• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:03:19 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

WotL Slowdown Removal Patch

Started by endrift, February 22, 2012, 02:21:59 pm

Eternal

I made KO for the PSX version, didn't make a PSP version, so that likely has to do with it.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

IparryU

ok... makes sense now. feel dumb, but at least i got closure...

so... now to trouble shoot 1.3.1.0 ... it is not an issue with me applying the proper patch but I am going to start from scratch and make sure i DL all the right patches again...

IparryU

Ok, so i got my PSX version to work... some programs dont like scratched CDs, but below is what I did:
1. Ripped my scratched cd with PsOneISOMakerPRO_v01 (if you click something else it looks like it freezes but do what you gotta do and it will finish)
2. tested ISO with ePSXe.v1.6.0
3. patched ISO with 1.3.0.6 using PPF-O-Matic3.0
4. Tested again with ePSXe.v1.6.0
5. copied to PSP (1000 CFW 6.60 ME 1.6) and forgot to enable game categories in my plugins... minor barrier
6. saw what I saw on the PSX emulator and am now happy

Now I want to get my WOTL working... still cant get it working from my last post. I ripped the ISO straight from my PSP to my PC and also tried ripping to my memsick in the PSP... file ends up at 406MB and when i patch it the game just gets a black screen then turns off... no issue before the patch... so it must be when I am going from UMD to ISO...

I would like to play the WOTL version as there is apparently a few more extra stuffs in that...

IparryU

Got it done. The mistake was :oops: when I ripped the UMD making the file a tad bit shorter.

About to start when the kids go to sleep.

tsukasa102

Alright, not sure what i'm doing wrong here... (Trying this out)

-I have an .ISO of the game on my PSP (Not the disc copy)

-I made the "SEPLUGIN" folder on my Hacked PSP 3000 (With Custom Firmware)
-I made the "GAME.TXT" (A Text Document)
-Typed in "ms0:/SEPLUGINS/livepatch.prx 1" into the "GAME.TXT" document
-Made a folder named "livepatch"
-Put the "livepatch.prx" in there.
-put the "fftpsp" folder in there.

Next steps, Anyone? [Would Really Appreciate it]
Tried following the guide... but i'm obviously doing something wrong/ not understanding.

Thank you :3

What do I do next?

xist

Quote from: tsukasa102 on April 07, 2012, 09:56:47 pm

Tried following the guide... but i'm obviously doing something wrong/ not understanding.

Thank you :3

What do I do next?

You're not even following the readme in the package....

Quote....create a folder called livepatch at the
root of your memory stick and put the file livepatch.prx inside this folder.

Next, you must ensure there is a folder in the root of the memory stick called
seplugins. If it does not exist, create it.

Open seplugins/GAME.TXT (you must create the file if it doesn't exist already)
and add a line:

ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1

Then the patches go in that livepatch folder. You're placing things somewhat arbitrarily and expecting them to work, rather than actually following the readme that comes with the package...

tsukasa102

Quote from: xist on April 08, 2012, 11:18:24 am
You're not even following the readme in the package....

Then the patches go in that livepatch folder. You're placing things somewhat arbitrarily and expecting them to work, rather than actually following the readme that comes with the package...

I'm not arbitrarily placing things, i'm probably not reading the guide correctly, as that is what i'm going off of.

-I fixed my "GAME.txt" I now have "ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1"
-Placed the "fftpsp" folder in the "livepatch" folder (that contains the patches)

Works like a charm. My problem was within the "GAME.txt" I had everything else placed properly.

Thank you very much xist! =3 Im FINALLY able to enjoy a really great RPG game on my psp, Kudos to you man ;D

tsukasa102

How to install:

-First off, have some form of custom firmware (LCFW pro update 6.60 is a good start, what I'm using)
-Download the packages mentioned on the first page.
-Go to to the root menu of your PSP (This would be the "COMPUTER>(Whatever Removable disc the PSP is counted for) (I.e. Computer>Removable Disk: (I))
-Make two folders, one named "SEPLUGINS" and one named "livepatch"
-Take the package that has the "livepatch.prx" on it, and stick it in the "livepatch" folder
-Now in the "SEPLUGINS" folder, make a ".txt" document named "GAME" and in it, write the line "ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1" (Copy and paste from here)
-Put the acquired "fftpsp" folder in the "livepatch" folder
-Try it out, (It should work, as it does for me)
:mrgreen:

KoLAddict

April 08, 2012, 08:24:49 pm #108 Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:12:55 pm by KoLAddict
I've got everything setup and have the patches installed, Livepatch active in my plugins, and everything but it's not working for me.

This is the first time I've done anything with the firmware on my PSP. Is there suppose to be any sort of notification on screen when I boot the game up to let me know if the patch is active? Not sure what else I can do to get it working.

EDIT: Ok I got it working. For some reason the unstretch patch isn't working with the slowness one for me. When I deleted the strech one, the slowness patch started working.

Dchen40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7stkSsobPM&feature=youtu.be

Hello there to my fellow Tactics lovers. I've followed this video 100%, but it still doesn't work. Aside from turning annotations on because I don't know what those are or how to turn it on.

I got my PSP from a friend so I don't know what CFW I have and he has forgot. It's a FFVII 10th anniversary PSP if you guys need to know.

KoLAddict

I think you're the same person from the GameFAQs board that posted in my topic about this too. I'll post my answer here as well, not sure which site you check more.

Go to Settings->System Settings->System Information. The System Software Version is what your OFW is. OFW is official firmware, which is what Sony's updated the PSP with. CFW is custom firmware, which requires a software modification to do for the PSP. Odds are you have the official firmware, which is why the patch isn't working. You'd need to install custom firmware to do that. I'm new here so not sure what the site's rules are in regards to the modification of the system, but if you check my thread on GameFAQs that you posted in, someone there helped me out a lot with it and I was able to get the system modded with the info they provided.

Dchen40

April 09, 2012, 12:15:30 am #111 Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:40:36 pm by Dchen40
My custom firmware is 5.00 M33-6, just in case someone wants to help me on here. Livepatch does work with ISOs right?

defunct32

Phew! Finally, my account got activated although I've been trying for so long in getting myself registered ... anyways. I just wanna say:

1) It works wonderfully; 6.60 ME-1.6 & 6.60 PRO-B10, PSP 2000 & 3000 respectively
2) No slowdown or lag and it works for both Melee and Rendezvous (Multiplayer)

Been having a blast, so thank you for making the patch! Although it has been a very long time since I last played this game did anyone noticed if it's normal for the save screen (on the World Map) to be laggy or suffered from framerate issue? It saves fine though so no problem just curious.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention that I am using an ISO file to play this.

Dchen40

I have 6.60 ME-1.8 on my PSP 2000 and I cannot get it to work. I have a livepatch folder with the livepatch.prx file and fftpsp folder in it. Also have the seplugins folder with the game.txt reading: ms0:/livepatch.livepatch.prx 1

Can you please tell me how you did it and/or if you did anything differently? Are we supposed to activate something on the Recovery Menu or VSH Menu for it to work?

defunct32

April 11, 2012, 12:18:36 pm #114 Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:24:22 pm by defunct32
Quote from: Dchen40 on April 11, 2012, 11:53:23 am
I have 6.60 ME-1.8 on my PSP 2000 and I cannot get it to work. I have a livepatch folder with the livepatch.prx file and fftpsp folder in it. Also have the seplugins folder with the game.txt reading: ms0:/livepatch.livepatch.prx 1

Can you please tell me how you did it and/or if you did anything differently? Are we supposed to activate something on the Recovery Menu or VSH Menu for it to work?

EDIT: I just noticed; you had your code like this:

ms0:/livepatch.livepatch.prx 1

This is wrong. It should be like this:

ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1 replace the . with /

Hello Dchen40, here's what I did to get the patch to work:

1) Download LivePatch 0.1.3.zip and wotl-patches.zip*
2) Extract both zips w/ WinZip or WinRAR.

You will see the following files and folders:

wotl-patches.zip
- fftpsp <-- You need this!
- fftpsp-jp <-- Ignore this!

LivePatch 0.1.3.zip
- livepatch <-- Pay attention to this folder ONLY

3) Connect your PSP to your PC/laptop.
4) Access your PSP's memory card.

Now in this section of the memory card we call it the root! You should see folders such as

ISO
MP_ROOT
MUSIC
PICTURE
VIDEO

IF you do not have the folder called seplugins, then please CREATE A NEW FOLDER and name it seplugins (no uppercase, no nothing to make it easier)

ISO
MP_ROOT
MUSIC
PICTURE
seplugins <-- Your newly created folder!
VIDEO

5) Now copy the livepatch folder and paste the whole folder to the root of the stick, you wlll get:

ISO
livepatch <-- See that?
MP_ROOT
MUSIC
PICTURE
seplugins
VIDEO

6) Next copy the fftpsp folder AND open up the livepatch folder and now paste the folder in there, so basically you will get something like this:

ISO
livepatch
'
|--fftpsp
|--livepatch.prx
MP_ROOT
MUSIC
PICTURE
seplugins
VIDEO

6) Okay? Inside the fftpsp folder there arw two files:

- fast.live.
- unstretch.live

You can remove unstretch.live if you do not want to play the game in 4:3 format, it still works wonder, I had it removed.

So now that you have the files in order, go inside of your seplugin folder and create a new .TXT file okay name it:

game.txt

Inside that game.txt copy and paste this string of code:

ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1

Save the text file.

'1' means the patch/plugin IS activated! You're all ready. Exit the USB Mode, reset your PSP (shutdown or something) and have fun.

*There is no need to download the "debug" version.

Dchen40

If done all of that too. I just mistyped my game.txt code on here because it was from memory. I honestly don't understand why mine won't work.

defunct32

Quote from: Dchen40 on April 11, 2012, 03:33:07 pm
If done all of that too. I just mistyped my game.txt code on here because it was from memory. I honestly don't understand why mine won't work.

Did you get the patch to work at all? If you didn't then it's really impossible, there must be something you're doing wrong?!

EDIT: The only thing that crossed my mind is, could it be you're on temporary CFW like 6.60 PRO-B10 or even LME (Lite Minimum Edition), these CFW when shutdown or when the battery dies (drained completely) the CFW will reset to OFW (original firmware) making the patch unusable.

Dchen40

Nope never got the patch to work. I literally just changed my CFW to that two days ago so I doubt that could be the problem. I just don't know what to do. I intentionally left the unstretch patch in there just so I would know if it worked or not.

defunct32

April 12, 2012, 01:51:47 pm #118 Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:14:08 pm by defunct32
Quote from: Dchen40 on April 11, 2012, 10:58:20 pm
Nope never got the patch to work. I literally just changed my CFW to that two days ago so I doubt that could be the problem. I just don't know what to do. I intentionally left the unstretch patch in there just so I would know if it worked or not.

You know what? I'm not going to give up and want you to enjoy this masterpiece, so I went out of the way and do some screenshot to further assist you!

And you were right, there is INDEED 6.60 ME-1.8 I'm on 1.6 I guess it has been far too long since I last look up for an update. I am not certain if you're doing it wrong or 1.8 is preventing this patch from working properly, I'm confused myself but I am going to update to 1.8 anyway later. So... here are the visuals:

EDIT: I've updated my CFW to 6.60 ME-1.8; and the patch still works fine! I am certain that you're doing something wrong.

Lemuzaurio

Ok, I've been here for a while trying to figure this out, I dont know what firmware I have some dude placed it in my psp, then I have an ISO of the game, I already tried what the youtube video walkthrough'd me but nope, can anyone help me here?