• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:09:42 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[FFTPatcher] Resources.zip [Resolved]

Started by R999, February 21, 2010, 11:14:45 pm

R999

February 21, 2010, 11:14:45 pm Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 05:07:13 pm by R999
QuoteIn FFTPatcher, you can select "Generate Resources.zip".
This will create a zip file that you can edit.
Place the zip file in the same directory as PatcherLib.Resources.dll

Edit the XML files in the zip file in order to change the TEXT
that is displayed in FFTPatcher, FFTacText, and
Shishi Sprite Editor.

The readme does not say whether we need to extract the xml files first. I have no way to edit xml files inside the zip file, so if I want to change some entries, i'll have to extract them out first, make the changes to the extracted files, and then zip them back? Is this correct?

Kourama

R999

Quote from: "Kourama"that would be correct

Thanks for the quick response, but I couldn't seem to get it to work.

I have changed the first ability name, from "Cure" to "Cure000" in Abilities.xml, Zip back the Resources.zip and have it placed in the same folder as all the other files

Screenshot

Did I do something wrong here?

Kourama

I can only think of two things made this go wrong. Either you didn't save the file after you made your changes or you created a resources folder and zipped everything back into the Resources.zip file with everything in that folder.

R999

Quote from: "Kourama"I can only think of two things made this go wrong. Either you didn't save the file after you made your changes or you created a resources folder and zipped everything back into the Resources.zip file with everything in that folder.

Awesome. Thanks for getting back to me on this Kourama.
I think it is the latter case. I'll test it out now. (I checked, I did save the changes).
Thanks!

Btw, you know what are you suppose to do with the "Leave trailing space" lines? Am I suppose to leave all of the spaces?

Edit: it's not working. It might have to do with the way that I zip the files up (from Finder). I'll test out another method.

Edit2: It's working now. I had to do a clean archive in OSX to make it compatible with Windows.