• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:25:44 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Can't wait :_:

Started by Hyraldelita, December 04, 2015, 05:33:45 pm

3lric

Quote from: RJ Cid on October 25, 2016, 11:27:30 am
Any new screen shots you could post to get us hyped---> :shock:?

Maybe post a crazy screen shot and refuse to offer any information, leaving the rest of the forum to speculate? It would give us something to talk about.

I did used to do this, and even have not long ago, but the turnout is never more than one or two people who actually comment.
  • Modding version: PSX

Guru

Quote from: Elric on October 26, 2016, 10:27:33 am
I did used to do this, and even have not long ago, but the turnout is never more than one or two people who actually comment.

Those 1-2 ppl always enjoy them though! I'm sure there is a ton of ppl who just don't comment too. But yeah no big deal if you'd rather not, I'm just glad to hear progress has been going well. Don't really care how long it takes either. Just plz put a spear in the remastered ch1 so I can do some Dante dragoon pwnage

3lric

You will have access to atleast one of every weapon type in the rerelease of ch1

i will look thru my unlisted videos tonight and come up with something confusing to show you guys lol

As promised. This video is older, and the script and event have been updated to fix a few issues, but mostly cosmetic stuff.

So yeah, here is something that will confuse you out of context

Argy

Great event Elric, as always! I love being confused!! So many questions just out of that 1 event!! As the title says 'can't wait!'
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

KingUrameshi

It is no doubt great work that you guys are doing. Not only is the story original and well paced (at least for chapter 1) but there are a ton of little details that really help to expand the world of Ivalice. Adding many fine details that will no doubt impact the story is the trademark of an excellent writer. Keep up the good work everybody and as always please take your time.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

KingUrameshi

October 27, 2016, 02:04:25 pm #85 Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 05:37:06 pm by KingUrameshi
Edit. For some reason the buttons for different actions do not work but I figured it out. I is so smart.

So to speculate I assume Dante is referring to
the Master Sword when he says Link's sword. As the Master Sword dispels evil it might suggest some kind of curse or evil barrier might be in place. I don't know what a tournament might have to do with anything but I always love tourneys. As for the Master Sword being an equip for Link I would guess it would be his ultimate weapon late in the game and it would be cool if they did something similar to what was done in Chrono Trigger with the Masamune. I hope we get a chance to actually play through a tournament with some cool effects like healing statues or other terrain effects.

~Yusuke Urameshi~

Guru

You should spoiler tag that KingUrameshi before the spoiler free ppl get mad  ;) (I just noticed your name too, is that from YuYu?)

Yeah I completely agree though, this looks badass!

:shock: so much going on here lol. LOVE tournaments! Round 3... so round 5 should be the final showdown. And who is this prick with Link's sword, and how the hell did he manage that!? So good possibility he is from link's world, I don't think Dark Link is gonna appear here so not sure who it would be... I was thinking the same thing about the master sword, although he does have a TON of swords. Plus not just anyone can wield he master sword. Maybe it's the wooden sword  :mrgreen:

I always liked the idea of having to work for ultimate weapons too, instead of: here, take an OP orlandu who happens to be the best character in the game, and comes with one of the best weapons too!.

gotta love the dante and snake dialog too.

KingUrameshi

I would imagine it might be someone
from Ivalice who either ended up with the sword, stole it or was lent to the guy for some unknown reason. Possibly they need this person for some reason but I would put it on they just ended up with it and since Link and Ramza are such good guys they are having a hard time asking for it back.

Really looking forward to this especially since most developers seem to only care about money or recycling the same idea over and over again. The curse of playing a little bit (lot) of everything.

3lric

Thats the nice thing about being a non funded team, we dont have to worry about schedules or moving quickly while sacrificing story. Though we do hate keeping people waiting, which is the only reason i tend to post things when asked.

You all have some interesting thoughts here, im enjoying reading them.

Guru

Yeah I definitely considered that too.

I thought it may have been found by somebody, or it might even be the cloaked stranger pulling strings again. Maybe he gave the weapon to somebody, and then played the puppeteer to bring everybody to the tournament.

Or it's gilgamesh lol. He is kinda a prick.

Yeah no worries Elric, that's exactly what makes this so damn good. I'd much rather sacrifice time, than quality.

Valus

In regards to the video posted:

I think that it's the Master Sword as well since it's his most iconic weapon, but whoever has it is probably not who we think it is. The Master Sword can't be used by just anyone, so my guess it's another hero worthy of it. Kinda like Thor's hammer, only someone worthy of it can wield it. So I'm going to guess it's someone like Crono or Glenn who has it for whatever reason.

KingUrameshi

Keep in mind
that they called him a prick also. I always imagined that Chrono's personality could be a prick, like someone who smoked mad weed and generally didn't give a shit. Not really a prick but a prick non the less.

3lric

Quote from: KingUrameshi on October 28, 2016, 03:05:14 pm
like someone who smoked mad weed and generally didn't give a shit.

You just described me...

KingUrameshi

Hyraldelita

this comment will be useless but... --------------- > ahahhahahahahahahhahahah lol

Guru

Ha I never thought of it like that, it would explain why he is so quiet in the game. "Yeah! We did it! We saved the world!"

Xifanie

Mr. Guru, you see, this is a forum for humans. And there is no doubt that you are, in fact, a towel.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Guru

Yur a towel!

If I was a towel, why would I be wearing this hat and fake mustache?

Angel

I really wish we had an upvote system for posts right now. Guru++
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Pandemoniu

Quote from: Elric on October 27, 2016, 01:37:58 am
You will have access to atleast one of every weapon type in the rerelease of ch1

i will look thru my unlisted videos tonight and come up with something confusing to show you guys lol

As promised. This video is older, and the script and event have been updated to fix a few issues, but mostly cosmetic stuff.

So yeah, here is something that will confuse you out of context

Ohh, a Tournament. I love me some tournament scenes/events/gameplay. This gonna be fun! Looking forward to it.  :mrgreen:

Quote from: Valus on October 28, 2016, 12:28:29 pm
In regards to the video posted:

I think that it's the Master Sword as well since it's his most iconic weapon, but whoever has it is probably not who we think it is. The Master Sword can't be used by just anyone, so my guess it's another hero worthy of it. Kinda like Thor's hammer, only someone worthy of it can wield it. So I'm going to guess it's someone like Crono or Glenn who has it for whatever reason.

The "prick" in question wielding the Master Sword actually being a worthy Hero in truth would be a good way to go about it, especially if he/she showed their true worth by giving the Master Sword to Link after all is said and done, regardless of any other outcomes, recognizing Link as its rightful owner/wielder.

Of course, this is assuming that "Link's Sword" in question is the Master Sword, but it'd be a nice progression if it happens to turn out that way, as far as I'm concerned. I always like to see when someone has a better sense of integrity than may be initially apparent.