• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT: Diverse (UPDATE: DEMO AND SCREENS!)

Started by ffta707, August 08, 2010, 06:11:29 pm

ffta707

August 08, 2010, 06:11:29 pm Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 08:52:17 pm by ffta707

A young man named Azrael planned to be happily married to a young lady name Olgria. They were roaming the city of Trecheran (A poor town filled with many peasants), when Azrael proposed with a stone of Serpentarious, to Olgria. Olgria held the stone. Before anything was said, an arrow was shot into Azrael. Olgria fell to the ground, struggling towards Azrael, trying to lift him. A knight walked into the city, strait towards Olgria. Olgria was grabbed by the arms, the stone with her.  Everything clears, and then Azrael starts to gain consciousness. There were many dead people around him, who were slaughtered by the knights of Golgeros. A sudden call from someone among the dead made Azrael come too. He stands, and walks towards the man. The man is conscious, but has been badly wounded. He acquired a scar on his left cheek, from the notorious Havian Kin.

Story of Zeleus

Azrael's instinct takes over, and he saves the younger man named Zeleus. Zeleus was at the academy training for the conflict of Zelmonia and Ordalia. Trecheran was a small town nearly neighboring Zelmonia, and they were currently sending Soldiers into Zelmonia, to try to fend off Ordallia. Zeleus was an experienced Mercenary, and new a lot for his age.  Before he was injured, he was going to check out a group of Golgerosian soldiers that had been reported roaming land's around Trecherain.

History of Golgeros

Golgeros, a small group encouraging the independence from Ordalia, was known to have frequent attacks on Trecheran, recently. These attacks were rare but very violent. Trecheran could not predict the attacks, and so they could hardly defend themselves. Golgeros was violent, and didn't consist of many soldiers, but all of the soldiers were very skilled. They were led by a man named Havian kin, who trained with Ordalia's infantry for many years. He was power hungry, along with the other Golgerosian soldiers. Golgeros has one main goal, and it is to capture the provenance of Zelmonia: Trecheran. They hope to grow big enough to one day take out the Ordalia Nation.  
    Although never mentioned in the scripts of the Fifty Years War, Golgeros played a major start in the declaration of the war. Havian Killed King Devanne III, before he named a successor, trying to corrupt the Ordallian Nation. To Havian's surprise, the death of the King caused Ivalice to declare war on Ordallia. Golgeros was much hated, but was never encroached upon. They did their own thing, and tried capturing Trecheran.
History of Trecheran
    Trecheran, a provenance of Zelmonia, was an independent nation, with a growing military. Nearing the end of the Fifty Years War (When story takes place), Ivalice freed the Provenance from Ordallian rule. Trecheran was slow to get on its feet again, and attacks from Golgeros became worse. The development of Trecheran's army, however, was not slowed down. Many feared for the lives of their families. Female and Male from all over the now "City State" joined the Trecheran army. Golgeros struggled to overpower Trecherain. Zodiac stone's were being discovered around this time, and Golgeros took advantage.

Story of Azrael

As the stones were being mined, news spread about the stones. It was said that the natural beauty of the stones was sacred. Azrael had opportunities to mine the stones, and took each on. Eventually, he got a hold of the most sacred, a Serpentarious. The power of the stones was not yet discovered. Only Golgeros and Ordallia knew about the Phenomenon's that occurred with the holders of the stone, and had intentions to use the stones in battle. Azrael was very careful about the Serpentarious, and planned to keep it for proposal. Later on, He met a women named Olgria, and proposed. The day he proposed, he handed the stone to Olgria, but a wall of Golgerosian soldiers plowed into Trecheran, and slaughtered all. Except for Azrael, and Olgria who was captured; Stone in hand.

Storyline: Meeting Nareh Rotiart
    Azrael hired Zeleus to accompany him in finding Olgria; Zeleus reluctantly agreed. Azrael also looked to find professional help though. Azrael and Zeleus began scanning Trecheran for an experienced soldier. Azrael finally encounters an experienced old man named Nareh Rotiart. He reluctantly agrees to helping, but insists on leading them. Azrael hesitates, but agrees.

After weeks of searching, Rotiart tells Azrael that Olgria is dead, and that he should focus more on freeing himself from Golgeros, and quit the setbacks. Azrael was frustrated with such stupid remarks, and the Sword Sinister took on Azrael. This is the first major battle in the game, and Nareh brings in a few "Unexpected" surprises. A hooded warrior who is nameless enters the field. Nareh calls it miss, but you will not find out its name for a while. A second warrior comes in. It is a familiar warrior, from when Havian attacked Trecheran. It is the one who slashed Zeleus. Once defeated, Rotiart uses a stone, and turns into a Serpentarious Boss. He runs off, but you will meet again later.

Last Battle: Major Twist

You meat Miss, in a corrupt map of Trecherain (After that part was invaded). You will have to fight Him/ Her, and defeat it. After the battle, a twist occurs in the story line. The black figure, after exploding, shows her real face. It turns out to be Olgria! She holds up the stone... "You should have known you fool." She transforms into a new Ultima sprite, designed like medusa, or a snake women.

FFT: Diverse

Attention, this is an update from: Monday, November 8, 10:12. All jobs listed under completed are being tested as we speak. Screen-shots, and a playable demo are going to be released in a little bit.

This is not the story of trecherain. This is a new patch, consisting of new jobs, new secret characters, MORE Human jobs than the regular 19, added events, and more chocobos.

Wakka (Kingdom hearts - Tidus's Blitz ball partner)
"Blitzman" - No abilities will be revealed.
Event is about 40% complete.

Job Concepts

Job: Deranger - Unbalance's the field of battle with many stat damaging attacks.
Equipment: Swords, clothes, hats, shoes
Requirements: None
Abilities:
Scythe Speed - Reduce enemies' speed
Cut Energy - Reduce enemies' physical attack
Scythe Sorcery - Reduce enemies' magical attack
Fatal Blow - If it hits (1% chance) kills all units on the field (large MP and JP cost)

Job: Mender -Heals many status inflictions in allies, and also uses a few against the undead.
Equipment: First Aid Kits, clothes, shoes
Requirements: None
Abilities:
Heal HP: Cures ally's HP
Heal MP: Cure ally's MP
Heal Faith: Give ally faith
Heal Brave: Give ally bravery
Heal Mind: Cure confusion and charm

Job: Blasphemer - Uses many dark skills to pound enemies down.
Equipment: Rod, Robe, shoes, Shield
Requirements: Mender Lv. 8
Abilities:
Downgrade: Cut enemies HP in half
Black Reprisal: Make an enemy have Don't Act
Dark Mist: Blind enemy with dark plumes of smoke
Swallow Tail: Surround enemy with a funnel of darkness
Demon Tail: Shoot a beam of darkness at enemy
Fire Prone: Oil the enemy making them weak to fire
Secret Ability: .......

Job: Knight (Currently being worked on.
No longer a concept.
Bestower Job, pending

Abilities:
Roulette: Targets everyone. If it hits, it will cause instant crystallization.
Greed: Instant death sentence to anyone who is hit. Targets all.
Frog: Instant frog shape to anyone who is hit. Targets everyone.
Spate: Cause a plague. If hit, causes a disease outbreak. Targets everyone.
Blight: May Give all allies revive, Regen, cure 4, protect, and/ or shell. Or may inflict death sentence.
Decision: crystal to enemies or frog. Or it adds revive, shell, protect, cure, cure4.

Abilities:
Earthquake: Harness the Earth Blade - Earth Elemental
Water: Harness the Aero Blade - Water elemental
Firestorm: Harness the Combust Blade - Fire Elemental
Blizzard: Harness the Frost Blade - Ice Elemental
Thunderstorm: Harness the Bolt Blade - Lightning Elemental
Gust: Harness the Breeze Blade - Wind Elemental

Abilities:
Heal: Requires Enchanters Stone (Heal allies HP)
Mend: Requires Mage Stone (Raise Allies MP)
Protect: Requires Shield Stone (Adds protect to ally)
Adrenaline: Requires Haste Stone (Adds Haste to ally)
Death's Blight: Requires Blood Stone (Adds Death sentence to enemy)
Rock seal: Requires Petrified stone (Adds Petrify to enemy)

Completed Jobs
None Yet
Green Mage
Abilities

Protect =Protect - Protects the ally from PA's

Shell = Shell - Protects the ally from MA's

Fire =Oil - Adds sticky oil to the enemy, making him flammable

Fire2=Blind - Blinds the enemy

Fire3=Silence - Prevents unit (s) from using magic

Fire4=Sleep - Puts unit (s) to sleep

Ice=Valor - PA + 3

Ice2=Tailwind - Speed + 7

Ice3=Spate - Buggy (Not working) - Adds Blood Suck to enemy

Chocobo Knight
Abilities

Cure=Chocobo Cure - Cures allies (Working - Done)

Cure2=Chocobo Eusana - Cures Status (Working - Done)

Cure3=Chocobo Beak - Attack Enemies with magical beak (Working - A little over powered; Needs formula work)

Cure4=Chocobo Ball - Summon three magical balls to hit the enemy (Working - Done)

Raise= Chocobo Poison - Poison enemies with the soul of the green Chocobo (Working - Done)

Raise2=Chocobo Meteor - Spawn a meteor from the spirit of the red Chocobo (Working - Done)

Deranger
Abilities

Bolt= Scythe Speed - Cut enemies speed by 1

Bolt2= Cut Energy - Reduce enemies PA by 1

Bolt3= Scythe Sorcery - Reduce enemies MA by 1

Bolt4= Incise Magic - Causes MP damage

Reraise=Take Aim - 100% hit; reduced damage

Charge3= Boost - Focus to increase damage

Knight
Abilities

Head Break = Chivalry - send your own HP to a troubled ally.

Armor Break= Deplete - Damage enemy, absorbing their HP.

Shield Break= Subdue  - Deal low damage to enemy.

Weapon Break= Blister -  Long distance damage.  Fire Element

Magic Break= Whirlwind- Long distance Damage. Wind Element

Speed Break=Shudder- Long distance Damage. Earth Element

Power Break=Train - Charms a monster into joining the party.

Mind Break= Valiance - Gives an ally bravery.

Undead Knight
Abilities

Shell 2= Bolt Soul (monsters Standard, little improvements. I.e. Better range, Height, and power. )

Wall= Marine Soul (monsters Standard, little improvements. I.e. Better range, Height, and power. )

Esuna= Ice Soul (monsters Standard, little improvements. I.e. Better range, Height, and power. )

Holy= Squall Soul (monsters Standard, little improvements. I.e. Better range, Height, and power. )

Regen= Zombie Touch (monsters Standard, little improvements. I.e. Better range, Height, and power. )

Protect 2= Sleep Touch (monsters Standard, little improvements. I.e. Better range, Height, and power. )

Poison= Drain Touch (monsters Standard, little improvements. I.e. Better range, Height, and power. )

Gunner
Abilities

Gil Taking=Disable - Enemy is unable to act.

Steal Heart=Immobilize - Enemy is unable to move.

Steal Helmet=Lighten Wallet - Aim an arrow at the enemies pocket, spilling out gil.

Steal Armor=Burial - Seal the evil from living (Petrify on undead)

Steal Shield=Snipe - Never miss damage, 100%.

Steal Weapon=Greased Bolt - Stop the enemy in their tracks. (Adds stop)

Steal Accessory=Confushot - confuse the enemy with a sharp blow.

All abilities have just been tested. No bugs, working great so far.

Two more chocobo's are being created (White and Green - and one secret chocobo). So chocobo knight will get more abilities, that I will add later (Including a secret one, from the secret chocobo).

They are very rare, and are only found in some regular battles. If you see one, you will have to have someone with Invite skill.
Sometimes jobs of the same kind as your generics will appear in random battles. If so, you will either have to be hit by the secret ability they carry, or inherit their crystal.
Chocobo - 3 added, 1 secret.
Goblin - 2 added
Sacrificing - Juravis type birds, and Flotiball/ Plagues.

1) Need ideas on balancing chocobo knight. They need to be a bit stronger than a normal chocobo.

Defender: Murasame
Vitanova: Heavens Cloud
Lionheart: Kiyomori
Eclipse: Muramasa
Charfire: Kikuichimoji
Lohengrin: Masamune

DEMO IS COMING - THE PATCH FILE IS BELLOW. I didn't have time to make a ppf, and the fftactext extension not aloud, no time to compress. Thanks and enjoy.
Screen Shots

Tigerspike

How about making this patch into multiple patches?  For instance, one patch covering the Viura Campaign and Romanda's Invasion, and another patch covering Denamda IV's death and Ivalice's surrender to Ordalia.  This way you can have it be a much larger game, even having jobs (and the job wheel) change as the war progresses.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

ffta707

I've considered it. I've also considered this.

Chapter 1 - 2: The Viura Campaign
Chapter 3 - 4: Romanda's invasion

Within those chapters, I could cover Denamda IV's death and Ivalice's treaty. (or surrender, whichever you believe)
I don't think Denamda's death and Ivalice's treaty are worth their own patch. It is such a big battle, so it would have to cover 50 years in about 12 hours of game play (Not sure how much really).

Tigerspike

You're right, the death of Denamda IV and the treaty signing wouldn't merit their own patch.  I do still think that the Fifty Year's war might be better represented using more than one patch.  One benefit to splitting the two (beyond what I suggested earlier) would be increased memory for the game, thus increasing the capacity for unique characters, cut-scenes, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I think that if written well enough the Fifty Year's war could be brought down to one patch, but I think it may be better to have a larger capacity to work with.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

ffta707

Enthraller

New Job Concept

Enthraller: Uses different healing techniques to mend allies. He/ she needs to have different stones to use the abilities.  In FYW, Items are known as stones
Abilities:
Heal: Requires Enchanters Stone (Heal allies HP)
Mend: Requires Mage Stone (Raise Allies MP)
Protect: Requires Shield Stone (Adds protect to ally)
Adrenaline: Requires Haste Stone (Adds Haste to ally)
Death's Blight: Requires Blood Stone (Adds Death sentence to enemy)
Rock seal: Requires Petrified stone (Adds Petrify to enemy)

There would have to be more skills. Maybe covering all the different elements because this is basically taking up Black Mage, White Mage, and chemist all in one.

Item Changes in FYW
Obviously Items will be changed to stone

Stones are listed below. See if you can guess what secret abilities will be. Secret stones are marked in spoilers, so please don't ruin them for others.

I believe there are 12 stones (Items) in all, correct me if I'm wrong.

1) Enchanters Stone
2) Mage Stone
3) Shield Stone
4) Haste Stone
5) Blood Stone
6) Petrified stone

Secret Stone's/ abilities that go with them
7) Life stone:  Revive: Revive an ally with the life stone
8) Purity stone: Cure: Removes many status elements
9) Drain Stone: Drain: Drain enemies HP
10) Cursed Stone: Cursed Kiss: Adds frog to enemy
11) Death Stone: Mineralogy: Turn enemy into crystal
12) Apocalyptic Stone: Vampire Bite: Inflict blood suck and invite on enemy

I am making sure to make each job very unique and take lots of thinking. This was actually a variation of the mender that I really liked. I will have a video Up showing the class, after I come up with a few more classes.

For their equip items.
There stone is their weapon. They do not equip items. Basically, there is a free of MP cost ability, that is a basic attack. It is Dmg_F(MA*Y). They have about the same stat growths as black mage, to consider the Dmg_F(MA*Y) formula. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

ffta707

Fathom Blade

New Job Concept

Fathom Blade: Harnesses the power of blades to cut enemies with many elements.
Abilities:
Earthquake: Harness the Earth Blade - Earth Elemental  
Water: Harness the Aero Blade - Water elemental
Firestorm: Harness the Combust Blade - Fire Elemental
Blizzard: Harness the Frost Blade - Ice Elemental
Thunderstorm: Harness the Bolt Blade - Lightning Elemental
Gust: Harness the Breeze Blade - Wind Elemental

Not sure to what point I can edit Geomancer, but if I can put the ARH on it, it would save a job.

Item Changes In FYW
There is new blades included in the patch, each with unique names and skills associated with them. Below are the main elements, then the two or more? Secret blades/ abilities.

1) Earth Blade
2) Aero Blade
3) Combust Blade
4) Frost Blade
5) Bolt Blade
6) Breeze Blade

Saintly Bolt:  Harness the Consecrated Blade - Holy Elemental
Sinister Stab: Harness the Dim Blade - Dark Elemental

I am making sure to make each job very unique and take lots of thinking. This was actually a variation of the mender that I really liked. I will have a video Up showing the class, after I come up with a few more classes.

ffta707

Clairvoyant

New job Concept

Abilities:
Roulette: Targets everyone. If it hits, it will cause instant crystallization.
Greed: Instant death sentence to anyone who is hit. Targets all.
Frog: Instant frog shape to anyone who is hit. Targets everyone.
Spate: Cause a plague. If hit, causes a disease outbreak. Targets everyone.
Blight: May Give all allies revive, Regen, cure 4, protect, and/ or shell. Or may inflict death sentence.
Decision: crystal to enemies or frog. Or it adds revive, shell, protect, cure, cure4.

Equipment
For the most part, they equip rods, robes, and shoes. Also, they can equip other accessories.

Secret Abilities
Blasphemy: chance to hit the Castor only, not all allies. Instantly vaporizes enemies into a crystal.

Currently being worked on in patcher.

Kagebunji

Hoho, this looks promising just as Newtype does. Since you aren't such a new member, you probably know that just because few people post in your topic doesn't mean the patch sucks. I am lookin forward to it. Time to read all the rest, hehe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zaen

"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

ffta707

Haha. Yeah, it's a tense skill. Anyways, you will be surprised by the update coming up. There will be a whole sway in the way things go :)

Tigerspike

Sounds good!  I can't wait to see the update!

SolidSnakeDog

Roulette will be an instant death if it hit the main character...id never use it for this reison lol

Tigerspike

No risk, no reward, right?  While Roulette skills usually cause death, it's usually not permanent, and usually not crystalization (or permanent removal like an x-zone skill) and can be countered with plenty of phoenix down.

ffta707

A good combination would be Enthraller with clairvoyent. Then you would have pheonix down or in this case: use the Life Stone. (Crap that was a secret ability). The Lifestone is now a generic ability.

Tigerspike

So are you altering the properties of the crystal status?  I thought crystalization could not be reversed.

ffta707

Oh, my bad, I thought it was just death. Hmm, sounds like its a chance to take. I would use the skill in tense areas like you and the boss left, no other way to kill him, so you use roulette.

EDIT:
I've been terribly busy with school, and ffta program, so I can't promise another update for a while. The other update is a large new story line, relevant to the 50 year war, but completely different. I think you guys will love it, and once I get the time I will post it.

ffta707

Updated the top post with progress.

The storyline is going to be put to rest (Maybe not for to long). But, now I will introduce my new patch, FFT: Diverse.

The story behind diverse, is I want to get some Ideas out that have been itching to get out. Sprites and characters sprites will be redone (I'm better at spriting). Many new secret characters will be added. Some secret missions, and side quests will be added. A complete rework of jobs will be done, sprites to. And a wide variety of secret abilities will be created.

Later on, I may add the story of trecherain to the patch (After main base is done).

Enjoy.

Kagebunji

Forget about all new sprites. Do only the ones that are REALLY needing it, doing all of them is impossible, you will tire yourself before finishing it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ffta707

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Forget about all new sprites. Do only the ones that are REALLY needing it, doing all of them is impossible, you will tire yourself before finishing it.

Well, excluding Ninja, Lancer, Mime, Chemist, and Geomancer, I think the other jobs shouldn't be much of a problem. I'm not the best spriter though. As of right now I'm going to focus on getting all of the jobs done (Not sprites). Then Secret characters, then events.