• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:52:19 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Journey of the Five FAQ + Q/A.

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, April 21, 2013, 02:37:17 am

Guru

Haha had lots of free time this week. Ramza is at 70  :shock: Once she got move+2 it was pretty easy. Long as an enemy was standing she was attacking. Think I'm all done testing everything out now lol :mrgreen: got my builds all figured out depending on what you throw at us anyways. Must be doing something right them monsters are becoming beasts and I'm still able to handle most of em at high levels with low lvl equipment. Long as I don't run into 4+ chocobos I'm usually good. Awesome game guys I'm loving it can't wait for re-release and ch2!

Hyraldelita

well!! FFT mechanich does allow you to reach lvl 99 with nearly no problem in the first map without even reaching eagrose castle if are persistent, i did it a couple of time MANY ears ago xD

But as i said it take a lot of time, and you have to be carefull with what class you choose, but after you unlock some "Key" skills you become pretty much hard to kill for monsters and human enemies.

I think in jot5 is lot harder to do this , since monsters are totally stronger then vanilla.

But the mechanich and AI is mostly the same, so yea if you get the hang of it, you can do it ^^ it only need lots of patience XD

Still got my respect for lvl 70 hhaha

DaHammerCrush

has anyone unlocked Mime? I've seen it on the weapons and/or armor as an option but haven't been able to get it unlocked. lvl 8/8 squire chemist doesn't do it.

Crush

Guru

no that's the only class i didn't unlock. I don't think anyone has yet, at least no one posted anything. I did read somewhere(maybe the wiki?) that it was 6 levels of all classes. Might be better to wait for the new jp system on the re-release to try and unlock it.

DeJ

November 04, 2016, 02:31:22 pm #64 Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 02:40:08 pm by Xifanie
Hidden Skills

Hey Elric and co. -

I have a question regarding Ramza in the new re-release. I know he is able to learn hidden abilities upon being hit by them, Ikanagi Shock comes to mind.
I love this feature in the game, adds a different element to a battle in which you're able to learn a new skill, it also creates a missable which can drive a completionist mad!

My questions are:
1) Do you plan to have additional secret learnable skills upon being hit? I haven't played the most recent version in awhile and I can't seem to remember if there are additional lined slots in the ability list.

2) If the character is able to learn a secret skill, will it be denoted in the skill list with the aforementioned line? - which of course is a red flag for a gamer.

3) Are there plans to incorporate hidden skills for any other characters (besides Ramza of course) or generics or even monsters (if this is possible)?

I completely understand if you do not want to reveal this information - for the sake of maintaining the wonderment, magic and surprise of starting act 1, scene 1 in a familiar but  brand new (and better) FFT, which Jot5 is and will be.

Thanks all and keep up the great work!  :mrgreen:
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

November 04, 2016, 09:28:31 pm #65 Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:41:49 pm by nyzer
QuoteI love this feature in the game, adds a different element to a battle in which you're able to learn a new skill, it also creates a missable which can drive a completionist mad!

None of those abilities will be missable by the end of the game, though they are indeed missable in Ch. 1.

Quote2) If the character is able to learn a secret skill, will it be denoted in the skill list with the aforementioned line? - which of course is a red flag for a gamer.

Of course. I don't think there's currently any way to not have that happen, actually.

Quote3) Are there plans to incorporate hidden skills for any other characters (besides Ramza of course) or generics or even monsters (if this is possible)?

The way Monsters are designed, it's not possible to make them learn new spells. It'd also kind of defeat the purpose of their existence. Jot5 Monsters are designed to be powerful units that know their full suite of abilities without any grinding, and the tradeoff for that is they can't get overpoweringly strong the way human units can.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

I've removed a few things from Nyzers post. We've always held firm on fans getting their own info and sharing it around the site. All I will say is if the things from your post are what you are hoping for then you will be happy with the final product.

Here's a video to take everyones mind off the fact that I had to admin all over nyzers post

also sorry about the lag, it wasnt recorded on the best device

Hyraldelita

ahhahaha what cloud said , it make me laugh like an idiot XD Bad experience with ruby weapon man?XD

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Hyraldelita on November 05, 2016, 09:19:20 am
ahhahaha what cloud said , it make me laugh like an idiot XD Bad experience with ruby weapon man?XD

God I hated Ruby. Even after beating the living hell out of Emerald without breaking a sweet I just couldn't get around Ruby Weapon.

Cloud + 4xCut + Mega All = Dead Emerald Weapon. :P
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Guru

Awesome, freakin love cactuars. I hope they are as badass as they are in the other ff series games. Since this is JOT5 we are talking about, I putting my money down that they will be even better. Theres so many of them... this is gonna be a tough fight actually lol. Wonder if you can invite one or if you can learn any special abilities for the animist...
Dante and Snake need a sequel lol they crack me up
Also you may want to edit it out that you had to admin nyzer's post. I can still guess what was mentioned   ;)

Which one was ruby? The one that could eliminate two of the party members? Oh that was my favorite one actually haha, loved the intense 1v1 battle.

Xifanie

Quote from: KingUrameshi on November 05, 2016, 09:47:38 am
Cloud + 4xCut + Mega All = Dead Emerald Weapon. :P

What's the point of that combination? I forgot if Slash-All has a restricted number of uses (through Mega-All), but either way, it's 4x-Cut OR Slash-All, so I don't see the point of using both?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Nyzer

QuoteI can still guess what was mentioned

Guessing's fine! I didn't mention anything that you can't already find out from the current Ch. 1 release anyway. :P

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Xifanie on November 06, 2016, 01:14:32 am
What's the point of that combination? I forgot if Slash-All has a restricted number of uses (through Mega-All), but either way, it's 4x-Cut OR Slash-All, so I don't see the point of using both?

When I equipped 4x cut and Mega all the battle menu would show 4x cut but also act as slash all. Broken as all hell. Slash all did not have a number of uses. Pretty sure I did not need them equipped together either just have them both equipped on the same character. Surprised me to when I was hitting everything Emerald had to offer 4x for 9999 each time. All this and still couldn't beat Ruby.

3lric

O_o

Just go into the fight with two people dead, then once Ruby puts both hands in the ground left him kill the remaining char (and have final attack + phoenix, or just use Phoenix lol)

Then just mime Hades + KotR, and thats' it, battle will be won in no time.

KingUrameshi

Thanks for the help Elric, if I get back into it I will give that a try with Hades. My problem was that my summons weren't up to snuff I think and I only had one Mime. I tried not to break the game too much but ended up OP anyway.

My problem was using the ultimate weapons which gave no materia growth.

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

KingUrameshi

LMFAO!! Serves the big red douchebag right!. Excellent work Xif. Your on my team from now on. lol

Love how you got Spike in there. :cool:

I guess Cait Sith was just there to look pretty.

DeJ

@ Nyzer, thanks for the response man. Appreciate it.

@ Elric, thanks for sharing this sweet event. I also love the Ruby Weapon reference.

The subtleties, among many other things, is what truly makes this Mod amazing!

Keep up the good work!

Much love!

Hyraldelita

I killed emerald in so many different ways that i can't even remember , but yea red was boring, but still i never had problem killing it... i mean there are so many kind of counter and combination you can do, that you can do a fullcure everytime you get hit, and drain Mp everytime you do damage, which mean immortality if you don't get hit for 9999.. but well FF7 it's still one of the best game ever in my opinion, specially the materia system.

ZalbaagBeoulve

....hey.....this forum thread seemed really good and I was wondering if it could be sort of an "AMA" thread...? I'm really sorry about geeking out on this but I feel like I could ask SO MANY QUESTIONS but I don't know if it's a bad thing since people are obviously busy. I only just finished the first fight on the world map so I'm guessing maybe I should just wait till I finish everything and then ask questions (Answers to my questions might become available later in the game)? If not......the thing that looked like a rabbit on Bariaus Hill TOTALLY reminded me of the Mystics from "The Dark Crystal". Should I be expecting lots of references in this game as it's based on a multitude of classic games and genres? Again, totally cool if questions need to be kept to a minimum or delayed till the game has been finished (I'm just very excited). Also, it is slightly more difficult than I expected and that's great :)