw6561

Thanks Barren. I was kind of heated up when I typed up that last thing, so again, no offense intended.

My samurai had a really bad starting location on round 1. I would blame the map there, but it seems like my team just isn't doing enough damage. That was hilarious though, with the hawk's eye hitting my other chemist. If only my asura knife, attack up, berserked, warpath samurai attacked the male archer while he was oiled...we would have probably seen a 999. I warned ya.

I wanted to go with something like the tons + oil (+innocent) combo, but I wanted uniqueness at the same time. So I went with a draw out geo.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Heroebal

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match 4: Winner of Match 3 vs Fenire (High Ground) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJGOX65sxgo

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match 5: Winner of Match 4 vs Mudvayne (We Love The Undead) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKRrQI_TP5A

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match 6: Winner of Match 5 vs Heroebal (Heretics) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLW_RaD7Mi4

I have a headset now I'll see about trying to add some commentary for the next set of videos. The volume might be a little low on the a couple video's b/c it was night time and I didn't want to wake ppl up when I was recording (I think the headset might also resolve that issue in the future I think.)

Shintroy

I really like that format Heroebal. Haven't watched any of the videos yet but I like to see
fpk, or any high end team running through teams. The inevitable defeat of fpk's team is definitely making things interesting. Will that team be a greater evil or just a good match up against that type of team? Who knows, but
It's different and I'll definitely go back and watch all these matches after today's world series game is over. Keep it up Heroebal I'll be back.

silentkaster

Thanks for the match Barren!

I think sometimes the AI screw up when it uses projectiles. On occasion, you'll see the AI charge up something involving a projectile THEN move causing the entire move to fail. Sorry that happened to you DW :( But in any case, I think keeping that Samurai out of commission and berserking that Geo won me round 1. Round 2 was weird since your chemists didn't really feel like sandbagging when they could have helped out your Geo and Samurai. I guess I got lucky there.

Kurosabes

Wow, strong debuts from our latest newcomers. First Andrew, and now fpk tearing through everything. I am looking forward to more of this.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Shintroy

Soul Squad (Balanced Team) vs Episode 3 (unorthodoxed Earth Absorb)
My money goes to Soul Squad but Andrew's team looks like it packs the damage.

R1 - Monk... comet bots... Whatever works bro. Looked like Corosar was going to take after the Bahamut, but that Earth Dragon damage was ridiculous. 100% accurate, ranged damage looks too strong for Corosar's low mobility team

R2 - Same deal as round 1, but Corosar putting up more of a fight. Holy not 1 shotting is hurting Corosar's team more than it is Andrew's.

GG

Episode 3 (unusual earth absorb) vs fpk4's fast earth absorb team
Earth absorb vs Earth absorb.... Fpk's bound to win due to having superior speed and non earth damage sources

R1 - Oh so fpk's team isn't entirely earth absorb? That is news to me. Andrew easily takes out the non earth absorb units, but in turn easily goes down to fpk's earth absorb units

R2 - Same deal as R1 but the monks of Andrew's team actually decided to be monks and the scholars started using Bio.

R3 - Insane opening by fpk taking out two units, but Andrew manages to get a double kill with bio. Things didn't end well for Andrew only because his team's main source of damage is earth based. Close one for fpk here.

I read about fpk being the first to take out Thieves Guild already

Balanced Team vs anti absorb
My money's always on fpk I won't do pregame comments until he loses since it's a waste of time.

R1 - Man you don't get to see many successful archers, but when you do it's a treat to see jus thow much they can change a game from getting one hti at the start. Anyway, Fenire's team doesn't recover from fpk's archer putting the ninja into critical at the start.

R2 - The worst map to watch in the game, but damn I did not expect to see a perfect done is such great fashion. Superb team you have there fpkfor.

GG for fpk. I love it.

Fast  balanced team vs We Love the Undead (Anti Zombie)
As much as I love Zombie inflicting teams, I'm begging on fpk to take it yet again.

R1 - Fpk's archer showcasing how an OHKO archer can affect an entire team's pacae at the very start of the match. Mudvayne's team does not recover.

R2 - Same deal here. Fpk's team takes the fight out of a match by making the other team's strategy useless from turn one. The other team didn't even get to play here. A near perfect by fpk this time too.

GG for fpk here. This is a great video for the need for the elemental gun buff. This archer displays just how inferior guns are to bows now that they have less range and are forced two hands.

fpk vs a strange balanced team(?)

R1 - Looks like fpk has some competition since Heroebal got first blood. Really clutch geomancer you have there Heroebal. She alone managed to keep you in R1 by avoiding 3 fatal attacks. fpk manages to close out the match after a long drawn out 4v3. Good job lasting that long Heroebal. If your priest didn't waste those turns trying to heal the geomancer there's no telling what would've happened.

R2 - Welp.

GG. Great first round.

Probably missed an inning or two but it was a great watch.
GL to future battle royal teams

silentkaster

This was an awesome match. Had me saying, "Ohhhhhh!" like 100 times. Highly recommend it if you don't have time to watch every match. This one is worth your time.

I may just not have been paying attention to other Hawk's Eyes as much, but I thought it was a non-elemental attack. Clearly not, as I wondered why the Mediator would move to block the shot until I realized she absorbed it (at the cost of Poison/Oiling herself.) That's part of the reason I stick it on my elemental bow using Archers but now I'm going to need to change that. Have I just been that dense or is this something everyone knew? Regardless, it should be updated in the Master Guide.

fpkfor

I just hope the dark absorb team im creating can be as good as my current team, cause this is the only game where my team building is not terrible, and i did not just luck out on creating that team, and before anyone asks, the only reason im not putting my two cents is because i dont think i have the experience yet to improve the team in question

Heroebal

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match 7: Winner of Match 6 vs Silentkaster (Monty Python's Paladins) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz0rX63IuWo

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match 7: W of M6 vs silentkaster part 2 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB1sEgyAcFI

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #8: Winner of Match 7 vs Barren (Risk and Reward) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-dy7iwy20U

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #8: W of M7 vs Barren part 2 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpX4dNiAmEM

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #9: Winner of match 8 vs Andrew (Unlikely Pairings- Episode 1) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvSHghFDv5o

These are my first go at adding commentary to the matches, hopefully you guys can hear me I'm still messing with getting the microphone volume to be heard. Any advice/suggestions on commentating will be welcomed.  Also some of the matches are split because I can't do past 15 minutes I have to figure how to fix that. One of the recordings I got interrupted and had to help with some errands so had to split it anyhow.

fpkfor

Had to happen eventualy, its nice that i lost to silentkaster since i dethroned one of his teams, dont have anything more to say, GG