• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:58:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Remove every ressurrect skill!

Started by Dome, February 16, 2010, 05:13:08 am

Dome

Let's make this more similar to Fire Emblem!
If you let someone die, you have 3 turns to end the battle, or you will lose him forever!
In this way we can stop the sandbag once and for all!
 :gay:

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kagebunji

Meh, I kinda don't like this idea, but I do not decide :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Archael

lol bye bye sandbag

btw a change like this would make damage reduction and healing skills MUCH MUCH more important

which is good.

it would also increase the power of straight DPS systems so watch out

Kokojo

Yeah, It was thought of, but the main problems stand out ; help me if you find any alternative.

1) The number of generics is restricted ; and the Guests of the first Patch, Schaefer and Ilya, are immortal. You can get 4 guests later in the game, but let's say the first one is killed at first and does not die, you're screwed.
2)If I were to make everyone immortal (I would't know how to put it on generics) we would face  NPC or ennemies just saying there inbetween 3 corpses.

I am open to any fix that might be proposed, so tell me what you think...
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Dome

This is meant to be a strategy game, so you should avoid the death of your units, healing and protecting them...it's your fault if you let them die
In this way, you can also avoid to use skillsets just because they have a "resurrect" skill, and healing and protecting units becomes much more important, as Arch already said
Btw, I don't think COP is meant to be a "Sky-rocket difficult" patch, so keeping a unit alive shouldn't be a huge problem, unless you are fucking dumb (Or you are extremely unlucky)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

mav

This is actually a very interesting idea--I don't know how to fix the problems, but I'm sure someone her can develop a decent workaround.

Aquilae

I simply can't see this working out unless there is a major overhaul in the skills / damage done. For one, you can't heal much at all, the basic healing abilities only protect against one attack at most, which can't guard against a horde of enemies.

If you plan to implement this, you could

- Buff Healing abilities so that you don't lose a unit so easily, and you can keep up with the damage. Maybe give an MP cost to healing abilities, so you can only use them 2-3 times and you need to strategise whether to attack or heal. I found that in the beta I couldn't really keep up with the damage thrown at me, and there isn't much room for comeback. Better healing would somewhat balance out the consequence of losing a unit for the battle.

- Better Defense, so that DPS doesn't dominate, like what Arch said. I'm thinking along the lines of elements playing a bigger role, so you can prepare and guard against stuff better. Also, you could include Initial: Protect / Shell on a few items and maybe a few more skills that cast those buffs.

- Don't make them immortal. It's more fun to try and win a battle before a unit crystalises. Maybe make it a game over if any of them crystalise since they seem integral to gameplay?
:gay:

PLob218

I really like the idea of removing all rezzing abilities, coupled with a greater focus on healing. Is it possible to force a Game Over screen whenever someone in your party crystallizes? That would get rid of the "corpse shield" problem, and make it even more necessary to play defensively.