• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:09:29 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFVI Hardtype 1.2 (Updated February 3, 2012)

Started by Eternal248, November 10, 2009, 12:14:32 am

MountainDew~

Wow this train boss is really hard. That instant-death reaction is ridiculous.

Really good job on this so far. I am not a fan of your changing Cyan's speech, but it's still playing pretty well :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

beawulfx

Wait, you changed Cyan's speech?! Ah well, count me out then! (totally kidding! I did like his dialogue though, especially when he was made fun of for it :))
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

Eternal

I haven't changed his speech at all. At least, not yet. :o
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

MountainDew~

So far I haven't seen any "thou's" or shalt's, etc. from Doma Castle - Ghost Train But Sabin still had his "Thou art such a pain in the..."

I'm falling from Baron Falls as we speak.

The GhostTrain wasn't too hard in the end, I was just being stupid about the fight. I kept using all three people to hit, but he can't counter me with death when only two of my people hit :P

EDIT: Scratch that, got some of Cyan's old speech on the Veldt with the dried meat scene.

Eternal

Proposed story changes:

1) Include backstory about King Edgar and Sabin from the (half-canon) doujin "Tales of the Desert", written by FFVI's scenario director.

2) In Darill's Tomb, have Setzer face a shade of himself (known as Guilt) in order to overcome his despair, before obtaining the Falcon.

3) Make the opening scene in the snowfields of Narshe (the War of the Magi explanation) a narrative told from the perspective of Locke's grandmother. Only at the Returners' Hideout when Locke retells the story is it retold, at this time you'll realize the opening scene was Locke's grandmother's story.

4) Expand the Empire's story.

5) Restore lost pieces of info about the story, such as explaining Relm's Sketch ability, delving into Shadow's past, etc.

6) Making Kefka more active during the WoR.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

beawulfx

I'll take it all please. I trust you to do things like this right, because you are a massive final fantasy nerd (I say that with more jealousy than anything else!) so I know you will do things justice. And I'd be curious to see some semi-legit canon material added in that I missed out on in some ways. But I just want to see whatever you come up with, so I am way too easy, heh.
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

Eternal

Now that I'm finally making some progress on VI... I think I'll do a character of the week format, featuring each playable character in FFVI and going through their details. Even if you've played VI before, you might learn something! This week's character...

EDGAR RONI FIGARO
"Sometimes when your back is against the cliff... you just have to jump!"

Job Class: Knight/Machinist
Skill: Tools
Desperation Attack: Royal Shock

Height: 6 Feet, 0 Inches
Weight: 169 Pounds

Blood Type: O

Birthplace: Figaro
Treasure: Double-Headed Coin

Loves: Women
Hates: Lectures, and the people who give them

Hobby: Flirting, mechanics

Ultimate Weapon: Aura Lance

Equippable Items: Swords, Spears, Shields, Heavy Armor

HP: ****
MP: **

Vigor: ****
Speed: **
Stamina: ***
Magic Power: **
Battle Power: ****
Defense: ***
Magic Defense: ***
Evasion: **
Magic Evasion: **
Fleeing Capability: ***

Edgar Roni Figaro is a young King of the mechanical fortress, Castle Figaro. His parents were slain by the Empire before the events of FFVI, and ever since, Figaro has been allied with the Empire. To this end, Edgar feels anger that he is forced to feign alliance with his father's slayers, and also feels remorse that this decision caused his twin brother, Sabin, to leave Figaro a decade earlier.

Secretly, Edgar is a member of the Returners, a band of rebels seeking to throw the Gestahlian Empire into dischord. Despite being a rebel, Edgar's ultimate dream is to see a nation where his people are free of worry, where hope blooms as the Desert Rose. Edgar's primary motivation is seeing his nation's survival, and ultimately, its liberation.

In FFVI Hardtype Revision, Edgar is to take the Empire's throne should the rebellion succeed, naming Edgar Empire of Vector, due to Edgar's political and economical knowledge. Further, VI Hardtype Revision reveals more about Edgar's family and his heritage, as well as more about Figaro itself. But the question is... will the rebellion succeed? Or will Edgar's precious Figaro fall to flames? Find out next time, on FFVI Hardtype- the revision!

beawulfx

I was just coming here to ask if there were any small updates and I see I don't have to! Good stuff. Looking forward to reading the rest.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: "FFMaster"If you can order Gau's Rages into alphabetical order, I would play this instantly. If you only did that, I would still grab the patch. If that is possible of course.

http://assassin17.home.comcast.net/~ass ... m#anchor14
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.p ... file;u=247

Eternal

I'll be sure to include that patch in the next version.

Skip Sandwich

I am really liking all that i'm seeing here so far, but the format of the character spell lists makes it kind of hard to see the major differences between them. It would be a lot easier to read if those segments listed ONLY those spells granted via equipment, and not part of the universal esper spell bank.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Eternal

EQUIPMENT SPELLS:

Locke:
-Scan
-Protect
-Reraise (Unique to Locke)
-Blind
-Haste

Shadow:
-Death
-Warp (Unique to Shadow)
-Poison
-Blink
-Stop (Unique to Shadow)
-Blind

Celes:
-Silence
-Ice2
-Drain (Unique to Celes and Edgar)
-Cure3
-Demi
-Shell
-Ice3 (Unique to Celes)
-Reflect
-Raise
-Protect

Terra:
-Fire2
-Break (Unique to Terra)
-Holy
-Flare
-Chrono
-Demi
-Fire3 (Unique to Terra)
-Reflect

Strago:
-Bolt2
-Chrono
-Fire2
-Ice2
-Bio
-Demi
-Meteor
-Bolt3 (Unique to Strago)
-Regen
-Banish

Edgar:
-Drain (Unique to Celes and Edgar)
-Osmose (Unique to the Figaro Twins)
-Chrono
-Slow
-Shell
-Reflect
-Protect

Sabin:
-Fire
-Osmose (Unique to the Figaro Twins)
-Berserk (Unique to Sabin)
-Poison
-Fire2

Cyan:
-Death
-Bolt2
-Regen
-Haste
-Slow2
-Dispel
-Shell
-Reflect
-Protect

Mog:
-Chrono
-Slow
-Imp (Unique to Mog)
-Ice2
-Protect
-Raise

Relm:
-Cure2
-Chrono
-Holy
-Haste
-Reflect
-Cure3
-Arise (Unique to Relm)
-Sleep (Unique to Relm)
-Haste2
-Regen
-Scan
-Banish
-Esuna

Setzer:
-Scan
-Death
-Rasp (Unique to Setzer)
-Chrono
-Bio
-Blink
-Haste

Gau:
-Ice2

Eternal

Update time! Thanks to Celdia and Lenophis for this wonderful ASM work- FFVI now displays job names in the menu! I avoided traditional Job Names this time, so hopefully you all will like it. =D

In case the screenshots are too small, and you can't see the job names...

Terra-   Witch      ->   Esperkin
Shadow-   Nightshade
Edgar-   Nobleman
Sabin-   Brawler
Locke-   Adventurer
Cyan-   Retainer
Mog-   Moogle
Celes-   Rune Knight
Setzer-   Corsair
Strago-   Loremaster
Relm-   Pictomancer
Gau-           Feral Child
Gogo-   Famed Mimic
Umaro-   Yeti

Biggs-   Captain
Wedge-   Corporal

Banon-   Orator

Ghost-   Wraith

Leo-   General

Lijj

I like the class titles. Witch alone is probably good for Terra. Pictomancer's clever. I know the term Pantomancy but never heard that. I love this game..can't wait
  • Modding version: PSX

MountainDew~

Very cool. I haven't had time to play this game since my last post, unfortunately. However, it's probably better to wait for the finalized version anyways :)

Eternal

Since there'll be two patches, one for the World of Balance and one for the World of Ruin... I've been coming up with some ideas that could utilize that feature. That said, these are only -ideas- and are in no way guaranteed to actually be utilized. (Maybe if people are really gungho about them, though...)

1) Item Transmigration
-By keeping a main character's initial weapon/armor all the way into the second "Disc", it'll transform into a more powerful, unique item for that character, far stronger than what item it was before.

2) Sprite Ruination
-After the WoR, since it's a totally seperate patch, it would be possible for characters to have more ruined-looking sprites and portraits. The sprites could have torn clothes, and the characters' portraits could look more sickly or hopeless.

3) Job Upgrades
-Characters could potentially have different jobs in the WoR. That said, I'm only going to utilize that right now with Terra's job changing from 'Witch' to 'Esperkin'.

4) New Bosses
-Using WoB/WoR-unique enemy sprites in their opposite World, I can make new enemies or bosses. For example, I could replace Vargas' boss sprite with Gilgamesh's, since Vargas doesn't appear in the WoR.

Have any other thoughts? There's still a long way to go before I utilize any of these, but I think it's worth discussing.

EDIT: Also, how about giving Shadow's Ninja Blades the Genji Glove property, allowing him to innately Dual Wield weapons? I could give the Genji Glove to Sabin and tone down Offering, as well.

beawulfx

Hah, this is so cool. Really looking forward to it. I have a habit of OCD-style holding on to all initial equips since you can never seem to buy them anywhere, so I love the idea of the Transmigration... I mean they don't have to be super powered ultimate weapons of course, but just comparable/a bit better than what you are getting at the time. Or maybe unique in a way that facilitates that characters style while leaving many other weapon choices open, which I think is what you are leaning towards. I like that one just for novelty sake.

Sprite thing would be great if done well and subtle. Could be a nice touch.

Job Upgrades would be text change only right? If it fits a character it would be cool, like Terra, while some others may not really have a proper job to change too I'd presume?

And new Bosses, hell new Bosses are always good!

Eternal

LOCKE COLE
"I ran as fast as I could back to the village, only to see you standing over her body... You said you gave her some medicine to preserve her corpse... but to me, she's not a corpse, she's Rachel- the person I loved who I failed to protect!"

Job Class: Adventurer (Thief)
Skill: Steal/Mug
Desperation Attack: Mirage Dive

Height: 5 Feet, 9 Inches
Weight: 147 Pounds

Blood Type: O-

Birthplace: Kohlingen
Treasure: Phoenix Magicite

Loves: Adventures
Hates: Mushrooms/Farewells

Hobby: Treasure Hunting, "Treasure Hunting"

Ultimate Weapon: Zwill Crossblade

Equippable Items: Daggers, Smallswords, Small Shields, Hats, Clothing

HP: ***
MP: **

Vigor: ***
Speed: *****
Stamina: ***
Magic Power: *
Battle Power: **
Defense: **
Magic Defense: *
Evasion: ***
Magic Evasion: **
Fleeing Capability: *****

Locke Cole is the young explorer of FFVI's world, forever searching for the ancient treasure said to reawaken the dead. His primary motive throughout the game is to fell the Empire which has caused him to lose those close to him, and to defend those who are still living. Throughout the game, Locke sees his former lover in a few of the party members, which spurns him ever further to defend them from the same fate that awaited his lost love.

Thief by trade, preferring the title "Treasure Hunter", Locke is very nimble and stealthy, able to steal items from unwary enemies and use them as his own. In FFVI Hardtype Revised, Locke is informal- but polite- and is ever chivalrous. He admires Terra's innocent nature, and desires to maintain it at even the cost of his life. His duty as a Returner sees that he defends many innocents from the Empire's harm, although Locke still maintains the guilt that he could never protect Rachel that day, when one of the Empire's Generals burnt down Rachel's village...

Dies_Irae777

This is going in a very good direction. I have been playing/beating FF3/6 since I was seven. When your a kid, the difficulty holds up, but not after 16 years. You just make everyone wear force/genji equipment, learn ultima, wear marvel shoes etc..., and never mind the glitches/tricks. Thats the problem, all characters can, ultimately, become vanilla power hitters. Yes, the same can be said about FF5, but that game demands strategy over brute force. So this project will seemingly breath new life into a beloved, yet stale, game.

As for the content, the super bosses are what really got me excited (Imagine 5 hour+ epic battles/gauntlets?lol). I am also really liking the magic learning system, giving actual use and uniqueness to each character. Perhaps, instead of level bonuses, give equip bonuses (Madeen, being Terra's father, gives her a bonus to overall magic effectiveness).

I willl understand if people will want to rip my lungs out here, but heres a plot suggestion. In WoR, Terra battles Humbaba solo. She CAN kill him, but if she dies, she turns to magicite.

Esper Terra:

Fire1 X20
Fire2 X10
Fire3 X5
Merton X1

Bonus: +10 Magic when equipped, Summon: 200MP Basically merton and revives party.

Eternal

Welcome to FFH, and thanks for making your first post on here in my topic. ^_^

Personally, I'm of the philosophy that longer battles != fun, and that they should try and be avoided. The only bosses that should really take a long amount of time are Omega, Shinryu, Yiazmat, and Kefka. That said, I can't give individual players individual bonuses for Espers (although that would be really cool, give Maduin to Terra, Phoenix to Locke, Alexander to Cyan, etc.) without serious ASM. The same goes for your Terra Magicite suggestion- it would require serious event editing and could really mess up the story. It's quite a creative suggestion though.

Also, don't worry about your lungs being ripped out. That only happens when you call someone a thief. =P