• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:14:34 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT Arena Beta 139c

Started by FFMaster, August 04, 2010, 06:11:37 pm

Barren

What browser are you using Zalbagg?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Zalbagg

Firefox, I found an earlier version in a different thread just messing with that right now, but I really want the latest one.
"The name Beoulve befits brave men who raise their swords in justice's name."
    --Zalbaag Beoulve

Barren

when you click on the Arena137.rar link nothing happened? unless you may have to enable cookies on your browser perhaps. Also make sure you have winrar so you can extract it. If you still can't download it I'll send it to you

Zalbagg

Hmmm nevermind it worked for me today when i tried it. So what do i do next?
"The name Beoulve befits brave men who raise their swords in justice's name."
    --Zalbaag Beoulve

FFMaster

☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Barren

Nice animation with the shuriken, looks really cool

CT5Holy

January 21, 2012, 01:04:22 am #127 Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:51:48 am by CT5Holy
Ninjas can't equip perfumes in game. Just letting you know.

Oh, and Chaos Blade doesn't have a description, and causes for the formation screen to get all buggy. It goes away once you exit and re-enter though. Another minor detail.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

FFMaster

January 21, 2012, 05:42:39 am #128 Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 05:49:09 am by FFMaster
Huh... sounds like a formatting error for Chaos Blade, I'll check it out. And thanks for telling me about the perfumes.

EDIT: Fixed the Chaos Blade description problem. Seems like the text box was too long or something...

Odal

March 25, 2012, 03:46:06 pm #129 Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:11:51 pm by Odal
I'm not sure what the problem is with this excel memory card generator, but it's saying that my brave and faith are wrong (giving red X) no matter what I put in there.

Edit-
Solved.  It was a rather annoying problem with the macros and having to enable them and using the correct version of excel or something.

With that said, I'm pretty sure I know which team I'll use for the tourney. :D

Xeno

Sorry if I'm repeating anyone, but when the new patch comes out will I be able to apply it over the old one?
Everyone is king, When there is no one left to pawn.(Vagrant Story=God Mode)

Eternal

You should always patch a clean ISO.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

FFMaster

138 uploaded. The .rar doesn't have the memcardgen, so you will have to download it from Xif's thread. Tables will be updated slowly.

NOTE: There may be a few incorrect values due to the number of changes.

Barren

August 22, 2012, 05:48:42 pm #133 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:55:12 pm by Barren
Did some testing with the tactictian's blade, for some reason it not only doesn't apply the move/jump +1 stats but it also inflicts stop :/

and reraise cancels berserk...i'll find more bugs as I go along but for now you definitely got some fixing to do

Xifanie

Eye's drop wasn't changed to Chrono's tears at all
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

FFMaster

Reraise also cancels Silence right now.

Found the problems and corrected them.

Gaignun

August 23, 2012, 10:15:32 pm #136 Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 03:47:34 am by Gaignun
I'm noticing information in the master's guide that does not reflect the list of changes in the stats discussion thread (eg. Holy still not being M-Evadable).  Is the master's guide outdated in places, or were these changes intentionally left out?

Edit: I encountered a few more bugs in-game:

• Masamune is only targeting self in spite of its appropriate range.

• Sleep Sword is adding Silence and Blind instead of Sleep.  It must still be calling Blizzard's effect, which has been changed from Sleep to Silence/Blind.

• Projectile Guard considers Brave, not (Br+Fa)/2.

• Steal's Heretic, Bad Luck, Spellbreaker, and Quickening have erroneous skill descriptions. (Minor)

• Hawk's Eye does not add Poison nor Oil.

• Ninjutsu's -ton skills still ignore M-EV.

and a few with the memcard generator:

• Poison costs 150 JP.  It should cost 50 JP, right?

• Don't Move costs 80 JP.  It should cost 100 JP.

• Reraise is still present in the White Magic skill set.

FFMaster

Posion is correctly 150, Don't Move should be 100.

I've fixed most bugs and will be releasing 138b soon. I just need to check Projectile Guard, Hawk's Eye and Masamune.

Also, what's wrong with the Steal descriptions? Don't read any skill descriptions in game, since I haven't even started those yet.

Also, Holy is evadable, but not noted in the tables. Just note any problems between the discussion and the MG. Some changes were made due to lack of time or ASM problems(eg, not including the Brave/Faith movements)

EDIT: I'm planning to dismantle Xif's spreadsheet and using it to update the MG faster. It's better than manually doing everything and letting incorrect info appear anyway.

FFMaster

Ok, I've fixed up everything except the skill descriptions, which I have no idea what Gaignun is trying to say. If nobody posts any problems when I wake up tomorrow (12 hours from now approximately), then I will release 138b.

Here's the current changelog

Changelog
- Tactician's Blade fixed
- Reraise fixed
- Chrono's Tear name fixed
- Chakra Band name fixed
- Masamune targetting fixed
- Sleep Sword status fixed
- Projectile Guard dodge rate fixed
- Hawk's Eye formula now accepts status
- Ninjutsu's -ton skills M-EV fixed
- Don't Move JP cost fixed
- Reraise now properly removed from White Magic

Barren

It could be just me but I also tried out a scholar using a summon magic and her face glitches a little when the mouth flaps open and close.